View Poll Results: What "Role" Would You Fix First???

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

    20 35.71%
  • Coach

    1 1.79%
  • QB

    6 10.71%
  • Oline

    29 51.79%
  • Interior D

    0 0%
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
Results 76 to 90 of 126
  1. #76
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    They can always dumb things down to the plays he does know.
    Maybe they can start dumbing things down for Flacco?

  2. #77
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    So who then?
    It’s easy to say Elway can’t find a QB, but it’s a lot harder to attach yourself to a qb.

    Who would you fill that position with?
    Sometimes you have to stop trying with certain posters who offer nothing but disdain.

    Keep the solutions coming.

    Ultimately the fix starts with the Bowlen family.

  3. #78
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Maybe they can start dumbing things down for Flacco?
    I agree. They can dumb things way down for Flacco, like ďThereís the benchĒ lol. All sarcasm aside, I would personally prefer to get as much PT for Lock as possible. The more evaluation they can get out of him, the better.

  4. #79
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,583
    Quote Originally Posted by jazzy22jeff View Post
    1. Fire current coach and staff
    2. O-line, O-line, O-line
    3. Trash Flacco and evaluate if Lock is the answer

    On paper we look good. Offense: Lindsey, Freeman, Sutton, Sanders, Janovich Defense: Miller, Chubb, Harris, Reed, Jackson, Simmons.

    Our weak points are HUGE weak points: QB, O-line, and coaching. Until these are addressed, we will be an armpit of a team
    You absolutely cannot fire Fangio right now. That would be ludicrous.

  5. #80
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I agree. They can dumb things way down for Flacco, like “There’s the bench” lol. All sarcasm aside, I would personally prefer to get as much PT for Lock as possible. The more evaluation they can get out of him, the better.
    He knows where the bench is located. lol

    I think playing Lock is a good idea
    but the way the OL (Bolles, Wilkinson, Leary) is playing
    I'm afraid Lock will end up back on the IR.

    Risner is the only bright spot.
    Can we get two firsts for him?

  6. #81
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    He knows where the bench is located. lol

    I think playing Lock is a good idea
    but the way the OL (Bolles, Wilkinson, Leary) is playing
    I'm afraid Lock will end up back on the IR.

    Risner is the only bright spot.
    Can we get two firsts for him?
    Though the line is bad, there have been many opportunities to step up, scramble, etc. If Lock has the goods, thereís a chance he could use some athletic ability and give us a little hope for the future. If the kid simply looks like too much of a project, then the draft gets a little more interesting. The line is what it is. If we want to wait for the Oline to be fixed, then weíll have to hide our QB on the bench for a couple more years.

    Letís face it, unless we get real lucky in both draft and FA this offseason, the line isnít gonna be good for a couple of seasons. Even if they are able to fix it in the offseason, I still think Lock needs as much evaluation as possible so we can have a clearer picture of the draft.

  7. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,475
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Though the line is bad, there have been many opportunities to step up, scramble, etc. If Lock has the goods, thereís a chance he could use some athletic ability and give us a little hope for the future. If the kid simply looks like too much of a project, then the draft gets a little more interesting. The line is what it is. If we want to wait for the Oline to be fixed, then weíll have to hide our QB on the bench for a couple more years.

    Letís face it, unless we get real lucky in both draft and FA this offseason, the line isnít gonna be good for a couple of seasons. Even if they are able to fix it in the offseason, I still think Lock needs as much evaluation as possible so we can have a clearer picture of the draft.
    If James can stay healthy the line isnít too far from being decent. Slide Wilkinson inside to RG. He struggled some at RT but works hard and has upside. Draft a LT using the first or second pick. Risner was a good pick, likely recommended by Scott DiStefano/Bryan Chesin. Let those two have a shot at picking the next LT. This was McGovernís first season at center, give him off season and camp to hone skills and he might be fine.

  8. #83
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    If James can stay healthy the line isnít too far from being decent. Slide Wilkinson inside to RG. He struggled some at RT but works hard and has upside. Draft a LT using the first or second pick. Risner was a good pick, likely recommended by Scott DiStefano/Bryan Chesin. Let those two have a shot at picking the next LT. This was McGovernís first season at center, give him off season and camp to hone skills and he might be fine.
    Sounds great. Letís get Lock as much PT as possible and if he can play, then maybe he has a halfway decent line next year.

  9. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2015
    Location
    Virginia
    Posts
    10,475
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Sounds great. Letís get Lock as much PT as possible and if he can play, then maybe he has a halfway decent line next year.
    Agree. Thinking about how to fix it is the only way I can deal with whatís happened with the Broncos.

  10. #85
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Agree. Thinking about how to fix it is the only way I can deal with whatís happened with the Broncos.
    Iím pretty much in the same boat. For the short term, Iím just hoping to have something to be excited about for the remainder of the season. Also, I think seeing Lock is crucial to assessing the upcoming draft/offseason.

  11. #86
    Join Date
    Sep 2006
    Location
    5,280
    Posts
    6,539
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    You absolutely cannot fire Fangio right now. That would be ludicrous.
    Yeah, if everyone thinks the team now is a dumpster fire just wait until nobody will coach here any more.
    Last edited by Houshmazode; 10-20-2019 at 10:11 PM.

  12. #87
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,379
    Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Agree. Thinking about how to fix it is the only way I can deal with what’s happened with the Broncos.
    OK, but if he gets hurt due to poor line play
    then you will have some explaining to do.

    If he survives with two workable thumbs
    then you can take all the credit.

    When can he officially start?

  13. #88
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,583
    Quote Originally Posted by Houshmazode View Post
    Yeah, if everyone thinks the team now is a dumpster fire just wait until nobody will coach here any more.
    I imagine that with only 32 positions available, the Broncos would be able to find someone to coach the team. It may not be a "hot", well-known candidate but they'd find someone.

    The bigger issue is the fact that if you fire Fangio and hire someone else, that would be 4 head coaches in 5 seasons. You can't build anything sustainable nor retain credibility with players moving coaches in and out at that pace. You have to be patient with the coaching staff and give them at least 3 years to build this up. Look at how that's paying off in San Francisco.

  14. #89
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    I voted QB simply because it is a single position and we have a chance to put in Lock this season and see if he's the guy. O-line is also a huge priority, but it involves several replacements and will need to be addressed in the offseason. We can at least get a look at the QB position this season.

  15. #90
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,295
    Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    OK, but if he gets hurt due to poor line play
    then you will have some explaining to do.

    If he survives with two workable thumbs
    then you can take all the credit.

    When can he officially start?
    I believe he is eligible for the Browns game.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •