Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady?

Also...if I were Brady, I'd be targeting the Colts.

Great young nucleus of players. Great GM that drafts like a demon. Great up-and-coming coach.

Raiders might be putting something together...I still think Gruden is a fruitcake, but there might be a method to his madness.

We'll see...

I think he stays in NE.

He should stay in NE. That weak division has given him a lot of wins.

If we comes to the AFC West he will never see another division title imo

Surprised TB is not the hot team for Brady and Rivers. More offensive talent there imo
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    Also...if I were Brady, I'd be targeting the Colts.

Great young nucleus of players. Great GM that drafts like a demon. Great up-and-coming coach.

Raiders might be putting something together...I still think Gruden is a fruitcake, but there might be a method to his madness.

We'll see...
    This and in a dome on turf for 8 games along with the 1 at houston

Quote Originally Posted by Capt. Jack View Post
    I think he stays in NE.
    If he doesn't stay with the "Boston Mob" it will very enjoyable watching him crash and burn where ever he ends up.
    Utah Bronco Freak

Quote Originally Posted by Jonny_Quest View Post
    ESPN is reporting that the Raiders are going to make a hard run at Brady if he hits the market in the next few weeks.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/...mes-free-agent

Gotta say that this move confuses me.

At this point in their careers, I fear Derek Carr way more than I fear Brady. Carr gets the ball out so fast, and has developed an almost uncanny feel for our pass rush. We almost never get sacks or hits on him. The only respite we have is Fangio's deceptive coverage schemes can create some turnovers and disrupt Carr's rhythm.

I feel like Chubb and Miller will have a field day with Brady back there.

Also...why is Gruden so eager to dump Carr? You can win a lot of games with Carr. More than you can with Brady now. Added bonus: Car isn't 43.
    Interesting that now 2 of the teams he may be considering are both in our division.....The Raiders and Chargers (though LAC is more my speculation, and possibly others, as opposed to what we've read / heard). More chance for us to sack his butt!!!

The Raiders and their new location in an entertainment mega center, would be interesting. They will have fans. The Chargers need fans.

What does Brady need? I think he needs to be "important", and I believe the chip on his shoulder never falls off. And unless Belichick promises him a certain amount of say, and some special weapons, he might want to dip his toes into a new, exciting venture....with loads of money and loads of recognition. And of course, a title opportunity. Not sure The Raiders are even close. The Chargers are. Indy would be, but they seem too small market for The Brady bunch.

Quote Originally Posted by jazzbodog View Post
    If he doesn't stay with the "Boston Mob" it will very enjoyable watching him crash and burn where ever he ends up.
    Yep, like Favre's last year in Minn.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

The latest I hear is that Vegas will offer Brady $60M over 2 seasons. Does that entice him at all?

I'd say yes, IF The Raiders add a couple of weapons, along with Jacobs. The atmosphere in Vegas will be electric, and the money might be sweet. They have 2 firsts, and I expect them to go WR with one, and LB with the other (either way). No seconds, but 3 thirds....which could score another O weapon.

I hope the pats offer him the same, because they will have no money for what they need to improve upon.
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-17-2020 at 05:36 PM.

So what's the word out there?

I am sure The pats are promising Brady loads of cash, and some new weapons. Trouble is, the cash could prevent them from upgrading as required. Plus BB and TB might not be getting along.

And it will interesting to see if The Raiders offer him $60M over 2, plus his choice of which rookie WR to select. I can see Gruden asking him, "which one of Lamb, Jeudy or Ruggs do you want? Never mind, just be there at the draft table and call in the selection!!" May sound ridiculous, but Gruden and Mayock may show enough love, along with $60M over 2, and Jacobs, Waller, Ty Williams, a top tier WR in the draft, plus some FA acquisitions.....in what will be a wild and wonderful debut in Vegas!! Hmmmm.

I still like The Chargers if Brady has that Cali connection going! So many weapons, and a potentially solid D.
    Last edited by CanDB; 02-26-2020 at 12:32 PM.

i think tom brady retires after this year. his stuff kinda dropped off last year and you where seeing him miss passes he normally doesn't i think the Pats are moving on from him at the right time if he leaves. he doesn't have much longer in this league regardless where he ends up.

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    i think tom brady retires after this year. his stuff kinda dropped off last year and you where seeing him miss passes he normally doesn't i think the Pats are moving on from him at the right time if he leaves. he doesn't have much longer in this league regardless where he ends up.
    Which could translate to him going for a big bag of cash for specific teams who want to provide him quality weapons, and some say in things.

I've said it all along but it would be crazy if Brady does not return to NE this season.

Surely NE should give him a 1-2 year contract. With Brady, even though he is not quite the same, they will be contenders. They need to help him with some targets and he has another year with the new receivers.... Sanu, Neal, etc............

Then it gives NE time to get a young QB and groom him for a season or two.

If Brady moves on NE will have no QB and will not contend. They will find out the hard way, like everyone else has in the past, that it is extremely tough to find a top QB. I don't care who the HC is, you won't compete without a good to great QB. Throwing some mid round QB in like Stidham and expecting to compete is laughable.

It also doesn't make sense for Brady to go somewhere else when he is starting to decline. He will not have BB or McD, or that pretty good D. He will have to get used to a whole new group of players, a new system, etc........ Does he really want to do that in his last 1-2 years in the league ?

If Brady leaves NE I think it will be a crazy mistake for all parties.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I've said it all along but it would be crazy if Brady does not return to NE this season.

Surely NE should give him a 1-2 year contract. With Brady, even though he is not quite the same, they will be contenders. They need to help him with some targets and he has another year with the new receivers.... Sanu, Neal, etc............

Then it gives NE time to get a young QB and groom him for a season or two.

If Brady moves on NE will have no QB and will not contend. They will find out the hard way, like everyone else has in the past, that it is extremely tough to find a top QB. I don't care who the HC is, you won't compete without a good to great QB. Throwing some mid round QB in like Stidham and expecting to compete is laughable.

It also doesn't make sense for Brady to go somewhere else when he is starting to decline. He will not have BB or McD, or that pretty good D. He will have to get used to a whole new group of players, a new system, etc........ Does he really want to do that in his last 1-2 years in the league ?

If Brady leaves NE I think it will be a crazy mistake for all parties.
    I basically agree with you, but there's a couple of key things none of us know (that he does)....

1) Does Brady's never ending "chip" make him want to now show up The pats, for any disagreements he may be having with any of them (ie. Belichick)? Brady's late round selection has given him fuel to this very day, and I would not be surprised if it fuels him in more ways than we think. He was displeased with the handling of the team this past season, and maybe there's more to it.
    2) At this point in his career...he's basically done it all....he might just get excited at the thought of playing for another team, one that has potential, one that will pay him HUGE, one that allows him to make some decisions as to roster, etc. If The Raiders were a little better, I'd see them as a reasonably good % opportunity. All the excitement, the fanbase they will have instantly, the money, the chance to win again elsewhere at his age. The fact that Mayock and Gruden would do a load of things to make him happy. I am quite sure he would get to pick their first WR off the board.. Maybe influence a FA signing or two. Imagine their O with Jacobs, Waller, Lamb/Jeudy or Ruggs, plus maybe another quality WR from FA. Hey, why not Amari?

Anyway....I do understand how NE is still the #1 destination, but I see The Raiders, Chargers, and several other teams stepping up their presentations. It's not over yet.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I basically agree with you, but there's a couple of key things none of us know (that he does)....

1) Does Brady's never ending "chip" make him want to now show up The pats, for any disagreements he may be having with any of them (ie. Belichick)? Brady's late round selection has given him fuel to this very day, and I would not be surprised if it fuels him in more ways than we think. He was displeased with the handling of the team this past season, and maybe there's more to it.
    2) At this point in his career...he's basically done it all....he might just get excited at the thought of playing for another team, one that has potential, one that will pay him HUGE, one that allows him to make some decisions as to roster, etc. If The Raiders were a little better, I'd see them as a reasonably good % opportunity. All the excitement, the fanbase they will have instantly, the money, the chance to win again elsewhere at his age. The fact that Mayock and Gruden would do a load of things to make him happy. I am quite sure he would get to pick their first WR off the board.. Maybe influence a FA signing or two. Imagine their O with Jacobs, Waller, Lamb/Jeudy or Ruggs, plus maybe another quality WR from FA. Hey, why not Amari?

Anyway....I do understand how NE is still the #1 destination, but I see The Raiders, Chargers, and several other teams stepping up their presentations. It's not over yet.
    I don't think money is a big factor with the amount he has made, not to mention his wife. I think he will just go where he wants to play.

I agree with the new challenge thing, he might just want a change as he has had so much success and has a ton of rings. The trouble with Indy, the Chargers and Raiders are none of them are close to being contenders IMO, unless they bring a ton of talent in from FA.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    I don't think money is a big factor with the amount he has made, not to mention his wife. I think he will just go where he wants to play.

I agree with the new challenge thing, he might just want a change as he has had so much success and has a ton of rings. The trouble with Indy, the Chargers and Raiders are none of them are close to being contenders IMO, unless they bring a ton of talent in from FA.
    I agree about the money, but with only so many years left, a BIG truckload of cash does have some value, to almost anyone.

But you and I have some consensus on the "new challenge" aspect, even if it does not have enough weight in the end to cause him to move. As some (here) were saying a while back, he may not love the fact that he is still considered a player within a system, under a great coach. We all know that Brady is not your everyday QB, and deserves the praise he gets, but I think he wants to be also known for being his own man, as in the commentary around Peyton during the top 100 show. Belichick and others could not give Manning enough star branding when they discussed his ability to play call and play! Brady might want to go elsewhere for a couple of years to a decent team that allows him to run the O more independently. This would be his last, "I showed you"!