Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    What about making a run at Gardner Minshew next season if Lock doesn't work out. Jags are probably gonna stick with Foles cause of the money. Minshew Mania?

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    You all are looking at the effects and not the cause. Flacco has a poor O-line, a very poor o-line. No QB would be comfortable behind what we have. It's like what Manning had to deal with.

Also, a lot of these releases of emotion by everyone are standard for a losing record. We have a new offense, new coaches, new QB, everything is new. Nothing can ever get settled, no system can ever play out because YOU the FANS have no PATIENCE and this makes management uncomfortable and feel the need to change constantly.
    Yes the offensive line is in shambles and Flacco makes them look even worse but Flacco isn’t the solution. There’s two trains of thoughts, you bench Flacco for Lock and swallow having an expensive backup while Lock develops with actual game time or you keep Flacco out there and try once again to improve this oline in the offseason and then see what Lock has.

Either way Flacco isn’t our long term answer and there were cheaper bridge QBs out there. We could’ve got Fitzpatrick or Bridgewater for a fraction of the price, we could’ve traded for Rosen while still drafting Lock. I think Kyle Lauletta was available too. Bringing Flacco has proven so far to be counterproductive. He needs everything to go perfectly to be an effective QB and that doesn’t happen in the NFL with any team let alone a team that needs this much help on the line and another season or two of development from our young skill position players.

Quote Originally Posted by kev5ifty6 View Post
    What about making a run at Gardner Minshew next season if Lock doesn't work out. Jags are probably gonna stick with Foles cause of the money. Minshew Mania?
    They’ll hold onto much like San Fran did with Nick Mullens and Indy did with Brisset. If we’re intent on keeping Lock in the bench and playing the long game while also getting rid of Flacco and killing our dead cap situation our options will consist of Bridgewater, Mariota, Eli? and maybe Winston along with the usual cast of backup caliber QBs that jump from team to team.

Flacco has always looked like he got into mom's 'ludes even when he was "great". Now that he's not it's annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Don't forget Risner. He's going to be an All Pro Guard for a decade for this team.
    Risner won't stay that long. He'll be gone after his rookie contract expires. This team will not be good for many years to come....

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I'd move on from Flacco asap. Basically give the fans hope that a new day is coming. Save some cash if you can, make a statement that Lock will start when he is ready, UNLESS the replacement is doing really well, and give us a path to walk that makes us all feel hope. Flacco was a mistake. But Elway can save some grace by getting proactive.

I had pointed out that yesterday was a huge game, with a victory, because we would have vaulted into playoff contention, at least on paper. There was some momentum, and KC was hobbling....and even worse for them, only had Mahomes for 20 minutes!

But a one sided mess like that brings out all weaknesses, and amplifies.

When I look at the schedule now, I have quickly slid to the other side of the spectrum....higher draft pick. Because odds are, based on that performance, we're a 6 and 10 team, from quick assessment. And if things go bad, we could be drafting very high.

So go with new faces in the leadership position. Move on. Give us reasonable hope! But that also includes fixing the Oline, even though that's been a central theme for years. Do anything!
    I think you are being generous. 2 wins might be their ceiling this year

It is said Joe Flacco is still standing motionless in the pocket.
    Manning to Thomas ev'ry day, all day.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    Risner won't stay that long. He'll be gone after his rookie contract expires. This team will not be good for many years to come....
    This post doesn't deserve a reply and I'm sure you know that.

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    I doubt it. If anyone, I think he would be the least likely to do so. I think he'll stick around most if not all of his career if we want him.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I doubt it. If anyone, I think he would be the least likely to do so. I think he'll stick around most if not all of his career if we want him.
    Seriously. It's his dream to be a Broncos and he seems like one of the few players who give a damn.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    Why not just bench Joe Flacco I am sure that Denver cannot do any worse than Last Nights Performance so what do you really have to lose by not benching Joe Flacco?
    If they had anybody behind Flacco maybe they would. They dumped every QB they had in TC and added a nobody.

Quote Originally Posted by Acedude View Post
    If they had anybody behind Flacco maybe they would. They dumped every QB they had in TC and added a nobody.
    Not only that, they specifically didn't take Lock in the first round so Flacco wouldn't be worried about what happened to him in Baltimore, put him on IR (he likely could've come back much sooner), then restructured his deal so we'd have dead money for 3 years if we let him go. It's freaking ridiculous. And Elway gave in on all of it. I don't know if any decision he's made has ever made him look more foolish. Wouldn't surprise me if they keep Lock on IR just to appease him further.

I've backed Elway till this year, but the Flacco mess is embarrassing. He had no reason to restructure him. We haven't even used the money.

Quote Originally Posted by False Start View Post
    Flacco has always looked like he got into mom's 'ludes even when he was "great". Now that he's not it's annoying.
    That's exactly what it looks like. He's trending towards molasses slow for years. How could anyone expect this to work? I would like to see him play behind Conner McGovern for the rest of the year just as punishment for signing on to a parachute year.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    You all are looking at the effects and not the cause. Flacco has a poor O-line, a very poor o-line. No QB would be comfortable behind what we have. It's like what Manning had to deal with.

Also, a lot of these releases of emotion by everyone are standard for a losing record. We have a new offense, new coaches, new QB, everything is new. Nothing can ever get settled, no system can ever play out because YOU the FANS have no PATIENCE and this makes management uncomfortable and feel the need to change constantly.
    come on man...I gave flacco plenty of benefit, backed him because in my yeyes he wasn't the reason we had been losing

last night was different completely...flacco looked lost...weak...unemotional...scared, its like he didn't care if they looked like a blitz he just dropped back again and aagain

you could see it in his eyes...he doesn't have the heart to play this game, he done

I remember Flacco loyalists saying things like, “Come talk to me after the Raiders game. You’ll see.” Or, Joe is cool. He’s a leader.”

No, Joe is not a leader. He mailed it in last night. I don’t care if the line was bad. He did nothing to get them to button down. He flailed and fumbled. He had some open receivers and just sent the ball into the sidelines.

Flacco is done. He needs to be gone post haste.