Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

If you get a day 2 pick, it makes sense. Also likely means that Lock and Tim Patrick are the IR returnees

I was listening to the fan this morning and they were talking about “the poor management of Winfree’s injury” and how he has “been practicing” the last 3 weeks. Not sure how much is true or if I dreamt that. Haha. But what’s the deal with Winfree?

Quote Originally Posted by DN1218 View Post
    I was listening to the fan this morning and they were talking about “the poor management of Winfree’s injury” and how he has “been practicing” the last 3 weeks. Not sure how much is true or if I dreamt that. Haha. But what’s the deal with Winfree?
    I'd like to see more of him. Chris Harris himself sort of endorsed the kid in preseason as 'someone to watch'
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

It’s about a year too late if u ask me. I appreciate all Sanders has done, but if we’re not going to get a QB, or an offense in general, that will make use of Sanders, why keep him and continue to waste his remaining good years?

At this point I wouldn't even be upset if it happens.

Until we get a QB (hopefully Lock will be the guy after some growing pains) and we solidify our o-line with a new LT (Bolles is a lost cause) and a new RG (Leary is on his last leg) and some quality back-ups (Wilkinson is trash filling in for James) Sanders is just wasting away here.

Von & Harris are the only vets I'd be upset to lose.
    Last edited by Mel B.; 10-20-2019 at 11:30 AM.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

I like Sanders enough to trade him to a contender.
    But nothing less than a third-rounder. (maybe a fourth)

In the other thread someone says we might be in talks with Patriots for a 2nd rounder...that’d be crazy

In the other thread someone says we might be in talks with Patriots for a 2nd rounder...that’d be crazy
    Pats 2nd is realistically a high 3rd. That’s awesome value. He would be on the plane now if I were Elway. But if I were Elway, we wouldn’t be in this mess as I would traded the 3 1st, 2-3 years ago for Matt Strafford. Thus not having that pick to waste in Bolles or Fant........

Quote Originally Posted by Mel B. View Post
    At this point I wouldn't even be upset if it happens.

Until we get a QB (hopefully Lock will be the guy after some growing pains) and we solidify our o-line with a new LT (Bolles is a lost cause) and a new RG (Leary is on his last leg) and some quality back-ups (Wilkinson is trash filling in for James) Sanders is just wasting away here.

Von & Harris are the only vets I'd be upset to lose.
    Plus, do we re-sign McGovern.
    If so, how much?

I could see The Packers being interested, but be lucky to get a 3rd.....

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Pats 2nd is realistically a high 3rd. That’s awesome value. He would be on the plane now if I were Elway. But if I were Elway, we wouldn’t be in this mess as I would traded the 3 1st, 2-3 years ago for Matt Strafford. Thus not having that pick to waste in Bolles or Fant........
    What makes you think Detroit would make that trade?
    3 first rd
    Picks for a Qb who is 0-3 in the playoffs?

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    What makes you think Detroit would make that trade?
    3 first rd
    Picks for a Qb who is 0-3 in the playoffs?
    Three years ago, when we drafted Lynch, Detroit was said to be on the fence with Stafford. I would’ve made them an offer to get them over the fence. Saying he’s 0-3 in the playoffs isn’t really fair as that team hasn’t been committed to running the ball since Sanders left. And you can’t win in January / February without running the ball and playing solid defense, no matter who your QB is (PM with the Colts and Dan Marino are great examples of this).

We would’ve had Stafford playing under Kubes in 2016. So the Lynch pick would’ve never happened, the Bolles pick would’ve never happened, and Fant would’ve never happened. Our QB issues would be solved and with that defense and “Poppa Bear” still here in 2016...............

Man.... I was hoping that we traded for Matt Stafford instead of Joe Flacco this year.

I'd take that deal - ASAP.