Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast
    Humans can't utter an audible response to the negativity I feel about that offensive performance last night. I am actually surprised Munchak didn't punch every O-lineman but Risner in the face. Yes Elway has drafted some solid guys, but the OL signings and drafts apart from Risner have been off the charts awful. Hopefully James will be healthy enough to play next week and Wilkinson and Bolles can take turns picking splinters out of their behinds soon. We have have to add another OT if nothing else to save our QB statue from being destroyed.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Manning???? The dude retired. What do you mean shouldíve brought him back?

Iím as critical of Elway as anybody this year but letís please get some perspective.
    Manning wanted to come back but Denver made it all but clear to him that if he didn't retire they were going to release him due to what he was going to be owed that final year as well as what they perceived as declining play and their feeling they would still be a Super Bowl contender with the defense regardless of the quarterback.

Manning's arm was shot. He could barely throw a straight pass 10 yards down the field. We would not have won another Super Bowl with him as our quarterback.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    1) Not bringing Manning back for the final year of his contract.

2) Not re-signing Brock before he left for Houston.

3) Hiring Vance Joseph.

4) Letting Wade Phillips Walk.

5) Bringing Elway back after last season.
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Manning???? The dude retired. What do you mean should’ve brought him back?

I’m as critical of Elway as anybody this year but let’s please get some perspective.
    I was a huge fan of Manning when he was here, and was extremely happy when Elway acquired him. BUT, he was done when he was done, and it was a perfect ending for his career. But there was no way he should have returned after that. The problem in that case was the first warning signs for me, that Elway had a weak spot in terms of drafting QBs, and a definite lack of concern for something he should have known better than anyone....the importance of an Oline.

I agree.. Elway let his relationships with the Shannys to not hire Kyle.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    The Broncos should have brought in Kyle Shanahan as their future head coach. They should have bound him to a chair - asked him how much he wanted - and deposited it directly to his checking account.
    I agree. The issue is that Kyle would not have the talent to work with. He would be working with the same draft picks and bad free agent contracts under Elway. Maybe Kyle could influence some of the decisions, but not enough with Elway and his goon Matt Russell. The Broncos are a bad organization top to bottom. Wholesale change will be required.

Ok, time's up. There is one team in the NFL allowing over a touchdown per game to the tight end position. The Arizona Cardinals. The next closest team is giving up 0.67. They are giving up 100yds per game to tight ends, and the next closest team is giving up 17 fewer. That's the biggest gap from one team to the next in the league. They're 28th right now in YPR to running backs.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    1) Not bringing Manning back for the final year of his contract.

2) Not re-signing Brock before he left for Houston.

3) Hiring Vance Joseph.

4) Letting Wade Phillips Walk.

5) Bringing Elway back after last season.

1. Manning was wasted, manning retired and it was his choice,

2. brock left because he was a butt hurt fool over playing Manning over him in the Superbowl

3. huge colossal mistake

4. wade wanted to be extended and made the highest paid DC in the game, Elway said choose one, wade walked...the rams with all that talent and cap dedicated to the defense under wade are currently the 24th ranked scoring defense

5. who knows

How to solve this problem... Elway needs to step down, if they wanna keep him as part of the Broncos organization, they can, he just needs to stop making decisions.

Iíll take you to the real reason why the Broncos are here.

2012:
    Pick 57 - Denver Broncos - Brock
    Pick 67 - Denver Broncos - Ronnie Hillman
    Pick 75 - Seattle Seahawks - Russell Wilson

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    They landed FAs because of Manning. I give Elway credit for landing Manning, but the windfall of FAs that occurred afterwards was due to Manning, not FO savvy.

I personally think drafting has been downright bad for the most part, so I guess Iíll just agree to disagree on that one.
    Absolutely agree on both points. People seem to forget that Manning was the reason the FA's came to Denver. They saw an opportunity to win a championship and took the plunge. Aside from persuading Manning to come here, the FO had no part in attracting the players.

Drafting has been pathetic IMO

Simple enough to me.....bad talent paired with bad coaching of said talent equals bad records.

Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post

2012:
    Thatís a good start.....

Quote Originally Posted by PunchDrunk View Post

2012:
    It is one of the reasons, but clearly there were a lot of teams that passed by Wilson as well. But holy cow, imagine how Broncos recent history changes if we had selected him!!!

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I was a huge fan of Manning when he was here, and was extremely happy when Elway acquired him. BUT, he was done when he was done, and it was a perfect ending for his career. But there was no way he should have returned after that. The problem in that case was the first warning signs for me, that Elway had a weak spot in terms of drafting QBs, and a definite lack of concern for something he should have known better than anyone....the importance of an Oline.
    I don't think Manning was done. I think they tried forcing Manning into an offense for which he was ill-suited but I think based on how he performed in the playoffs that this team could have benefited from him for one more season. He certainly was a better option than Mark Sanchez, Trevor Siemian, and Paxton Lynch.