View Poll Results: What "Role" Would You Fix First???

Voters
56. You may not vote on this poll
  • GM

20 35.71%
  • Coach

1 1.79%
  • QB

6 10.71%
  • Oline

29 51.79%
  • Interior D

0 0%
Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9
    Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I agree it doesn't absolve him about a lack of talent, however that wasn't my point. My point is, it would absolve Elway of the coaching hires I blamed him for. Unlike many, I tend to update my opinions as I get more info. It also gives me a lot less confidence in the "Board" making ANY decisions. IMO we're stuck until a real owner is found, and that's still no guarantee things will get better.

BTW, I'm watching Emanuel Sanders tonight being more open than I've seen him in years. I bet Sanders is thrilled to be playing for Kyle.
    John Elway is a grown man with a track record of success. If he didnít want hiring decisions dictated, if that was the case, he could have told Ellis to pound sand. Or, step down. When you go along with someone dictating who you hire, you own the results. In my career I never worked for someone without clear agreement on the ability to hire my team. If that wasnít the deal I found other opportunities. Now, I always listened to the input of others including my boss. In the end the teams I built were entirely my call. I lived with the results good or bad.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    John Elway is a grown man with a track record of success. If he didn’t want hiring decisions dictated, if that was the case, he could have told Ellis to pound sand. Or, step down. When you go along with someone dictating who you hire, you own the results. In my career I never worked for someone without clear agreement on the ability to hire my team. If that wasn’t the deal I found other opportunities. Now, I always listened to the input of others including my boss. In the end the teams I built were entirely my call. I lived with the results good or bad.
    I'll make it really simple for you. Do you want Elway or Ellis/Board making football decisions for this team?

Quote Originally Posted by lvbronx View Post
    I'll make it really simple for you. Do you want Elway or Ellis/Board making football decisions for this team?
    Exactly, The board has no intention to cut off those checks they receive from the team. Most of all no one to report to, Same goes for Elway, My answer is NO ! They have taken this team from a contender to Irrelevant.

Article
    Sports
    Mark Schlereth: No reason to trust John Elway to fix the Broncos.

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/mark-sc...145143264.html.

Interesting read that we may agree on.

Players drafted by Brian Xanders, took the Broncos to the Super Bowls after the 2013 and 2015 seasons.

Elway fired Brian Xanders and Elway and Matt Russell have taken over the responsibilities for drafting players, their drafts
    and the team's record have been abysmal.

The real problem stems from the lack of a functional owner. Pat Bowlen would have never put up with this. After all he fired Mike Shanahan the year after he took the team to the AFC Championship Game.

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post
    Players drafted by Brian Xanders, took the Broncos to the Super Bowls after the 2013 and 2015 seasons.

Elway fired Brian Xanders and Elway and Matt Russell have taken over the responsibilities for drafting players, their drafts

The real problem stems from the lack of a functional owner. Pat Bowlen would have never put up with this. After all he fired Mike Shanahan the year after he took the team to the AFC Championship Game.
    It was 3 years after the AFCCG.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by colowoz View Post

Your timeline is a little off, and I think you are over estimating the amount of say that Xanders had under the McDaniels stay, and the start of the Elway reign. But I agree with what you are saying to a certain degree. Mark Schlereth put it perfectly this last week, Elway built a championship by finding a unicorn, Peyton Manning. Peyton was the ultimate bargaining chip, and the ultimate band-aid, his presence covered up for a lot of bad moves Elway made even over that very successful run from 2011, up to and including 2015. Will a guy like Peyton come along again to dig us out of this hole ? Doubtful, so do we trust Elway to fix this ? I personally do not.