Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady?

I can see it happening, I think hes definitely going to try and play to 45 like he said. But at the same time you can see a gradual decline in his play. Hes still very good and would likely take his new team to the playoffs maybe even a super bowl, I could see him coming to Denver for the same reasons Manning did honestly, but he could go almost anywhere.

Tom Brady isn't going anywhere. He'll either play for the Pats, or retire.

Quote Originally Posted by Hph5 View Post
    There are rumors(possibly bogus) swirling that Brady is setting up to leave New England. If true...would you want him here? Denver seems like a likely destination if he were to leave.
    Why would Denver be a likely destination?

I think ultimately Brady's relationship with Mr. Kraft is too strong, and this alone has dissuaded him from joining another team.

With Belichick running the defense in earnest, Brady only has to be as good as Jeff Hostetler or Phil Simms for them to win it all. Hell the Jets with Testaverde gave us a 30 minute scare with one of the best teams in league history. I can see this carrying on until one of them quits, and the Patriots won't stop being contenders until BB retires, Idt. For all we know though, BB could retire after this season, and Brady could move on. I just doubt that he would. Brady seems like the type who would either retire with the team who gave him a shot, or want to prove everyone he can win w/o BB. For the record, I think the latter would be a terrible move, but Brady is competitive enough to do it anyway.
    Last edited by Spice 1; 10-25-2019 at 07:38 AM.

Moving this from the Flacco thread.

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Signing Brady would be a huge gamble, IMO. Father Time is undefeated and it's just a matter of time before decline sets in -- it could happen at any moment for Brady now in his forties. Combine this factor with our perennial O-Line issues, Scangarello's learning curve, and our current "luck" around the position and the result is...
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Father time had defeated Peyton by 2015. We still got a SB out of it.
    True, but we had a monstrous, historically-great D to make up for QB mistakes and deficiency. The current one is good but not quite that. Could it elevate to that level next year? I guess it's possible but signing Brady would probably drain much of the FA budget so it would have to built out of the draft which really needs to focus on OL, IMO. I just don't think signing another aging vet QB is a good idea, but I don't know, nobody does, which is why I said "gamble". I suppose it could work out if fortune finally smiles on this team again.
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

Quote Originally Posted by L.M. View Post
    Moving this from the Flacco thread.

True, but we had a monstrous, historically-great D to make up for QB mistakes and deficiency. The current one is good but not quite that. Could it elevate to that level next year? I guess it's possible but signing Brady would probably drain much of the FA budget so it would have to built out of the draft which really needs to focus on OL, IMO. I just don't think signing another aging vet QB is a good idea, but I don't know, nobody does, which is why I said "gamble". I suppose it could work out if fortune finally smiles on this team again.
    I think a what is already a top 10 defense going into year 2 under Fangio should be more than enough to make us a very serious Super Bowl threat if we had Brady.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    I think a what is already a top 10 defense going into year 2 under Fangio should be more than enough to make us a very serious Super Bowl threat if we had Brady.
    Then there's the question of how he fits our O. Scangarello is running Shanahan's O quite different from Josh McDoof's. Does a novice like Scange have the chops -the knowledge and adaptability for Brady when he seems to have trouble adapting in-game? Do we see Brady in 'compromise' pistol formations like Kubes did for Manning? There was heavy criticism of that here back then IIRC. Or do we bring in a new Brady-friendly OC or promote Munchak to OC?
    Superbowl 50 MVP Von Miller on February 7th, 2016

I wouldn't mind seeing him here. But if there's no improvement in the o-line, I doubt if that happens.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

I really don't think he'll go anywhere, but to add to the fire.

From Yahoo Sports (not putting the link because they change it):

Mohamed Sanu met with media on Friday, after being traded from the Atlanta Falcons to the Patriots earlier this week. The receiver said that he got a direct message from Brady just after the trade.

“He DM’d me when I first got traded, he said welcome and everything like that, how he was excited, and then he said if I wanted 12 I could get it and I was like, ‘nah’,” Sanu said, shaking his head and smiling. “You got that. I’ll change to 14.”

Sanu was asked if he offered Brady anything for his now-iconic number.

“Nooo,” Sanu said. “I just go out there and do my job and let him be great.”

Sanu has worn No. 12 throughout his NFL career, though he wore No. 6 while at Rutgers
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

Not sure anyone in Pats world would buy in to Sanu taking #12. They'd boo him. I think the fans alone could reject that idea. Brady might be a nicer guy than many of us think, but given his legacy, that would be a misstep on his part.....if you ask me.

It would be like Elway giving away #7 for an decent but sort of average receiver.

The player and the # are both part of the iconic stature.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Not sure anyone in Pats world would buy in to Sanu taking #12. They'd boo him. I think the fans alone could reject that idea. Brady might be a nicer guy than many of us think, but given his legacy, that would be a misstep on his part.....if you ask me.

It would be like Elway giving away #7 for an decent but sort of average receiver.

The player and the # are both part of the iconic stature.
    Well in Elways case it would have to be a quarterback, punter, or kicker but I think fans would get over someone else wearing #12 if Brady decided to switch to a different number but stayed on the team.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Well in Elway’s case it would have to be a quarterback, punter, or kicker but I think fans would get over someone else wearing #12 if Brady decided to switch to a different number but stayed on the team.
    But you know it wouldn't happen, right? Sanu???

Quote Originally Posted by Peanut View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing him here. But if there's no improvement in the o-line, I doubt if that happens.
    My question would be why would he want to keep playing? He's achieved absolutely everything in the game and has earned the ability to retire on his terms, and not due to age or injury.

Also, having been a winner since very early on in his career, why would he want to go to another team with slimmer prospects of success (I.e every other team).

For these reasons, when he analyses his options at the end of the season I think he'll just retire.

Quote Originally Posted by GMTD View Post
    My question would be why would he want to keep playing? He's achieved absolutely everything in the game and has earned the ability to retire on his terms, and not due to age or injury.

Also, having been a winner since very early on in his career, why would he want to go to another team with slimmer prospects of success (I.e every other team).

For these reasons, when he analyses his options at the end of the season I think he'll just retire.
    Brady is as fierce a competitor as anyone in sports. If the Pats decided to move on from Brady, I could definitely see Tom trying to have a go of at least one more year with a different team.

Was the same with Manning. He was hardly a spring chicken when the Colts let him go, but he still had all the love and passion for the game in him. And there were plenty of teams interested. If Brady is available, he'll have half the league trying to sign him.

And I think that Brady loves this game enough that he'll keep playing until he has the same kind of dropoff that Manning did in his last season.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    But you know it wouldn't happen, right? Sanu???
    I doubt it would happen but it depends on how sincere the offer was.

Im sure Brady was joking.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wont Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!