Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    They are saying that the Pat's have been trying to make this trade since before the draft. I don't Sanders was as serious to NE as we all thought
    ...or as we were lead to believe, anyway.

I guess this leaves Green Bay, San Francisco, and Philadelphia as front-runners now.

I'm thinking a 4th for Manny?

The Pats gave a second for Sanu??? Seriously???

That dude isnít worth a 6th at this stage of his career.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I hope the Broncos didn't drop the ball with a potential trade. I would think New England would have gladly given us their 2nd rounder for Sanders.
    I said on Sunday when I posted this thread that they were about and willing but John just wouldnít budge in his demands! Always low balling and playing hard ball.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    The Pats gave a second for Sanu??? Seriously???

That dude isnít worth a 6th at this stage of his career.
    I donít think he was ever worth a 6th round pick. Will he even get playing time over Dorset when Gordon and Edelman are healthy?

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    I hope the Broncos didn't drop the ball with a potential trade. I would think New England would have gladly given us their 2nd rounder for Sanders.
    Doubtful. Age, contract, and injury history made Sanu a more attractive trade target. A 3rd remains our best case scenario.

I'd be disappointed if the Broncos got anything less than a 3rd for Sanders now. I know Sanu's contract is more favourable, but come on, a 2nd?

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Doubtful. Age, contract, and injury history made Sanu a more attractive trade target. A 3rd remains our best case scenario.
    Sanu likely wonít even make the team next season. A 2nd round pick for a guy who has never caught 70 passes in a season, went over 1000 yards, or caught more than 5 TDs in a 7 year career is absolutely absurd.

Sanders probably wonít get us a 2nd because the value isnít there but Atlanta shouldnít have got a 5th let alone a 2nd for Sanu. Maybe New England trades us 2 1sts for Sanders.

A 2nd for Sanu makes me feel like there was an opportunity missed.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Sanu likely wonít even make the team next season. A 2nd round pick for a guy who has never caught 70 passes in a season, went over 1000 yards, or caught more than 5 TDs in a 7 year career is absolutely absurd.

Sanders probably wonít get us a 2nd because the value isnít there but Atlanta shouldnít have got a 5th let alone a 2nd for Sanu. Maybe New England trades us 2 1sts for Sanders.
    Sanu has been playing with Julio Jones on his team. Maybe the Patriots see something in him that makes him worth a 2nd round pick.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Sanu gives the Patriots an inside target, especially on third down, to help take pressure off top receiver Julian Edelman. The 6-foot-2, 210-pound Sanu, 30, is in his eighth season and has 33 receptions for 313 yards and one touchdown in 2019.

The Patriots have long had an affinity for Sanu, who played at Rutgers alongside current Patriots defensive backs Devin McCourty and Duron Harmon, and entered the NFL as a third-round draft choice of the Cincinnati Bengals. New England had been trying to trade for Sanu since before the draft, according to Schefter.

A second-round pick is a significant price to pay, but one reason the Patriots might have felt comfortable doing so is that Sanu's contract extends through the 2020 season. The Patriots will pay Sanu a prorated portion of his $6 million base salary in 2019, and Sanu is scheduled to earn a base salary of $6.5 million in 2020.

In terms of draft capital, the Patriots are also projected to receive two third-round compensatory draft picks in 2020 for the free-agency losses of Trey Flowers and Trent Brown. If that's the way it unfolds, the Patriots would have a first-round pick and three third-rounders on the first two days of the draft. Compensatory picks are slotted in at the end of the round.

ESPN

Heck the Pat's 2nd round pick gonna be so late it's like a 3rd

Screw the Pats. You don't make a deal with the devil
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Sanu has been playing with Julio Jones on his team. Maybe the Patriots see something in him that makes him worth a 2nd round pick.
    Even then he never performed in Cincinnati at a high level, Ridley put up more yards and TDs and 2 less catches than Sanuís career highs as a rookie. Heís 30 and declining from a lower ceiling than Sanders. Even if the Patriots value him at a 2nd round level, I doubt the Falcons really did. A 24 year old Amari Cooper was traded for 1 first round pick why give up a 2nd for an average 30 year old WR? If Wolfe was being shopped for a 5th round pick why offer much more than that?

Itís a puzzling move in a long list of puzzling moves made by the Patriots. Sadly it wonít matter as long as Brady is there
    Last edited by beastlyskronk; 10-22-2019 at 07:44 AM.

If ANYONE gives us a 2nd or 3rd for Sanders, make the deal! No one will give us a 2nd. That's crazy! I expect a 4th round.