If Scangarello ends up not being the guy for us .......

Collapse
This topic is closed.
X
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • FL BRONCO
    Traveling Mod
    • Mar 2010

Originally posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I agree, what OC would look good with Flacco? Let him build an offense around Lock and see what happens. Scang I think will be a good play caller but he needs a mobile QB and an Oline .......just LIKE EVERY OTHER OC IN THE LEAGUE.
    Gary did pretty well
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Comment

• Fantaztic7
      Banned User
      • Dec 2015

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
      Gary did pretty well
      With the 3rd best rated offensive line that season...

Comment

• JvDub95
        Football Immortal
        • Jan 2005

Originally posted by FL BRONCO View Post
        Gary did pretty well
        Ok, Flacco 5+ years ago maybe was ok..... Today he's a shell of what he used to be and even then he was just avg for a starter

​​​​

Comment

• FL BRONCO
          Traveling Mod
          • Mar 2010

Originally posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
          With the 3rd best rated offensive line that season...
          No arguements here, i think our Oline is and has been our achilles heel for years.I remember watching Michael Schofield blocking with his back to the defender an how utterly embarrassed I felt. I didn't think i'd ever feel that way again. Then along came Garrett Bolles. His last performance made me feel even worse. :brick::brick::brick:
          Last edited by FL BRONCO; 10-21-2019, 08:04 PM.

Comment

• FL BRONCO
            Traveling Mod
            • Mar 2010

Ok, Flacco 5+ years ago maybe was ok..... Today he's a shell of what he used to be and even then he was just avg for a starter
            He is not in the same offense with the same quality of line so that is apples to oranges imo. I am not saying he is playing well. He is not. My God, hang on to the foofball and when you know you are getting pressure consistently from the corners don't hold on to the ball and maybe try and step up in the pocket.These are things a vet qb should be doing and he is not. I am not at all happy with his play. That said, I hope nobody thought he was going to carry a team cause he never was he isn't that type of qb,

It would sure help to give him better blocking and more time so he can think about the play and not about the pressure. It might also help if we would call some screen plays to slow the rush a bit.

I am not a fan of Flacco by any means. I will be happy when we can move on from him. But I think there are bigger issues that need to be addressed. You are asking a lot from any qb with the current issues.

Comment

• mojo0730
              Football Immortal
              • Oct 2006

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
              Here’s my issue with Scangarello. It’s 3rd and 5 and he has all his WRs running 10 yard routes, leaving Flacco to hold the ball too long and get tattooed. Successful offenses in today’s NFL have great screen games and run crossers and quick slants till they’re blue on the face. We run a very vanilla passing game with no exotic crossers or screens and it’s very easy to beat. The Chiefs started sending the house and we did nothing to fix it, no hit routes, no quick slants, nothing. He is clueless.
              Any young aspiring offensive coordinator simply needs to watch hundreds of hours of film on Josh McDaniels offense in New England to see what creativity looks like. Flacco is no less mobile than Brady, Brady is just in a better scheme which allows him to succeed.
              So I'm not saying Scangarello has demonstrated that he's an amazing play-caller or coordinator.

However, it's hard to determine how much of that is really on him and how much of that is the talent.

Either way, you HAVE TO keep Scangarello in place until at least halfway through next season. I think you keep him 2 full seasons but you can't cut bait now.
              sigpic

Comment

• dizzolve
                Orange Rush
                • Mar 2009

I'm starting to become intrigued with Brandon Allen and Rich Scangarello. We all remember what coach did with the back up QB's in SanFran last year. And that's how he got this job. And at the same time, we got a look at Brandon Allen in preseason when he was with LA. He has some good traits. I see a confident kid. I know he hasn't taken an NFL snap in a reg season game etc. But -- maybe Scangarello knows this situation we find ourselves in and can make something happen.

I saw the presser by both Rich and Brandon this week. I come away feeling better than I did when I immediately learned flacco was out

I'm not predicting a Bronco W here or anything. But it's possible this offense finds some kind of spark because a different QB.

I actually really want to see how the kid does. It's not like he's got to score 30pts per game or else it's a disappointment either. I mean the offense in the first half of the season isn't exactly a tough act to follow. ...But our OL makes the act tough to start with
                Last edited by dizzolve; 10-31-2019, 07:38 PM.
                The beatings will continue until morale improves....

Comment

• KWHIT97
                  Master of the Mock
                  • Oct 2007

Play calling is always subjective to ridicule. We can sit here after the fact and knit pick certain plays. In the heat of the moment maybe he calls 10 yard routs because he's expecting defenders to jump the slants? It's a chess game and his 1st ever crack at playing the game. Give him James back on the line and a mobile QB in Lock and I bet we see a completely different look on offense
                  The point is, the QB has to have options. Another thing they do that drives me insane is bring Freeman in on 3rd downs when Lindsay is clearly the more dynamic back. Then they put Lindsay in a 3rd and short to pound the ball up the middle. It makes no sense!

Comment

• beastlyskronk
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jun 2007

Originally posted by KWHIT97 View Post
                    The point is, the QB has to have options. Another thing they do that drives me insane is bring Freeman in on 3rd downs when Lindsay is clearly the more dynamic back. Then they put Lindsay in a 3rd and short to pound the ball up the middle. It makes no sense!
                    For as dynamic as Lindsay is he isn’t very natural at catching the ball and doesn’t look very fluid in his hips which is key when running routes. Freeman lacks that fluidity as well and even though he had a bad drop I think he’s a more reliable receiver and a blocker. As for Lindsay running up the middle on 3rd and short, well his burst gives him an advantage over Freeman to get those yards and he’s proven that he can and will run through arm tackles. Plus with his speed the defense has to respect an outside run as well whereas they’re probably comfortable with their ability to run Freeman down if he goes outside.

Comment

• dizzolve
                      Orange Rush
                      • Mar 2009

How good did Sanders look last night in that Niners game? .......... makes me really wonder how his abilities went ignored around here in the last couple seasons ............but mainly this season. Was it a result of Flacco's choices? Or Scangarello? or even Sanders to be fair

Comment

• dizzolve
                        Orange Rush
                        • Mar 2009

Comment

• johnlimburg
                          Ring of Famer
                          • Sep 2009

Does Munchak have any play calling experience ? Given, Elway hired an unqualified Scrangerello to take the job here when he had next to no experience calling games, so who knows how Elway qualifies these guys. I will say, Scrangerello doesn't look ready, and doesn't seem to be improving with time. I hate coaches who refuse to adapt to their players, and Scrangerello appears to be that so far.

Comment

• dizzolve
                            Orange Rush
                            • Mar 2009

Originally posted by johnlimburg View Post
                            Does Munchak have any play calling experience ? Given, Elway hired an unqualified Scrangerello to take the job here when he had next to no experience calling games, so who knows how Elway qualifies these guys. I will say, Scrangerello doesn't look ready, and doesn't seem to be improving with time. I hate coaches who refuse to adapt to their players, and Scrangerello appears to be that so far.
                            I kind of suspect John Elway's criteria for hiring OC had more to do with the type of offense being run rather than the OC himself being that great or experienced. Since Scangaroo runs the offense Elway knows and prefers, ........rest is history?

Comment

• Fantaztic7
                              Banned User
                              • Dec 2015

Originally posted by dizzolve View Post
                              I kind of suspect John Elway's criteria for hiring OC had more to do with the type of offense being run rather than the OC himself being that great or experienced. Since Scangaroo runs the offense Elway knows and prefers, ........rest is history?
                              There was an article in which Elway was quoted with essentially what you said. I should have posted the article when I read it.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                                Football Immortal
                                • Oct 2010

We got to have continuity in our coaching staff.
                                We gotta give this staff At least 2 year's probably 3.

Comment

Working...
                                X