Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

What would it take in your opinion?

Lets say you are the GM. What would it take for you to trade the following players?

CHJ?
    Sanders?
    Miller?
    Wolfe?

For me:

CHJ - 2nd rounder or two 3rds. (20,21)
    Sanders - 3rd rounder
    Miller - 1st or two 2nds (20,21)
    Wolfe - 5th

At this point I dont see any point to us keeping any of the above 4 players. The above either have age or a promising backup behind them which suggests we should move them. John can ignore it all we want, but its clear we are going to have to rebuild.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

Quote Originally Posted by Gsam View Post
    Lets say you are the GM. What would it take for you to trade the following players?

CHJ?
    Sanders?
    Miller?
    Wolfe?

For me:

Sanders - 3rd rounder
    Wolfe - 5th

At this point I dont see any point to us keeping any of the above 4 players. The above either have age or a promising backup behind them which suggests we should move them. John can ignore it all we want, but its clear we are going to have to rebuild.
    I'd say those valuations are pretty reasonable. I agree.

CHJ?
    Sanders?
    Miller?
    Wolfe?

For me:

Sanders - 3rd rounder
    Wolfe - 5th

CHJ - 4th
    Sanders - 5th
    Miller - 2nd or 3rd
    Wolfe - 6th

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    I'd say those valuations are pretty reasonable. I agree.
    They are way to high, imo. That's value coming from a broncos fan, not someone from another team.

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    They are way to high, imo. That's value coming from a broncos fan, not someone from another team.
    CHJ has proven 10x the amount that Minkah Fitzpatrick has. Minkah went for a first. Granted hes younger, but CHJ should have 3-4 good years left in him. Thats more than worth a 2nd rounder for a team that is competing. Jalen Ramsey also went for 2 1st rounders. That guy is arguably the biggest idiot in football (after AB). Who shows up to training camp in a brinks truck? ME first anyone? Corners are fetching crazy value. RAiders just dumped a guy who has proven 0 (gareon conley) to the Texans for a 3rd rounder.

Von you can make an argument that his valuation is high, I dont feel that, but I also think hes lost his passion here. Perpetual losing will do that to you.
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

As Orlando Franklin said today, why are we limiting our vision to just draft picks? Maybe there are young OL/DL guys we identify and target..... why not?

Some good teams second string or practice player may be better than what we already have, and would be further along in their development than a 4th round pick (we could bungle).

CHJ - 3rd or 4th.
    Sanders - 4th or 5th.
    Miller - 1st + 3rd.
    Wolfe - conditional 7th.

I think Miller is the only one the FO truly wants to keep, as such his compensation would be higher in order to see him moved. I don't see a team offering that, so he stays. I don't see Wolfe garnering any interest at all, so he stays until his contract expires in February. Sanders and Harris have similar values and I expect both gone for mid rounders within the week as neither will want to re-sign here in March.
    Last edited by Papa-pwn; 10-22-2019 at 03:27 AM.

CHJ has proven 10x the amount that Minkah Fitzpatrick has. Minkah went for a first. Granted hes younger, but CHJ should have 3-4 good years left in him. Thats more than worth a 2nd rounder for a team that is competing. Jalen Ramsey also went for 2 1st rounders. That guy is arguably the biggest idiot in football (after AB). Who shows up to training camp in a brinks truck? ME first anyone? Corners are fetching crazy value. RAiders just dumped a guy who has proven 0 (gareon conley) to the Texans for a 3rd rounder.

Von you can make an argument that his valuation is high, I dont feel that, but I also think hes lost his passion here. Perpetual losing will do that to you.
    You just listed several players on their rookie contracts. Harris is not some 23-24 year old up and comer with cheap years left. He is aging fast and has only the rest of this season on his contract. CBs hit the 30s wall hard. Some who were consistent pro-bowlers all their 20s end up out of the league by age 33. He has 9 games on his contract and wants to be of the highest paid at his position immediately. Compound those with his coming decline and he really is not a super attractive piece for any team. He is a high risk, high reward trade.

Harris does not have anywhere near the trade value of Fitz or Ramsey, and Conley's age/contract situation make him more appealing as well. Harris goes for a 2nd at absolute best, but more realistically a 3rd is his ceiling with a 4th being more likely.

Fans have a hard time being realistic about their own players' trade values. I remember when DT was surely going to net us a 2nd

CHJ - 4th
    Sanders - 5th
    Miller - 2nd or 3rd
    Wolfe - 6th
    Value is in the eye of the beholder, I think you are way low on Miller and CHJ, especially since we just seen Sanu go for a 2nd and Ramsey goes for 2 1's and a 4th

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Value is in the eye of the beholder, I think you are way low on Miller and CHJ, especially since we just seen Sanu go for a 2nd and Ramsey goes for 2 1's and a 4th
    I agree with this

CHJ?
    Sanders?
    Miller?
    Wolfe?

For me:

Sanders - 3rd rounder
    Wolfe - 5th

CHJ- 3rd
    Sanders- 4th
    Miller- at least a 1st and 2nd
    Wolfe- bag of Cheetos

CHJ?
    Sanders?
    Miller?
    Wolfe?

For me:

Sanders - 3rd rounder
    Wolfe - 5th

good call

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Fans have a hard time being realistic about their own players' trade values. I remember when DT was surely going to net us a 2nd
    DT was sooo over rated. PFM could make ANY receiver look good. Even then, DT had a serious case of the dropsies and it would take him till the 4th game of the season to go on a roll.

I would say your numbers are good, but I wouldn't trade Miller, because we know how good Elway is with 1st and 2nd round picks. Hes so bad, if he wasn't John Elway he would of been fired already.