• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • False Start
    Playmaker
    • Mar 2009

That fake punt.

It is said that if you have no plan B, then you have no plan.

Why in the heck there wasn't a receiver behind the two defenders that ruined the fake is beyond me.
    I know someone may have not gotten the memo, gotten held or God forbid it was by design but I switched over to ESPN and the college game where the execution might be better and less of an emotional attachment so i could just have a nice night. :thumb:
  • Fantaztic7
    Banned User
    • Dec 2015

Terrible decision by Fangio and poorly executed. The Broncos were only down one score. Should have pinned them deep and played defense. It’s one thing when you have a few yards to gain, but that was a bad call. It gave KC even more momentum. It was his second bad decision following the failed 2 pt attempt.

Fangio has proven himself inept thus far.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
      Football Immortal
      • Oct 2010

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
      Terrible decision by Fangio and poorly executed. The Broncos were only down one score. Should have pinned them deep and played defense. It’s one thing when you have a few yards to gain, but that was a bad call. It gave KC even more momentum. It was his second bad decision following the failed 2 pt attempt.

I completely agree, I thought we would pin them deep and play defense.
      Coach Fangio turned into Vance Joseph last night.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
        Hall of Famer
        • Apr 2009

Just when we thought this coaching staff might be making progress, boom fake punt! Haha!!

Comment

• East Coast Fan
          All-Pro
          • Feb 2006

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post

Absolutely agree 100%. No reason to try to pull that off at that stage of the game, they probably thought they would catch them off guard but it didn't work, not even close! And not to put it on the poor punter but once he saw that it was doomed he had time to punt it, but he was probably so confused he didn't know what to do.

This is really, really tough to stomach, I had my hopes up a bit after the two wins and then the opening drive and for a brief moment I foolishly thought "maybe they can climb back into the race", and then the wheels fell off....and then the car fell off a cliff. :brick:

Comment

• DENVERSB50CHAMP
            Football Immortal
            • Mar 2017

Originally posted by East Coast Fan View Post
            Absolutely agree 100%. No reason to try to pull that off at that stage of the game, they probably thought they would catch them off guard but it didn't work, not even close! And not to put it on the poor punter but once he saw that it was doomed he had time to punt it, but he was probably so confused he didn't know what to do.

This is really, really tough to stomach, I had my hopes up a bit after the two wins and then the opening drive and for a brief moment I foolishly thought "maybe they can climb back into the race", and then the wheels fell off....and then the car fell off a cliff. :brick:

I said the same thing the The Dam Finally Broke !

Comment

• RocketArm006
              Totally Worth It
              • May 2008

Bad play call. Bad timing, bad execution. Pretty much exposed this team as a laughingstock on national television.

Comment

• East Coast Fan
                All-Pro
                • Feb 2006

Originally posted by RocketArm006 View Post
                Bad play call. Bad timing, bad execution. Pretty much exposed this team as a laughingstock on national television.
                I sadly thought the same thing, how far this team has fallen....at times I can't believe that it is really happening, they had a glimmer of hope the last two games and then to not only get beat but the way they got beat, really hard to stomach.

Comment

• RocketArm006
                  Totally Worth It
                  • May 2008

I sadly thought the same thing, how far this team has fallen....at times I can't believe that it is really happening, they had a glimmer of hope the last two games and then to not only get beat but the way they got beat, really hard to stomach.
                  There were several times in that game where I swear I could hear the Benny Hill theme song playing while they were looking completely inept. Hard to stomach is a perfect way to put it.

Comment

• East Coast Fan
                    All-Pro
                    • Feb 2006

There were several times in that game where I swear I could hear the Benny Hill theme song playing while they were looking completely inept. Hard to stomach is a perfect way to put it.
                    I also am saddened by what Troy Aikman described as "a lack of emotion" from the offense and he's correct, some of them just seem like they are going through the motions and starting to get used to and accept losing, and that reminds me of the Gordon Lightfoot song "If you could read my mind" the part where he sings "I don't know where we went wrong but the feelings gone and I just can't get it back".....

I wonder if any of the players are upset about it in the locker room, or any of the coaches, or anyone besides the fans??

Comment

• coffee
                      Practice Squad
                      • May 2008

This is literally my conversation with my 10 year old son when they were lining up for a punt...

Son: Dad, it would be really stupid to do a fake punt right here, wouldn't it.

Me: Yeah buddy, that wouldn't be very smart.

Son: Dad, what are they doing?

Son: Dad, I think we just lost.

Comment

• RocketArm006
                        Totally Worth It
                        • May 2008

I also am saddened by what Troy Aikman described as "a lack of emotion" from the offense and he's correct, some of them just seem like they are going through the motions and starting to get used to and accept losing, and that reminds me of the Gordon Lightfoot song "If you could read my mind" the part where he sings "I don't know where we went wrong but the feelings gone and I just can't get it back".....

I wonder if any of the players are upset about it in the locker room, or any of the coaches, or anyone besides the fans??
                        I’m pretty confident that the team is upset in general. Flacco probably doesn’t care much and Bolles is in excuse/victim mode, but I’m pretty sure the team as a whole is just as frustrated as the fan base - if not more.

Comment

• East Coast Fan
                          All-Pro
                          • Feb 2006

I’m pretty confident that the team is upset in general. Flacco probably doesn’t care much and Bolles is in excuse/victim mode, but I’m pretty sure the team as a whole is just as frustrated as the fan base - if not more.
                          I sure hope they are upset, it's hard to tell from the games but I hope behind closed doors SOMEONE is wanting to try to change the mindset and the "atmosphere".

Comment

• RocketArm006
                            Totally Worth It
                            • May 2008

I sure hope they are upset, it's hard to tell from the games but I hope behind closed doors SOMEONE is wanting to try to change the mindset and the "atmosphere".
                            I’m pretty sure Taz is probably chirping. Dude wears his heart on his sleeve.

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2015

I didn’t have hopes up for playoffs but thought they could scratch out 7-8 wins playing solid defense. When you can’t compete bs KC without Mahomes for 3 quarters, imagine if he would have played. KC would have dropped 50+ points.

Comment

Working...
                              X