Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: That fake punt.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    I didn’t have hopes up for playoffs but thought they could scratch out 7-8 wins playing solid defense. When you can’t compete bs KC without Mahomes for 3 quarters, imagine if he would have played. KC would have dropped 50+ points.
    Oh jeez yes, easily!!!!

He is not even an experienced Bronco. He doesn't even look like a football player. Why trust him with the iffiest call in the playbook? Desperation, that's why. We're out here rooting and being optimistic, but the team knows they are toast. It must show in practice.

It was funny listening to Sandy Clough last night

He goes that was maybe the worst designed fake punt I've ever seen below that Colts one.

And guess who designed that Colts one a few years ago......................... the same coach who designed the one you saw last night
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

I don't mind the call, what I do mind is that they put a guy in motion completely showing their hand. If you're going to do a fake punt, make sure nothing varies in formation from an actual punt.

Talk about the coaching losing a game. I can't believe I would say I miss VJ and Josh. Fangio is looking desperate and allowing his coaches to do the same. I can imagine the thought process on the fake punt and going for 2 pts for no reason. This might be a shootout even tho the Chiefs and Mahomes were reeling so let's light it up and get the team and crowd rocking! LOL. Again it looks like everyone at Dove Valley starting with our delusional front office thinking JF is the future and primed for the best football of his career - LOL LOL.
    Bronco Bob

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I don't mind the call, what I do mind is that they put a guy in motion completely showing their hand. If you're going to do a fake punt, make sure nothing varies in formation from an actual punt.
    I thought they telegraphed it way before that. Trey Marshall kept looking from sideline to sideline trying to figure out which way he’d thought would be better to go before calling in the motion.

It was almost as if the STC didn’t want to be outdone for dumbest decision on the night. Scangerello’s 2 point conversion call was pretty ridiculous too. I understand what he wanted to get but we just had a 1 hard TD from Freeman, give him another crack at it without the jet sweep action.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I thought they telegraphed it way before that. Trey Marshall kept looking from sideline to sideline trying to figure out which way he’d thought would be better to go before calling in the motion.

It was almost as if the STC didn’t want to be outdone for dumbest decision on the night. Scangerello’s 2 point conversion call was pretty ridiculous too. I understand what he wanted to get but we just had a 1 hard TD from Freeman, give him another crack at it without the jet sweep action.
    I disagree on the 2 point conversion. Freeman is bigger in size but Lindsay is a way better goal line back and has a nose for the endzone.

It's a moot point because 30-8 doesn't look any better than 30-6 hahaha. Depressing times around here.

Just read that special teams coordinator Tom McMahon, who drew up the fake punt, also was the one responsible for the dumb fake punt play the Colts did against New England in 2015.

Seriously!? How did he get a job here, let alone anywhere, after that?

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I disagree on the 2 point conversion. Freeman is bigger in size but Lindsay is a way better goal line back and has a nose for the endzone.

It's a moot point because 30-8 doesn't look any better than 30-6 hahaha. Depressing times around here.
    I understand the thought process but Lindsay needs some space that he didn’t get there. They tried to create that space with the jet sweep to Sanders but I don’t think we’ve given it to him once all regular season and no one bit. I think running that same play with Spencer would’ve been successful since he’s been the gadget guy.

The last time I ever felt that disappointed was when Seattle got a safety at the beginning of SuperBowl XLVIII. My heart sunk as I had a few choice words for the call that I will never understand. If it was much later in the game that they tried that, it may have made a little more sense to me but not when Broncos chose to run that play. Poor punter looked insanely confused... knew the second he didn't punt that it wasn't going to end well.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris