Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

If Scangarello ends up not being the guy for us .......

Could Munchack be a good OC? If he's capable would he run the Shanny type scheme Elway wants to see?
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

You cannot, and I mean CANNOT, fire or replace Scangarello this season or in the offseason.

Now, if things don't turn around into next year, we can have dialogue. But it would be such a detriment to fire him this quickly.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    You cannot, and I mean CANNOT, fire or replace Scangarello this season or in the offseason.

Now, if things don't turn around into next year, we can have dialogue. But it would be such a detriment to fire him this quickly.
    I agree, what OC would look good with Flacco? Let him build an offense around Lock and see what happens. Scang I think will be a good play caller but he needs a mobile QB and an Oline .......just LIKE EVERY OTHER OC IN THE LEAGUE.

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I agree, what OC would look good with Flacco? Let him build an offense around Lock and see what happens. Scang I think will be a good play caller but he needs a mobile QB and an Oline .......just LIKE EVERY OTHER OC IN THE LEAGUE.
    And vice versa, how many players can look good going through all this turnover. Yes schemes may be similar in philosophy but methods of coaching may be drastically different. Patience is a virtue and whether this is the right coaching staff or not I think they need multiple seasons together to find out how good or bad they actually are.

It is not fair to judge the OC when his QB is making piss poor decisions and holding onto the ball too long. In addition the OL as it stands today is NOT what we need in order to win games. More importantly they cannot hold blocks to allow for deep passes. Nor can then position themselves to control the opposition and WHERE they can rush to.

I wouldn't trust an o-line coach that has never run an offense to be the answer.

And the quickest way to ruin a young QB is to constantly bring in new OCs that change the offemse every year. If we want Lock to be successful, we need continuity in his first few seasons. If after 2020 our offense still isn't producing, we should consider moving on from Scangarello. But not before then.

Honestly, Elway shouldn't be allowed to hire the next coach or coordinators.

I'm not even suggesting that Scangaroo is going to fail .......well I guess his performance (along with the players) speaks for it self.

And I agree we can't just keep turning coaches over.

BUT -......... the question still remains. ..... does Munchack have any OC experience
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    I'm not even suggesting that Scangaroo is going to fail .......well I guess his performance (along with the players) speaks for it self.

And I agree we can't just keep turning coaches over.

BUT -......... the question still remains. ..... does Munchack have any OC experience
    He does not have any OC experience that I am aware of. He was a stalwart mainstay for the Oilers/Titans as both a player and line coach. He got a shot as a HC for the Titans for a couple of years, but no playcalling/OC experience. Personally, I think he's one of those guys who is an excellent position coach, but not suited for coordination or head coaching.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    He does not have any OC experience that I am aware of. He was a stalwart mainstay for the Oilers/Titans as both a player and line coach. He got a shot as a HC for the Titans for a couple of years, but no playcalling/OC experience. Personally, I think he's one of those guys who is an excellent position coach, but not suited for coordination or head coaching.
    I feel if he had the right people in place at coordinator he could be a good hc. But he is not suited for ocing

I'm not going to judge Scang's until after we see how the offense looks with Lock starting at QB...until then I'm sticking with my feelings that the offensive play calling is just being handcuffed with Flacco.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Could Munchack be a good OC? If he's capable would he run the Shanny type scheme Elway wants to see?

If I remember correctly his time as the Titans HC he ran a very boring and dated '3 yards and a cloud of dust' style of offense.

I can't see him running a Shanny type scheme unless he hires a Shanny type OC, which we already have...we just have to wait for our Shanny type QB to come off IR and be inserted into the starting line-up and judge Scang's Shanny type scheme(s) for there.

Special thanks to Sam_Z for the SB rings collage above

Hereís my issue with Scangarello. Itís 3rd and 5 and he has all his WRs running 10 yard routes, leaving Flacco to hold the ball too long and get tattooed. Successful offenses in todayís NFL have great screen games and run crossers and quick slants till theyíre blue on the face. We run a very vanilla passing game with no exotic crossers or screens and itís very easy to beat. The Chiefs started sending the house and we did nothing to fix it, no hit routes, no quick slants, nothing. He is clueless.
    Any young aspiring offensive coordinator simply needs to watch hundreds of hours of film on Josh McDaniels offense in New England to see what creativity looks like. Flacco is no less mobile than Brady, Brady is just in a better scheme which allows him to succeed.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Hereís my issue with Scangarello. Itís 3rd and 5 and he has all his WRs running 10 yard routes, leaving Flacco to hold the ball too long and get tattooed. Successful offenses in todayís NFL have great screen games and run crossers and quick slants till theyíre blue on the face. We run a very vanilla passing game with no exotic crossers or screens and itís very easy to beat. The Chiefs started sending the house and we did nothing to fix it, no hit routes, no quick slants, nothing. He is clueless.
    Any young aspiring offensive coordinator simply needs to watch hundreds of hours of film on Josh McDaniels offense in New England to see what creativity looks like. Flacco is no less mobile than Brady, Brady is just in a better scheme which allows him to succeed.
    If you go back and watch the 9 sacks, 80% of them were on Flacco. On one of those plays he had Heuerman wide open on a short route. Flacco looked his way, held the ball and looked back across the field...sack. That was an easy 1st down. On another sack he had Freeman as the check down to his left and there werenít any defenders in front - easy 1st down. Flacco held the ball and refused to go to Freeman - maybe itís Flacco who doesnít know the plays. On play after play Flacco wouldnít climb the pocket. Even when it looked like Wilkinson gave up a pressure, he had his guy moved around Flacco - all Flacco needed to do was step up. Brady slides and moves up as needed. One of our local high school quarterbacks was a backup starting his sophomore year. The starter went down and the quarterback had his first start against the best team in our region. In his first start he was manipulating the pocket better than Flacco.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Play calling is always subjective to ridicule. We can sit here after the fact and knit pick certain plays. In the heat of the moment maybe he calls 10 yard routs because he's expecting defenders to jump the slants? It's a chess game and his 1st ever crack at playing the game. Give him James back on the line and a mobile QB in Lock and I bet we see a completely different look on offense

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco