Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    According to 104.3 The Fan, the Broncos can't negotiate with Chris Harris Jr. during the regular season per his current contract - they have to wait until the off-season to talk about any extension.

So I think it's fair to assume that he won't re-sign here if he reaches the open market. So with that, we have (I believe) the following options with Harris:

1) Ride out the season, and whatever happens in the off-season happens.

2) Trade Chris Harris before the trade deadline.

3) Franchise Tag Chris Harris.

If the Broncos lose Chris Harris to free agency, they'll likely get a 4th round compensatory pick, but for 2021 - not 2020.

So for me, this is where I see this going. If they can't trade Sanders for a 3rd round pick or better before the trade deadline, then IMO they'll franchise tag him and try to force him to negotiate a more team-friendly deal.

What's everyone else's opinion/thoughts on this?
    I am willing to bet a thousand bucks we dont franchise tag CHJ. Going rate for CB on a franchise tag right now is $16 million. For 2020 season it will probably be closer to $17 million. with declining performance, no team would pay him that money, so he would gladly take a one year deal.

Quote Originally Posted by GiddyupGetEm View Post
    I am willing to bet a thousand bucks we don’t franchise tag CHJ. Going rate for CB on a franchise tag right now is $16 million. For 2020 season it will probably be closer to $17 million. with declining performance, no team would pay him that money, so he would gladly take a one year deal.
    While I don't necessarily disagree with your assessment (that the Broncos WON'T franchise CHJ), they allegedly will have a lot of cap room next year and are already paying CHJ $13 million a year (give or take), not to mention that he'll likely get $15-17 million in the open market anyway. Plus the goal of franchising him wouldn't necessarily be to pay him $17 million but rather to more or less take a deal that benefits the team or at the very least buy them some time.

Trade him or let him walk.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

At this point in time who really cares.

Quote Originally Posted by DENVERSB50CHAMP View Post
    At this point in time who really cares.
    Broncos fans...?

If Chris Harris leaves, wed be left with relatively nothing at CB. Dawson and Yiadom havent shown much, Callahan cant get on the field, the other Harris looks ok right now but probably just a depth player. Bausby flashed while he was in but is unproven.

So we draft a CB over LT in the first? Or a CB in round 2? I say if Harris is intent on leaving, we trade him now for a younger CB that shows promise, or maybe for Peterson if possible.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If Chris Harris leaves, wed be left with relatively nothing at CB. Dawson and Yiadom havent shown much, Callahan cant get on the field, the other Harris looks ok right now but probably just a depth player. Bausby flashed while he was in but is unproven.

So we draft a CB over LT in the first? Or a CB in round 2? I say if Harris is intent on leaving, we trade him now for a younger CB that shows promise, or maybe for Peterson if possible.
    Either way hes likely gone in the offseason, might as well try to get something for him now

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    The Eagles will only be one game behind Dallas after tonight. They play each other again and I think the Cowboys have a slightly harder schedule. I think theyll still be in the market for Harris.
    I just seen this......

https://nfltraderumors.co/afc-west-n...fs-raiders-41/

One guy says that the Eagles want Harris "badly" and a trade is a lock..... we'll see

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I just seen this......

One guy says that the Eagles want Harris "badly" and a trade is a lock..... we'll see
    Interesting for sure. Well see how it turns out. CHJ is a guy Id like to see stay, but it kind of looks like he wont be back next year anyway.

So can someone answer as to whether or not they can franchise tag Chris Harris? I've heard mixed messages regarding this.

So can someone answer as to whether or not they can franchise tag Chris Harris? I've heard mixed messages regarding this.
    They were reporting on the fan that he has some clause in his contact that prevents a tag. I cant provide any evidence to prove legitimacy to that report, but even if they could tag him, I think his head would explode lol.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I just seen this......

There was also a former Eagles linebacker who said CHJ will be traded to Philadelphia.....quoted on his blog.

Who knows.....

Elway has to trade CHJ. We aren't going anywhere this year, and he isn't coming back at all.

I believe they can, but Vic Lombardi reported previously that the two sides have a " mutual agreement" that Harris won't receive a tag next spring.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/sports/nfl...020/ar-AAC5C5R

Harris says he doubts he's traded but I have to believe if we lose this next game it will be something that gets done before Tuesday

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco