Page 14 of 15 FirstFirst ... 4 12 13 14 15 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady?

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    https://nypost.com/2020/04/08/tom-br...-our-marriage/

Good on Brady to open up about his marriage, and how Gisele wasn't satisfied with things a couple of years back. As in, when are you going to do your part for the family.

He will gain more respect for this, and I would not rule it out as a factor with his leaving NE. It was probably more of a family decision.

Good on you TB! I am liking you more every day!!
    She sounds like a whinger. Brady was putting in the work to be the best player he could be before he retires in a couple of years, then he'll have loads of free time. I'm sure he didn't completely neglect his family but I'm pretty sure he was the QB of NE when they got married so she should have understood the work that involves, other partners of NFL QB's will have to put up with the same thing but that comes with the person they married.

I wouldn't tell NE fans that he started lightning the load of his off-season work after last seasons struggles to get any consistentcy.

The off-season is 7 months, NFL players are far more blessed then 90 pc of normal people who don't get all that time off. If he was spending most of the off-season on these other businesses and ignoring his family then that should change, I don't get the relevance of skipping off-season OTA's which is a few weeks of those 6-7 months.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    She sounds like a whinger. Brady was putting in the work to be the best player he could be before he retires in a couple of years, then he'll have loads of free time. I'm sure he didn't completely neglect his family but I'm pretty sure he was the QB of NE when they got married so she should have understood the work that involves, other partners of NFL QB's will have to put up with the same thing but that comes with the person they married.

I wouldn't tell NE fans that he started lightning the load of his off-season work after last seasons struggles to get any consistentcy.

The off-season is 7 months, NFL players are far more blessed then 90 pc of normal people who don't get all that time off. If he was spending most of the off-season on these other businesses and ignoring his family then that should change, I don't get the relevance of skipping off-season OTA's which is a few weeks of those 6-7 months.
    I don't blame her. He admitted it. Sure, dedicate yourself to football but when the offseason comes, you must be careful not to dedicate yourself to business/offseason preparation...without being there for the family. He agreed with her.

I see Drew Brees and his wife, and they seem to be on the same page. My wife, who does not watch football, says she likes both of them, and this did not happen overnight. I am sure Drew gets super busy with the game, but he and his wife do a load of good things together. I think Tom, like many folks in lofty positions, might have forgotten some of the basics of family life, as the game and his business activity absorbed him.

All in all, it's a good story, because it's nice when someone like him admits they needed to change, for the betterment of his wife and kids. That's a good thing.

I don't blame her. He admitted it. Sure, dedicate yourself to football but when the offseason comes, you must be careful not to dedicate yourself to business/offseason preparation...without being there for the family. He agreed with her.

I see Drew Brees and his wife, and they seem to be on the same page. My wife, who does not watch football, says she likes both of them, and this did not happen overnight. I am sure Drew gets super busy with the game, but he and his wife do a load of good things together. I think Tom, like many folks in lofty positions, might have forgotten some of the basics of family life, as the game and his business activity absorbed him.

All in all, it's a good story, because it's nice when someone like him admits they needed to change, for the betterment of his wife and kids. That's a good thing.
    He might have agreed and changed but I would guess that is because he wanted to save the marriage and to please her. Fair enough on his part to make the sacrifice but I hope there is give and take on both sides and not just her demanding and him caving in.

Anyway, I'm glad he moved to TB because it makes for an interesting story when the season starts. Although I think his best days are behind him to a degree they do have a lot of strong parts on the roster and could be a dangerous team.

He might have agreed and changed but I would guess that is because he wanted to save the marriage and to please her. Fair enough on his part to make the sacrifice but I hope there is give and take on both sides and not just her demanding and him caving in.

Anyway, I'm glad he moved to TB because it makes for an interesting story when the season starts. Although I think his best days are behind him to a degree they do have a lot of strong parts on the roster and could be a dangerous team.
    I think what was resolved in the minds of many yesterday was the fact that he was thinking about leaving prior to last season. The majority saw him staying in NE, right up to the last month.....but he looked/acted different last year. He was annoyed. He was unhappy with his receiving weapons. He was not excited about his contract situation. He failed to come through in the end, and I wonder if part of it had to do with his feelings towards the team. Not that he let up, but maybe some of his motivation had subsided a little.

I'm glad he left. And I am even glad that he seems happy about it.

I think what was resolved in the minds of many yesterday was the fact that he was thinking about leaving prior to last season. The majority saw him staying in NE, right up to the last month.....but he looked/acted different last year. He was annoyed. He was unhappy with his receiving weapons. He was not excited about his contract situation. He failed to come through in the end, and I wonder if part of it had to do with his feelings towards the team. Not that he let up, but maybe some of his motivation had subsided a little.

I'm glad he left. And I am even glad that he seems happy about it.
    I only heard parts of that interview and liked what I heard. I've always liked Brady (mostly), on and off the field. I hope he does well in TB.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

#Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I only heard parts of that interview and liked what I heard. I've always liked Brady (mostly), on and off the field. I hope he does well in TB.
    Are you a wee bit impressed (haha) that I am siding with Brady so much, since the departure. As you probably know, I've been tough on him. But I try to evaluate folks based on what they do going forward, and not let the past be the only measure of assessment. Now, I am still tough on those Pats...but Brady's decision, and his apparent openness of late, and family considerations re: the change, is refreshing. I liked the fact that his son from his previous relationship lives in NY, and he was mindful of being a bit closer than say, LA. Call me a softy, but I am glad he maintains such a closeness with all his children. OK...he needs to do a few more chores, but that's being resolved!

Hey, I was a bit of a Pats fan when they first made it to the SB. I won't expand on why I started to lose favour towards them, but we sports dudes have our reasons....sometimes even a logical one or two.

Are you a wee bit impressed (haha) that I am siding with Brady so much, since the departure. As you probably know, I've been tough on him. But I try to evaluate folks based on what they do going forward, and not let the past be the only measure of assessment. Now, I am still tough on those Pats...but Brady's decision, and his apparent openness of late, and family considerations re: the change, is refreshing. I liked the fact that his son from his previous relationship lives in NY, and he was mindful of being a bit closer than say, LA. Call me a softy, but I am glad he maintains such a closeness with all his children. OK...he needs to do a few more chores, but that's being resolved!

Hey, I was a bit of a Pats fan when they first made it to the SB. I won't expand on why I started to lose favour towards them, but we sports dudes have our reasons....sometimes even a logical one or two.
    I am and I am proud of you. He's said some things that I've been impressed with. He loves the game and it shows.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I am and I am proud of you. He's said some things that I've been impressed with. He loves the game and it shows.
    Hey....that sounds really nice. Thankyou!

You know what, I will be looking forward to watching Brady play in Tampa. I like to think he will have a rebound season.

You know I can't pm you right now....so I will mention again. I post loads of things, but yesterday on your Birthday, I made the mistake of posting another thread in that forum that could have waited. I like you, and I felt like that was unnecessary, given you could use a nice birthday setting, with no other distractions (though Easter weekend does have value to most of us, including you I am quite sure). I didn't think too hard, but when I realized it, I also should have remembered that I can't delete either. That's on me. It may not mean much either way, but yesterday I felt like I could have been a little smarter. I am sorry.

As I sometimes say, no need to reply. I say that with good intentions. Just as long as you get this, I am fine.

Bronx....please check the friend list. I fixed it.

Hey....that sounds really nice. Thankyou!

You know what, I will be looking forward to watching Brady play in Tampa. I like to think he will have a rebound season.

You know I can't pm you right now....so I will mention again. I post loads of things, but yesterday on your Birthday, I made the mistake of posting another thread in that forum that could have waited. I like you, and I felt like that was unnecessary, given you could use a nice birthday setting, with no other distractions (though Easter weekend does have value to most of us, including you I am quite sure). I didn't think too hard, but when I realized it, I also should have remembered that I can't delete either. That's on me. It may not mean much either way, but yesterday I felt like I could have been a little smarter. I am sorry.

As I sometimes say, no need to reply. I say that with good intentions. Just as long as you get this, I am fine.
    I just saw this.

I think a lot of people will be watching Brady. I know I will. I just need to decide if he's going to be my keeper in FF.

I replied to you in the birthday thread. Please don't worry about it. I got enough attention. And I like you, too.
    Administrator

#LupusAwarenessMonth

The majority of the sports reporters in Boston think his not going to OTAís, etc to help save his marriage is a bunch of bunk and donít buy it for one second.

First as you said, NFL players have a lot of off time to be with their families compared to the other athletes of other sports and the majority of full time working people.

Secondly, he said if/when the season begins, he would attend all practices in Tampa.

They believe he had so many other frustrations that made him unhappy, which Iím sure impacted his marriage, but using the excuse of not attending those practices to fix his marriage is ridiculous. He didnít go because he was frustrated about his contact, minimal weapons, and BB not allowing Alex Guerra, his guru on the field, to name a few.

Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    The majority of the sports reporters in Boston think his not going to OTA’s, etc to help save his marriage is a bunch of bunk and don’t buy it for one second.

First as you said, NFL players have a lot of off time to be with their families compared to the other athletes of other sports and the majority of full time working people.

Secondly, he said if/when the season begins, he would attend all practices in Tampa.

They believe he had so many other frustrations that made him unhappy, which I’m sure impacted his marriage, but using the excuse of not attending those practices to fix his marriage is ridiculous. He didn’t go because he was frustrated about his contact, minimal weapons, and BB not allowing Alex Guerra, his guru on the field, to name a few.
    Good post, and good to hear from you.

From what you hear do you think they will go forward with Stidham and have confidence in him, or do people there want to make a play for someone like Cam Newton ?

Good post, and good to hear from you.

From what you hear do you think they will go forward with Stidham and have confidence in him, or do people there want to make a play for someone like Cam Newton ?
    Good morning Bronx (or shall I say good afternoon). Maybe I'm a bit jealous of Tommy. Good looking. Legendary athlete. Tons of hardware and ringies. Piles of money. Good personality. Famous wife (who is pretty cool when you watch her in regular interviews). Also piles of money. They have so much money they probably stick some in the walls of their houses, as a backup for the banks. And it appears they have a really nice family. And now....I might actually be cheering for him!!! He finally drew me in!! Help!!

Hey, good to see your PM looking so well, and clearly winning a life and death battle. Great story! Now I can go on disagreeing with him!

Thx for the invite.....

Good morning Bronx (or shall I say good afternoon). Maybe I'm a bit jealous of Tommy. Good looking. Legendary athlete. Tons of hardware and ringies. Piles of money. Good personality. Famous wife (who is pretty cool when you watch her in regular interviews). Also piles of money. They have so much money they probably stick some in the walls of their houses, as a backup for the banks. And it appears they have a really nice family. And now....I might actually be cheering for him!!! He finally drew me in!! Help!!

Hey, good to see your PM looking so well, and clearly winning a life and death battle. Great story! Now I can go on disagreeing with him!

Thx for the invite.....
    Hey dude, good to hear from you. Hope you and your folks are all keeping well and safe

To be fair I have always liked Brady. I hated NE but Brady always came across as someone who worked hard, loved the game, and had huge respect for other players including PM. He might of had some moments after a loss like anyone but generally he came off as respectful if they got beat.

It should be interesting to see how he does in TB but I'll be rooting for him/them.

Hey dude, good to hear from you. Hope you and your folks are all keeping well and safe

To be fair I have always liked Brady. I hated NE but Brady always came across as someone who worked hard, loved the game, and had huge respect for other players including PM. He might of had some moments after a loss like anyone but generally he came off as respectful if they got beat.

It should be interesting to see how he does in TB but I'll be rooting for him/them.
    Oh no....we might be cheering for another team together!!! What next?

Maybe we will let catch rules go for another day.