Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post

LoL Classic

Quote Originally Posted by maaskesr View Post
    Not only that, they specifically didn't take Lock in the first round so Flacco wouldn't be worried about what happened to him in Baltimore, put him on IR (he likely could've come back much sooner), then restructured his deal so we'd have dead money for 3 years if we let him go. It's freaking ridiculous. And Elway gave in on all of it. I don't know if any decision he's made has ever made him look more foolish. Wouldn't surprise me if they keep Lock on IR just to appease him further.

I've backed Elway till this year, but the Flacco mess is embarrassing. He had no reason to restructure him. We haven't even used the money.
    Spot on man, you nailed the situation right there.

Joe has never shown much emotion.

Not gonna defend him for holding the ball for months and then showing zero escapability. For immobile QBís why canít we have dump offs to the RB? Why must all routes be 1st and eleventy five but when we need third and two or three, receivers come back to catch it short!

All Iím saying is: as inexcusable as Joes abysmal performance is.. OC is not helping him one iota.. Brady canít move either but he has a dump off in place in less than two seconds. Where are our open guys?
    Last edited by River Side; 10-18-2019 at 10:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by River Side View Post

Not gonna defend him for holding the ball for months and then showing zero escapability. For immobile QBís why canít we have dump offs to the RB? Why must all routes be 1st and eleventy five but when we need third and two or three, receivers come back to catch it short!

All Iím saying is: as inexcusable as Joes abysmal performance is.. OC is not helping him one iota.. Brady canít move either but he has a dump off in place in less than two seconds. Where are our open guys?
    Watch the game again. There were open guys everywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Watch the game again. There were open guys everywhere.
    Yea even I canít defend Flacco this past week. I do think he played better in majority of the games people gave him crap for but this past game ca the Chiefs was more than enough alone to have him benched and see what Lock has when he can return.

Quote Originally Posted by XterraRob View Post
    You all are looking at the effects and not the cause. Flacco has a poor O-line, a very poor o-line. No QB would be comfortable behind what we have. It's like what Manning had to deal with.

Also, a lot of these releases of emotion by everyone are standard for a losing record. We have a new offense, new coaches, new QB, everything is new. Nothing can ever get settled, no system can ever play out because YOU the FANS have no PATIENCE and this makes management uncomfortable and feel the need to change constantly.
    LOL. I give you one play as a perfect example of flacco's heart and decision making ability: we have TWO yards to convert for a 1st down. Joe has a CLEAR path to make a couple of strides to get the down. Instead, he looks like a rabbit on the interstate highway, panics... and throws a horrible dunk pass at the receiver's feet. PFM would have been able to run for that first! Joe is NOT the answer to anyone's problem, anywhere. It completely baffles me how anyone could have faith in someone who lost his heart years ago (I think he may have had one during his Superbowl era... an eternity ago). We inexplicably overpaid for a completely washed-up QB. It defied logic and the second I heard the news... I was like "we got WHO???" I know NOTHING about being a GM. But I knew that flacco wasn't an answer to anyone's question.
    Last edited by Red_Label; 10-19-2019 at 08:54 AM.

Watch the hospital play to Lindsey when Lindsey gets mad

He had Hamilton open by at least four yards on the left hash and didnít look

If we need to make changes letís do it now. Iíd trade for Marcus Marriota cause heís gonna be cheap. Maybe a 4th rounder

Every single time I see Flacco I throw up a bit

Quote Originally Posted by $Broncos$ View Post
    If we need to make changes letís do it now. Iíd trade for Marcus Marriota cause heís gonna be cheap. Maybe a 4th rounder
    What does Mariota have to offer that can help this team move forward? At this point, I think it's more productive for the offense to give Allen or Rypien a shot until Lock comes back. Find out if one of these unproven guys can lead an NFL offense. I don't think we should waste more games on yet another retread. Nor should we waste resources. A 4th rounder could be important for next year and beyond. Mariota wouldn't.

Quote Originally Posted by River Side View Post

Whenever our RBs go out for a pass he immediately throws it to them instead of trying to find someone else coming open. Brady slides around in the pocket if he has to and has a lot of agile short area quickness route runners that run a bevy of option routes and he doesnít predetermine who heís throwing to before the snap. Flacco knows who he wants to throw to before he touches the ball and clings to them until he just canít anymore. He takes entirely too long to get through his reads, has no pocket awareness or any ability to manipulate the pocket to buy time, and heís a statue that canít move.

Scangerello hasnít been great but heís been improving, needs to get rid of the random bonehead play calls but heís been getting better. The execution by the offense has been extremely poor with a random drive or two per game where they look like they could be something.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    What does Mariota have to offer that can help this team move forward? At this point, I think it's more productive for the offense to give Allen or Rypien a shot until Lock comes back. Find out if one of these unproven guys can lead an NFL offense. I don't think we should waste more games on yet another retread. Nor should we waste resources. A 4th rounder could be important for next year and beyond. Mariota wouldn't.
    If weíre that desperate to make the playoffs we could just go all in on a read option offense like Baltimore last season and run Mariota into the dirt.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If weíre that desperate to make the playoffs we could just go all in on a read option offense like Baltimore last season and run Mariota into the dirt.
    Best case scenario is we still miss the playoffs, have lost a 4th rounder, and somehow managed 7-8 wins moving us down in the draft.

If we're gonna try to win, I'd like to see it come from our QBs that can actually develop. Not some guy that has already reached his potential.

Flacco was in clear bench territory on Thursday. Had Lock been healthy, I think Flacco would have been benched. We are on the mini bye this week, but I don't think we will see Lock just yet. We get the colts, then Cleveland, and then the bye. I think Lock makes his debut against Minnesota. He gets a couple weeks to get into it(and the bye week to prep), James gets time to adjust back to RT, and Fangio gets a familiar opponent. I also expect Bolles to be benched that week as well.