Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    We're the exact opposite of the 2011 team. Or rather we're like the 2011 team that started 1-4. But I don't think anyone can look at this team and that 2011 team and say we're less talented than that team.

Denver was getting crushed in 2010. We were getting crushed in the first quarter of the 2011 season. All it took to turn that season around was switching to a QB that may have had the most heart in NFL history. The coaches made a QB switch and all of a sudden we we're playing teams close. And winning those close games. And the guy we had under center was actually a leader. He was a guy that was gonna fight.

A lot of people said Tebow couldn't play QB in the NFL. But I witnessed that young man lead a very poor roster from a 1-4 start straight into the playoffs. So what makes a difference for a team? Heart. Belief. Will to win. This current Broncos team doesn't have someone they can rally behind.

Our defense is certainly giving it their all. But until we have a QB that goes out there and gives it their all and actually executes the plays called, even if he does it in the ugliest way possible as Tebow did, we're gonna keep losing. We need to find a QB that not only can play the position, but wants to win and actually wants to rally the team around him.

2011 we were winning the close ones. This year we're losing the close ones. We have enough talent to be competitive. We've seen that. Simple fact is, this team needs a heart and they need it fast. We need someone under center that will say, "let's go win this," instead of an over-the-hill vet that would rather blame the coaches for his own failure than actually lead.
    I'm totally with you. Let's get some young blood out there - even if he "isn't ready".

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I'm totally with you. Let's get some young blood out there - even if he "isn't ready".
    That's why I don't understand Elway wanting to stick with Flacco. He witnessed first hand what happens when you bench a QB that isn't taking your team anywhere but down. He saw Orton losing 4 of 5 games. He saw Tebow take over the team and lead them to the playoffs. So why is he being so stubborn with Lock? He should be the first in line to see Flacco benched. Yet he seems to have no intention of taking Lock off IR. Makes me wonder who has final say on who is starting on Sundays. Maybe he does want to see Flacco benched, but is letting Fangio have final say on who starts.

That's why I don't understand Elway wanting to stick with Flacco. He witnessed first hand what happens when you bench a QB that isn't taking your team anywhere but down. He saw Orton losing 4 of 5 games. He saw Tebow take over the team and lead them to the playoffs. So why is he being so stubborn with Lock? He should be the first in line to see Flacco benched. Yet he seems to have no intention of taking Lock off IR. Makes me wonder who has final say on who is starting on Sundays. Maybe he does want to see Flacco benched, but is letting Fangio have final say on who starts.
    None of us are in the building, so no one can say for sure if itís the coach sticking with Flacco in spite of Elway.

That said, judging by how the QB position has been handled under Elway, itís always been a bridge QB/developmental QB situation. They have always been reluctant to showcase the high draft QB.

As far as the Tebow situation, I personally donít think Elway enjoyed that much lol. Every time they put a camera on the luxury box, the man looked like he was chewing on glass. I think he put in Tebow with the hopes of tanking and it blew up in his face. Thatís just my own speculation, though.

Still, the developmental QB has never been handled well and itís been consistent, so I think Elwayís hand is in it for the most part. Just my opinion, of course.

None of us are in the building, so no one can say for sure if itís the coach sticking with Flacco in spite of Elway.

That said, judging by how the QB position has been handled under Elway, itís always been a bridge QB/developmental QB situation. They have always been reluctant to showcase the high draft QB.

As far as the Tebow situation, I personally donít think Elway enjoyed that much lol. Every time they put a camera on the luxury box, the man looked like he was chewing on glass. I think he put in Tebow with the hopes of tanking and it blew up in his face. Thatís just my own speculation, though.

Still, the developmental QB has never been handled well and itís been consistent, so I think Elwayís hand is in it for the most part. Just my opinion, of course.
    I believe Elway wants to win. He may have expected a tank when Tebow started, but I think he was much more glad to see the Broncos win than seeing them lose. He looked pretty excited after we upset the Steelers in the playoffs.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the switch in 2011 was lrobably a lot easier for Elway since neither guy was his guy. Both Orton and Tebow were McDaniels guys. Elway wasn't invested in either of them so he didn't much care about their development. We cut Orton shortly after benching him and we traded Tebow immediately after he got us to the playoffs.

Which is amusing when you consider Elway is treating the QB position the same way McDaniels did. Getting a vet, drafting a project, then stubbornly refusing to play the project even when the vet goes down in flames. Our mishandling of the QB position goes back quite a ways.

But at least I got to see us make the playoffs with Tebow. That was fun.

I believe Elway wants to win. He may have expected a tank when Tebow started, but I think he was much more glad to see the Broncos win than seeing them lose. He looked pretty excited after we upset the Steelers in the playoffs.

Now that I'm thinking about it, the switch in 2011 was lrobably a lot easier for Elway since neither guy was his guy. Both Orton and Tebow were McDaniels guys. Elway wasn't invested in either of them so he didn't much care about their development. We cut Orton shortly after benching him and we traded Tebow immediately after he got us to the playoffs.

Which is amusing when you consider Elway is treating the QB position the same way McDaniels did. Getting a vet, drafting a project, then stubbornly refusing to play the project even when the vet goes down in flames. Our mishandling of the QB position goes back quite a ways.

But at least I got to see us make the playoffs with Tebow. That was fun.

I am sorry to say however JE hated Tim Tebow. I actually think he was Jealous of Tebow Mania taking over as it was. JE really never wanted to start Tebow that is why he refused to play him the year before it was not before Denver was 0-4 before he finally decided to Switch QB's and the Rest is History.

We're the exact opposite of the 2011 team. Or rather we're like the 2011 team that started 1-4. But I don't think anyone can look at this team and that 2011 team and say we're less talented than that team.

Denver was getting crushed in 2010. We were getting crushed in the first quarter of the 2011 season. All it took to turn that season around was switching to a QB that may have had the most heart in NFL history. The coaches made a QB switch and all of a sudden we we're playing teams close. And winning those close games. And the guy we had under center was actually a leader. He was a guy that was gonna fight.

A lot of people said Tebow couldn't play QB in the NFL. But I witnessed that young man lead a very poor roster from a 1-4 start straight into the playoffs. So what makes a difference for a team? Heart. Belief. Will to win. This current Broncos team doesn't have someone they can rally behind.

Our defense is certainly giving it their all. But until we have a QB that goes out there and gives it their all and actually executes the plays called, even if he does it in the ugliest way possible as Tebow did, we're gonna keep losing. We need to find a QB that not only can play the position, but wants to win and actually wants to rally the team around him.

2011 we were winning the close ones. This year we're losing the close ones. We have enough talent to be competitive. We've seen that. Simple fact is, this team needs a heart and they need it fast. We need someone under center that will say, "let's go win this," instead of an over-the-hill vet that would rather blame the coaches for his own failure than actually lead.
    There are some similarities. They traded off Brandon Lloyd at the trade deadline, who was starting the receiver at the time, this allowed them to move to Decker and DT. Bailey missed games which opened the door for CHJ, Von became a force.

It was more than just Tebow, that team needed a youth movement to turn things around, it was CHJ, Von, Decker, DT.

At 2-6, itís pure stupidity to keep starting Flacco. Nobody is expecting the same results as 2011, but they still need to move to the younger players.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    It would be hilarious if the coaches did bench him, especially after Flacco called out the OC.
    This aged well... sorta.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    This aged well... sorta.
    To be fair, Joe earned it.

This move provides Hope ! Today is a Great Day !!

What do yíall predict now?
    We finally put up 20, 30 pts?
    I donít know much about Allen, i remember him throwing a nice deep ball, that Sua Cravens was late on. Other than that Iím hoping Scangerello opens up the playbook. Browns wonít have much film to prep for him.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I donít know much about Allen, i remember him throwing a nice deep ball, that Sua Cravens was late on. Other than that Iím hoping Scangerello opens up the playbook. Browns wonít have much film to prep for him.
    It's hard to have expectations with a complete unknown. Maybe that gives us an upper edge?? It won't be easy for Allen or Lock coming in but I do expect more plays called on the move. More bootlegs and maybe even some RPO type calls ( although I don't like that offense )

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    A porous Oline is a detriment, to any QB. But every week, almost every game, I see QBs running out of danger and making big plays. Rodgers, who is no longer that quick, not only got out of trouble, but made an amazing TD pass last night. I know, Flacco is not that guy, but you know what....

FLACCO IS NOT THAT GUY
    Spot on. I seem to remember another amazing escape from a safety sack for a big play. I know most wonít give Brissett fair credit, but the dude escaped and made a great play. Flacco is not that guy.
    Lest we forget....Watson making an amazing TD after being kicked in or near to his eye. Like Rodgers, he too was falling as he made the pass. Incredible skill and guts on Watson's part!

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    It's hard to have expectations with a complete unknown. Maybe that gives us an upper edge?? It won't be easy for Allen or Lock coming in but I do expect more plays called on the move. More bootlegs and maybe even some RPO type calls ( although I don't like that offense )
    I hope your right, i watched his highlights he looks good on the move and throws a nice deep ball. Iím rooting for the kid, and hoping his first start is a win.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Browns allow an average over 25 points per game, so maybe. Probably not, though. I would guess 16 points or less.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Browns allow an average over 25 points per game, so maybe. Probably not, though. I would guess 16 points or less.
    This is a game we lose. Allen or Flacco we still aren't winning. Unless Allen is a secret super stud QB, we know the outcome.