Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The 2 Pointer

The 2 Pointer

I've started a thread previously on feedback re: a 2 point attempt. What about last night's early attempt, that failed?

My opinion is, you don't go 2 pointer early. Sure, 8 nothing sounds great, and might be some source of energy for the guys...though they are supposed to be pros for a reason.

But if you miss, you might have lost a critical point by game's end. It might even cause you to change your plan of attack at a certain point in the game, given scoring requirements.

Why bother?

I liked the confidence to go for two on the one,
    but not the play call.

Where's the off-tackle or trap behind Jano?

I believe the statistics would say go for 2. You are at the 1 not the 2 your odds increase quite a bit. Also it was first drive and their D was supposed to be bad and our run game good. I like the decision i hated the play call. play action to the fb or TE would have been my call

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet

I like the play call. To beat Mahomes you have to score points.

Just another bad decision by an inexperienced head coach. You donít take a point off the board that early in the game. If youíre going to make that call then donít run Lindsay in the throat of the defense. Terrible decision and poor execution. They gave KC a bit of momentum there. Bad call by Fangio. It was very VJ-esque.

Chasing points is not a wise move. Yes, you need to score a lot to beat KC (Even with Matt Freaking Moore). But when Vic kind of threw the OC under the bus by saying that won't happen again unless it's the 4th quarter, you know it wasn't a popular decision on the sidelines

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I like the play call. To beat Mahomes you have to score points.
    True, but then they let KC score 30 unanswered points......

The Ravens played the chiefs like this too. As if, oh my goodness, we just can't compete with these big red meanies so we'll go on 4th down and when we do score we'll go for.... doh!

And they got lambasted for it too.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Just another bad decision by an inexperienced head coach. You don’t take a point off the board that early in the game. If you’re going to make that call then don’t run Lindsay in the throat of the defense. Terrible decision and poor execution. They gave KC a bit of momentum there. Bad call by Fangio. It was very VJ-esque.
    I get what you're saying, but Denver wasn't even the least bit competitive in this game. They only scored 6 points in the entire game. Even if they kicked the extra point, the final score is 30-7 instead of 30-6

They got the penalty that moved the ball to the 1 yard line. I see the logic in going for it. The play call, however, was pretty lame; Taz up the gut against a stacked line. I agree that it was too early to chase points, but the opportunity was presented due to the penalty. Still, it's all moot anyway since they failed to score for the rest of the game.

Never take points off the board!!!

Wound up embarrassing our offense and motivating their defense.

I don't even want to think about the fake punt....

Sometimes there just isn't enough Tequila!
    [

Quote Originally Posted by darryn16 View Post
    I get what you're saying, but Denver wasn't even the least bit competitive in this game. They only scored 6 points in the entire game. Even if they kicked the extra point, the final score is 30-7 instead of 30-6
    Small things can have more impact than we see on the scoreboard. KC gained a small piece of momentum from the stop. They had the last word on the drive and it gave them confidence they could win the line of scrimmage. The faked punt was another mistake that swung even more momentum their way. I think the biggest factor was rallying around Mahomes to make a statement.

Quote Originally Posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
    Never take points off the board!!!

Wound up embarrassing our offense and motivating their defense.

I don't even want to think about the fake punt....

Sometimes there just isn't enough Tequila!
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Small things can have more impact than we see on the scoreboard. KC gained a small piece of momentum from the stop. They had the last word on the drive and it gave them confidence they could win the line of scrimmage. The faked punt was another mistake that swung even more momentum their way. I think the biggest factor was rallying around Mahomes to make a statement.
    Agreed! Why give the other team momentum, when you have the opportunity to add a point? We're talking first drive?!!

Might have worked if they would use Jano and Royce. Why we insist on slamming Lindsay on the go line when Royce has more power is baffling

So I guess itís safe to say it wasnít a good decision to go for it AND it was a bad play call. The whole game was riddled with poor coaching.