View Poll Results: What "Role" Would You Fix First???

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

20 35.71%
  • Coach

1 1.79%
  • QB

6 10.71%
  • Oline

29 51.79%
  • Interior D

0 0%
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Coach staff. The current one sucks.
    New coaching staffs are a lot like rookies, you have to give them more than one season to see if they can improve. Scang, imo, will get better with a more mobile QB. Fangio will be better if his offense can score points. I am actually really happy with Munchak and Donetell and our special teams aside from stupid fake attempts have been good

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

I would want Elway to hire a GM because that’s probably the only way they’ll actually fix the o-line and get a legitimate young franchise quarterback.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    This proves my point even more we had a hot qb and he broke the single season TD record behind that same line.
    The TD record meant nothing vs Seattle in SB48. While I agree you don’t wait for the “perfect” line, there are some obvious positions to address like Bolles.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The TD record meant nothing vs Seattle in SB48. While I agree you don’t wait for the “perfect” line, there are some obvious positions to address like Bolles.
    Who said anything about a perfect line? What about just a line. While I’m not a fan of Lock he will not be given a far shot because he is going to get crushed behind what we have now. I think the same goes for just about anyone we get unless we somehow draft the next mahomes or Wilson....doubtful.

Immediate changes;

Trade Sanders to Green Bay (they desperately need WR help, maybe get a 3rd or 4th)

Trade Chris Harris for a 2nd or 3rd

Put Von on the block and if anyone offers a 1st and then some take it.

Wolfe has no trade value.

Bench Flacco for Brandon Allen the next 2 weeks and allow Lock to get acclimated and ready to start coming out of the bye.

Once Lock is off IR and proven healthy simply cut Flacco.

Bench Bolles for literally anyone!

Take your lumps the rest of the way.

Offseason;

John takes a backseat as GM and hires Ed Dodds away from Indy.

Extend Simmons

In the draft and FA find a new LT, DE, ILB, and CB

So with you theory about VJ then that means vic should be fired after his first year too then right. Why give him another year.
    Not necessarily. The Browns are in their third coach in less than two years and that’s not working out. I’ll judge Fangio partly on the decisions he makes vs time in the job. For example his decision to scratch Gotsis, followed by adjusting Harris and playing Purcell. Or keeping Johnson at ILB as the starter over Jewell. VJ nearly ran Walker out of the league now look at how he’s playing with Fangio.

Quote Originally Posted by Saddletramp View Post
    Coach staff. The current one sucks.
    They’ve made some bad decisions however they’ve also done some good things. Walker was nearly out of the league with the way the previous coaching staff handled his development. Benching Gotsis and and adjusting he line with Harris and Purcell was another positive move. Keeping Johnson as the starter over Jewell was a positive - it demonstrated Fangio isn’t worried about playing a draft pick to prove the FO right. Fangio has made bad decisions like the idiotic fake punt last Thursday night.

Quote Originally Posted by Murph2432 View Post
    Who said anything about a perfect line? What about just a line. While I’m not a fan of Lock he will not be given a far shot because he is going to get crushed behind what we have now. I think the same goes for just about anyone we get unless we somehow draft the next mahomes or Wilson....doubtful.
    Quotations around perfect for a reason. The point I tried to make is there isn’t a way to know when the line reaches a level good enough to start a young quarterback. The Jets didn’t wait to build the line around Sam Darnold. The Jets could have said, “We can’t start Sam behind our bad line because we have to protect him for 2-3 seasons until we know with certainty the line is ready”. Life isn’t fair and neither is the NFL. If Lock has what it takes he’ll flash the talent necessary to work with. That doesn’t mean he has to win most of the games over the back half of the season.

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Give Munchak the first four picks to draft and mold his o-line.
    Our next QB will be thankful.

OL needs: OC, RG, LT, OG/OC

Or else it's
    Bolles
    Risner
    Vacant
    Leary
    James

next year.
    I think we need to look at things from the top down.

IMO - Elway screwed up again. He restructured Flacco's contract when it didn't need to be done. In addition Flacco is maki g mistakes that I'd expect Lock to make not a SB winning vet QB. For me I think we need to trade Hamilton, Sanders and Wolfe for what we can. Then I'd trade Bolles for anything we can get or package him with a pick and grab the Washington LT.

Then we do need to set a high price for Von. Two 1sts? A 1st and a 2nd? And dont trade him for less.

CHJ should be treated the same way. You either get a 2nd or 1st or keep him. Period.

I do think that our team must make a decision NOW on Elway. If he needs to go then he cannot be the guy to rebuild.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Immediate changes;

Trade Sanders to Green Bay (they desperately need WR help, maybe get a 3rd or 4th)

Trade Chris Harris for a 2nd or 3rd

Put Von on the block and if anyone offers a 1st and then some take it.

Wolfe has no trade value.

Bench Flacco for Brandon Allen the next 2 weeks and allow Lock to get acclimated and ready to start coming out of the bye.

Once Lock is off IR and proven healthy simply cut Flacco.

Bench Bolles for literally anyone!

Take your lumps the rest of the way.

Offseason;

John takes a backseat as GM and hires Ed Dodds away from Indy.

Extend Simmons

In the draft and FA find a new LT, DE, ILB, and CB
    Knowing Elway will likely remain through 2020, I agree with your immediate moves. If Elway hires a new GM the deal would require the ability to fire/hire a new Director of Player Personnel.

Old man Flacco can’t step into a pocket like every other qb for the past 25 years. He’s garbage and always has been. Faster he is cut is the time I start looking forward to games again.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Good discussion gang. Remember, the topic is "what you would do", so it's not exactly a crime if we disagree.

I am the only one (so far) who fixes the QB first, but it's logistically how I see it. Bench Flacco, play Lock when Lock's ready. Design around a porous Oline, using dink and dunk, the strong run game, mixed in with some long ball threat. Move on.

But how could anyone argue that the Oline is not a huge priority? And as for Execs, I am not sure how one "fires" Big John, which is why he needs to be the bigger person, and hire a GM to handle all things personnel. Not sure why he hasn't already made this happen other than a love of power. But you can be in power and still have a GM that reports to you, and makes the team better.

But sadly, Elway has had the reins for some time, and for a HoF QB, he sure seems to have forgotten the importance of the QB and Oline positions!! Hey, you are the man in charge...you can find a talented GM to make you look even better!
    No you are not I been saying we need a qb for years. We can get all the linemen we want but means nothing without a legit qb. But we will see who is right.
    Ha ha....this should be one of those moments...two of us agreeing! I was actually thinking I might be the only one who checked the QB box in this poll.

No doubt, lots of members have been touting the "find a QB" banner for some time now.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Ha ha....this should be one of those moments...two of us agreeing! I was actually thinking I might be the only one who checked the QB box in this poll.

No doubt, lots of members have been touting the "find a QB" banner for some time now.
    So what Qb do you guys want.
    Herbert, Fromm, Love, Tua, ?

Give Lock a chance and see what he can do. If we go Qb first round Elway needs to be fired asap.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    So what Qb do you guys want.
    Herbert, Fromm, Love, Tua, ?
    I’m all for seeing what Lock looks like. Maybe he can show enough talent and ability so we can focus on Oline in the draft. If he just looks like too much of a project, then I personally won’t be too picky about any of the 1st round QBs. I just want this team to finally identify their franchise QB and commit to him.