Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 5 13 14 15 16 LastLast
Results 211 to 225 of 232

Thread: Tom Brady?

  1. #211
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    hampshire,england
    Posts
    12,978
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Oh no....we might be cheering for another team together!!! What next?

    Maybe we will let catch rules go for another day.
    lol, TB can be our second team this season

    You were probably right about the catch rules

  2. #212
    Join Date
    Mar 2012
    Location
    Boston
    Posts
    19,529
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    Good post, and good to hear from you.

    From what you hear do you think they will go forward with Stidham and have confidence in him, or do people there want to make a play for someone like Cam Newton ?
    There’s lots of mixed reviews. One day you’ll hear how great Stidham looks, then another camp says he’s not ready.

    There’s been some concern that there doesn’t seem to be a clear plan yet for QB. I don’t hear much love for Cam at all but believe if they go for him, it will be on the cheap.

  3. #213
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,552
    Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    lol, TB can be our second team this season

    You were probably right about the catch rules
    Haha!

    Hey, I can be a real pain you know where on rules and stuff. Sorry!

  4. #214
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,916
    I was going to embolden text that I wanted to reply to buy I'm on mobile and my fingers feel extra fat today.

    Anybody - ANYBODY - is free to express their opinion in a respectful manner. What may get lost in this is the fact there is a Code of Conduct, so 'free' comes with an expressed set of rules and guidelines that every single user agrees to when they created their account - you, me, and everyone else.

    This is a private site hosted by the Denver Broncos and we are grateful for their commitment to us fans for this. As such it's worth noting, this is primarily a football forum so the rules are in place for that purpose. Any posts that are removed are done so in accordance with these rules. A post may also be removed for quoting a post that was removed. Never are actions taken simply to "mess around" with anything. No offense intended but that is naive.

    The Code of Conduct is posted here

    If you or anyone has any further questions on this topic please create a Community Issues thread or PM a mod.

    This thread will return to the topic.
    Last edited by Rastic; 04-13-2020 at 06:08 PM.

  5. #215
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,552
    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    There’s lots of mixed reviews. One day you’ll hear how great Stidham looks, then another camp says he’s not ready.

    There’s been some concern that there doesn’t seem to be a clear plan yet for QB. I don’t hear much love for Cam at all but believe if they go for him, it will be on the cheap.
    What's up J?

    Not heard from you for a while.

  6. #216
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    MD
    Posts
    16,306
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Hey....that sounds really nice. Thankyou!

    You know what, I will be looking forward to watching Brady play in Tampa. I like to think he will have a rebound season.

    You know I can't pm you right now....so I will mention again. I post loads of things, but yesterday on your Birthday, I made the mistake of posting another thread in that forum that could have waited. I like you, and I felt like that was unnecessary, given you could use a nice birthday setting, with no other distractions (though Easter weekend does have value to most of us, including you I am quite sure). I didn't think too hard, but when I realized it, I also should have remembered that I can't delete either. That's on me. It may not mean much either way, but yesterday I felt like I could have been a little smarter. I am sorry.

    As I sometimes say, no need to reply. I say that with good intentions. Just as long as you get this, I am fine.
    Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I just saw this.

    I think a lot of people will be watching Brady. I know I will. I just need to decide if he's going to be my keeper in FF.

    I replied to you in the birthday thread. Please don't worry about it. I got enough attention. And I like you, too.
    Can, in case you missed it (since you mentioned it again). It's all good.

    Quote Originally Posted by broncoslover115 View Post
    There’s lots of mixed reviews. One day you’ll hear how great Stidham looks, then another camp says he’s not ready.

    There’s been some concern that there doesn’t seem to be a clear plan yet for QB. I don’t hear much love for Cam at all but believe if they go for him, it will be on the cheap.
    Good to see you. Hope you're doing well.
    Administrator


    #LupusAwarenessMonth

    #Asian/Pacific American Heritage Month - Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe

    "a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

  7. #217
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,653
    He just pulled Gronk out of retirement. Tampa Bay is seriously trying to make a run at it this year

  8. #218
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,552
    Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    He just pulled Gronk out of retirement. Tampa Bay is seriously trying to make a run at it this year
    So true! I mentioned that, if they draft a good Oliner (or two), add a quality back, and strengthen their D with the other picks, this team will have a legit shot.

    Brady will have big time receivers, and Gronk will not have to be the focus. But my goodness, imagine how good an O who does not need to rely on Gronk.

    I believe strongly that Brady and Gronk needed a mental time out. They are probably both elated to play for Arians, and with the idea of going for it all over again. In any career, even with some aging/dents in the armour, if given a new lease on life, it is amazing how productive one can be.

    Tampa is going to make the playoffs....and might go far!

  9. #219
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,552
    In my opinion, the Brady/Gronk effect will be similar to the Manning effect here. Manning was still very productive when he came, but the injury was an unknown, and he was not exactly a youngster. The upside was worth the effort by Elway, and will always be one of his finest maneuvers. 2 SB visits, 1 championship, and a load of wins and records....and though not all Manning, definitely a good chunk of it, as well as the players that probably came here because of him!

    Brady is healthy, and though his stats were not great, he is motivated, and he will have weapons. Gronk, even if they employ some form of load management, can make big plays, and key plays....and with his new WR studs, will be extremely hard to contain. Ds can not double up on any of these guys.

    And I really do believe both are motivated, and have a new mission in life. To win a championship for a team that really wants them.
    Last edited by CanDB; 04-22-2020 at 07:29 AM.

  10. #220
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Location
    the gulf of mexico
    Posts
    16,830
    I see Tom Brady took a page out of the Chad Kelly playbook. If only he got chased out with a vacuum hose

  11. #221
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,552
    Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I see Tom Brady took a page out of the Chad Kelly playbook. If only he got chased out with a vacuum hose
    Funny story. I like to think Tom is a clean living guy, but he can't get the Belichick out of him....."hey, maybe if I just walk into this house for a minute I can at least steal a cookbook."


  12. #222
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,552
    With the addition of Fournette, along with Godwin, Evans, Gronk, Howard, Brate, Jones II, McCoy, maybe rookie Vaughn, and support from a big, new Tackle - Wirfs, I can see this O making a lot of noise this year.

    This is a good opportunity for Fournette to show what he can do. It's up to him.

    As for Brady.....this must seem like a dream come true, all this O talent. And I expect him to perform better than last year...not sure how much better just yet. But he's going to enjoy football again, and without seeing that grouch at HC.

    It will depend on the D to determine how far this club goes.

  13. #223
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Las Manzanitas, NM
    Posts
    31,766
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    With the addition of Fournette, along with Godwin, Evans, Gronk, Howard, Brate, Jones II, McCoy, maybe rookie Vaughn, and support from a big, new Tackle - Wirfs, I can see this O making a lot of noise this year.

    This is a good opportunity for Fournette to show what he can do. It's up to him.

    As for Brady.....this must seem like a dream come true, all this O talent. And I expect him to perform better than last year...not sure how much better just yet. But he's going to enjoy football again, and without seeing that grouch at HC.

    It will depend on the D to determine how far this club goes.
    The last time Leonard Fournette played in Mile High Stadium, he rushed for 225 yards on 29 attempts. After that, Vic Fangio started Mike Purcell and Alexander Johnson and the D held Derrick Henry to 28 yards on 15 attempts two weeks later. We get to see both of those guys again and the Broncos know what they need to do; stop the run.
    "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

  14. #224
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    36,552
    Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    The last time Leonard Fournette played in Mile High Stadium, he rushed for 225 yards on 29 attempts. After that, Vic Fangio started Mike Purcell and Alexander Johnson and the D held Derrick Henry to 28 yards on 15 attempts two weeks later. We get to see both of those guys again and the Broncos know what they need to do; stop the run.
    Those first few games are going to be very, very interesting! It might tell us a lot about Tennessee, it might tell us a lot about Tampa, but it will certainly tell us a lot about our Broncs.

  15. #225
    Join Date
    Feb 2004
    Location
    Nelson, BC
    Posts
    19,366
    Nothing like Tampa buying a team.., Brady must be drooling.

    I can see the NFL pushing the story of Brady winning on two teams, Bellichek v Brady in the super bowl... blah blah..
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

    Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •