That's the worst O-line play I've seen in a decade, from any team.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • beastlyskronk
    Football Immortal
    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
    He cannot play tackle, guard is his last chance
    Should get a shot at RG.
    He was solid at RG last season for a inexperienced player. There were some growing pains but nothing like what he’s experienced at RT so far. He really struggles with speed rushers as well as speed to power moves. At RG he doesn’t have to worry about speed nearly as much. And he’s much quicker going forward so he shouldn’t struggle with holding as bad as Leary who just can’t get in good position in a zone scheme.

I’d argue that our line is a lot closer to being good than they’ve been playing. I think the interior would be fine with Riser, McGover, and Wilkinson. We can get by with McGovern at C if we don’t find a prospect we like. Bolles could make a great OG but his hand technique is too bad to rely on. LT is a gaping abyss that needs to be addressed. Depth at RT is another big hole, I think James is solid but not dependable as far as his health so a quality backup becomes a must. Maybe Ty Neshke from Buffalo since they’ve been rotating him and Cody Ford. I don’t expect us to draft 3 or 4 lineman, 1 early and then maybe another in the 3rd or 4th with a veteran addition in FA.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
      Banned User
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by 58Miller View Post
      He cannot play tackle, guard is his last chance
      Should get a shot at RG.
      Generally I would agree guard is the position for Wilkinson. He played better at LT and with additional coaching could get there. Even as a depth for swing tackle. Wilkinson is a very hard worker and coachable.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
        Banned User
        • Dec 2015

Originally posted by Rich_C View Post
        Do we remember Schofield? He SUCKED at RT....then he was moved to LT and looked quite good. Not all OT's can play the right side. SOme are best suited for the left side. I also tend to agree that Wilkinson is that guy. HE works his tail off and can be coached. With better coaching now I expect him to keep getting better. Maybe on the left or maybe even on the right. What will be interesting is if we keep Leary in at RG once James gets back. That will tell us if Leary is covering for poor RT play or the other way around.
        Originally posted by beastlyskronk View Post
        He was solid at RG last season for a inexperienced player. There were some growing pains but nothing like what he’s experienced at RT so far. He really struggles with speed rushers as well as speed to power moves. At RG he doesn’t have to worry about speed nearly as much. And he’s much quicker going forward so he shouldn’t struggle with holding as bad as Leary who just can’t get in good position in a zone scheme.

I’d argue that our line is a lot closer to being good than they’ve been playing. I think the interior would be fine with Riser, McGover, and Wilkinson. We can get by with McGovern at C if we don’t find a prospect we like. Bolles could make a great OG but his hand technique is too bad to rely on. LT is a gaping abyss that needs to be addressed. Depth at RT is another big hole, I think James is solid but not dependable as far as his health so a quality backup becomes a must. Maybe Ty Neshke from Buffalo since they’ve been rotating him and Cody Ford. I don’t expect us to draft 3 or 4 lineman, 1 early and then maybe another in the 3rd or 4th with a veteran addition in FA.
        Agree with the thoughts here. I thought Wilkinson was ready for the next step at tackle but obviously needs more work. I think he can be a starter at RG and significant upgrade over Leary. I think McGovern can continue improving at center. The big piece will be LT. As bad as things have seemed I do think the line is closer than most believe, although solving LT is easier said than done. Better quarterback play would also help a lot. It’s hard for a line to makeup for totally sub-par quarterback play.

Comment

• Kyousukeneko
          Football Immortal
          • May 2010

Right now if i was drafting i would be

Joe Burrow OR Tua Tagovailioa
          Oline
          Oline
          Oline
          then maybe more O-line
          sigpic
          oakland raders gm