Offense takes time

Watching Kyle the last few years. It takes 2 years for the offense to learn. Gotta Have patience.

No, we don't. What we gotta have is offensive line. Has Munchak had anything to say

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Watching Kyle the last few years. It takes 2 years for the offense to learn. Gotta Have patience.
    Kyle Shanahan?

The Chiefs gave up tons of rushing yards the last two games so everyone including them expected the 1-2 punch of Lindsay and Freeman, but it wasn't working, so since they were looking to defend the run you would think the passing game would be an option but that wasn't there either. And to give up that many sacks, wow....it's a mess, but this team has been having problems scoring so far this season, but outside of that opening drive they had nothing and even that drive was helped by two KC penalties otherwise they would've been shutout!

I know Flacco is immobile back there, as bad if not worse than Craig Morton was, but he has to get rid of the ball sooner, and the OC has to realize that and call plays where he has a quick checkdown to a back even if it will only gain a few yards, anything is better than a sack!

I don't think this offense will get much better, and I don't even know what to say they should try to fix it, this is really a mess.....

Atl struggled for a year... then they turned it on

We have the same offense despite several changes..

Some encouraging rushes, punctuated by a freak long throw and spectacular catch. Then everything mysteriously comes to a screeching halt as soon as we sniff the red zone. Add some heartbreaking drops, OL penalties, setup 40+ yard field goal .. Miss it... Rinse and Repeat.

Well we certainly didn't disguise our game plan. It was painfully obvious when we was going to run and KC simply stacked the box. This is just bad coaching.

Atl struggled for a year... then they turned it on
    That's not tru. They struggled bc matt ryan didnt buy in at first until the next season he gave up and really bought in and dedicated himself. The difference that is matt ryan and we have flacco big difference. And Kyle had years of experience and knew his offense in and out. Our o.c. does have the same.

Quote Originally Posted by East Coast Fan View Post
    The Chiefs gave up tons of rushing yards the last two games so everyone including them expected the 1-2 punch of Lindsay and Freeman, but it wasn't working, so since they were looking to defend the run you would think the passing game would be an option but that wasn't there either. And to give up that many sacks, wow....it's a mess, but this team has been having problems scoring so far this season, but outside of that opening drive they had nothing and even that drive was helped by two KC penalties otherwise they would've been shutout!

I know Flacco is immobile back there, as bad if not worse than Craig Morton was, but he has to get rid of the ball sooner, and the OC has to realize that and call plays where he has a quick checkdown to a back even if it will only gain a few yards, anything is better than a sack!

I don't think this offense will get much better, and I don't even know what to say they should try to fix it, this is really a mess.....
    The sad part of the offense is that nothing was working, and that the long passing game might actually have been the best of the functions. When you hand of the ball to the RBs and 70-80% of the carries are a maximum of 2 yards and you have a hard time getting time to pass and then your TE drops balls for over 100 yards, while holding calls send you back and your QB gets taken down trying to make big plays....nothing is working!

Where are our Brandon Stockley/Wes Wekler type player, or the pass catching RB that makes huge gains with short quick passes that makes defenses pay for being overly aggressive.

It is unacceptable that a scoring drive takes at least 6-8 completed throws, and that we don't have any other big plays. Manning's bread and butter in 12-14 was quick short passes with huge YACs. We don't have the equivalent of a 2 yard screen to DT that is taken to the house. We don't have punishing runs like the Tebow/McGahee combo. The only thing we have is that Flacco throws nice passes fit for highlights but not enough to dominate any team.

I don't know what input Flacco has, but what Manning excelled at was that he would get the routes/protections etc adjusted but no one seems to do that.

Everything with this offense is plain bad and you are going to loose when you cannot pass, cannot block, cannot run and cannot catch and the side order is that special teams are blowing points and positions, and the defense is inconsistent from plain bad to someetimes having a great game.

I could understand that theory if we weren’t so entrenched in Shanny WC philosophy. Now I know there are specific nuances between Pappy - Kubes - Baby Shanny systems. But the language is strongly familiar. And minus this years rookies, everyone else should be at least 2 years into this overly complex worded system. And that includes Flacco.

But even removing that from the equation, the “system” isn’t the problem. Some of the pieces being asked to execute the system are. Namely the three main points of this system. The QB, TE, and LT. QB doesn’t want to be here. The TE has horrible hands, field vision, and the worst blocker in the team (yet we continually try to put him in-line no matter how many times it fails). And an LT who can’t stop hurting us with his poor technique and love to give warm hugs like Olaf.