Page 12 of 15 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 14 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady?

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I think he's going to the Chargers. He's from Cali and they desperately need a player to up their fan base (bandwagoners).

The Niners would be a dream for him and it would make sense since they were a bad Jimmy G pass away from probably winning a ring. But I can't see the Niners doing that unless, ironically, they trade Jimmy G to New England.

I agree with Can that Tampa doesn't make sense.

I'll throw in a wild card out there just to be different: The New York Jets. Does it make sense? No. But knowing the Jets as I do, nothing they do makes any sense.
    San Fran would have a bit of a LeBron feel, going home. He would love having Kittle wouldn't he!

It would be crazywild if he goes to a team no one is talking about! I think it has to be a team with real potential, and some weapons.

But The Chargers seem so very right for him. Heck, just step in to a good team, near home, with weapons, and the #6 selection in the draft....make that Becton, or one of the other top LTs! Business is so good there for him!
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-17-2020 at 11:47 AM.

[FoxSportsRadio]𝗕𝗥𝗘𝗔𝗞𝗜𝗡𝗚 𝗡𝗘𝗪𝗦: Source Says Tom Brady is Signing With Tampa Bay Bucs Tomorrow.
    https://twitter.com/FoxSportsRadio/s...70723243810826

Brent, I asked in the FA thread why no name sports analyst (Schefter, Rapoport) has mentioned the Brady signing. Wondering why.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Brent, I asked in the FA thread why no name sports analyst (Schefter, Rapoport) has mentioned the Brady signing. Wondering why.
    Yeah who knows. Heard it came from Colin Cowheard. Now seeing it from Dale Arnold.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Yeah who knows. Heard it came from Colin Cowheard. Now seeing it from Dale Arnold.
    It could all be true, but I see nothing from Schefter, Rapoport, or any other site I look at. You'd think the Tampa site would be touting it by now!!??

The Clock Is On......

Even Tom Brady is sick of the Patriots
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Brent, and group, I just heard that The Chargers tried hard, but unless Brady has a change of heart, he's not going there. Brady's inner circle believe he wants to stay East Coast, mainly because of family.

Tampa sounds like the place.....maybe.

I was thinking, Tampa was 7 and 9 this year, but Brady can coax a few more wins....so yeah, make that 10 and 6 or so. Playoffs. And maybe he wants to be close to Drew Brees, as he tries to pass him in TD passes.

Hmmmm, if so, where goes Winston???
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-17-2020 at 03:38 PM.

Sounds official now. Brady will be a Buc!!

Tom Brady vs Drew Brees twice a year is going to be fun to watch.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Tom Brady vs Drew Brees twice a year is going to be fun to watch.
    Haha...old dudes competing for all time TD passes! Should be a lot of shootouts in the NFC South!!!

I am getting this weird sensation, and am actually feeling like Tampa Bay will win at least 10 games, with the Brady effect, as long as he is healthy.

I could see them being a real playoff team.

And now that he has left the "dark side" , I might not even mind him. I am actually looking forward to seeing him play again.

My goodness, he might be a good fantasy pick again, even though he has betrayed me over the last few years when I chose him. (don't chastise me, he usually came cheap!)

I might say 11 wins, because Cynthia Frelund from NFL.com gives Tampa a 3.6 win increase based on Brady alone, and even higher if they address some needs. Rounded up, with no other solid moves, gives them 11.

BTW....it's interesting seeing how folks look when doing shows from home. Some have more make-up, some less. Cynthia looks more natural, like she might look if you bumped into her at the corner store. Like it!
    Last edited by CanDB; 03-18-2020 at 10:55 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am getting this weird sensation, and am actually feeling like Tampa Bay will win at least 10 games, with the Brady effect, as long as he is healthy.

I could see them being a real playoff team.

And now that he has left the "dark side" , I might not even mind him. I am actually looking forward to seeing him play again.

My goodness, he might be a good fantasy pick again, even though he has betrayed me over the last few years when I chose him. (don't chastise me, he usually came cheap!)

I might say 11 wins, because Cynthia Frelund from NFL.com gives Tampa a 3.6 win increase based on Brady alone, and even higher if they address some needs. Rounded up, with no other solid moves, gives them 11.

BTW....it's interesting seeing how folks look when doing shows from home. Some have more make-up, some less. Cynthia looks more natural, like she might look if you bumped into her at the corner store. Like it!
    And what do you feel about the Pats and the Belichick effect?

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    And what do you feel about the Pats and the Belichick effect?
    As to his value? I will assume I got this right, and I will admit that he too has a very real effect on their performance. Sure, they could make the playoffs again this year, with a decent replacement QB. Belichick is one of the best, so I do not pretend they are in a deep hole. But I don't see many replacements who could win the way Brady did, even with BB and good teams. I see them as a small threat and nothing more. These are times for me to admit that Brady worked some magic for them that few others could.

Itís actually about as good a spot as possible for him to be successful. As the arm continues to wear down itíll be less noticeable playing in a conference that features 2 domed teams and 2 warmer climates.