Page 3 of 15 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 13 ... LastLast

Thread: Tom Brady?

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    I doubt it would happen but it depends on how sincere the offer was.

I’m sure Brady was joking.
    Yeah....don't get me wrong, Sanu is a good find for them, and averages about 50 receptions per season, but even I, a non Brady type, associate him with the #12. Probably was joking as you say.

Could This Be Brady's Last Game As A Patriot?

Though it is unlikely for more than one reason, if The Titans could provide the upset, Tom Brady may never play for The Patriots again. Sure, The Pats don't tend to lose in Foxboro, and as far as any of us know, Brady will stick with his team, given he says he wants to play for years.

But.....The Titans are a competitive team. Tannehill has come from nowhere, Henry is a major load, and the team has made noises that they are not going away without a fight. It's this simple, a loss and The Pats are one and done, after losing their bye to the lowly Dolphins last week, at home.

And though there is no evidence to support, there have been more rumours this year about Brady than I can remember....whether fabricated or not. One thing that resonates....he seems a little disgruntled about something this year. It may be nothing. It may just be a guy who expects more from his team/organization.

So....not saying tomorrow is his last game as a Pat, because, one - they have to lose, and two - he has to leave the organization....which is not something that seems likely.

BUT, even if they win, I still think there's some smoke. To be continued......

I don't think anyone knows at this point. The rumors are so lukewarm.

For the Patriots 2020 season, Tom would need to make the decision as early as possible so they can prepare either way. Don't do like Luck did.

If I had to guess, I would say he retires if the Pats win the Super Bowl but he comes back for one last hurrah if they don't.

Quote Originally Posted by DevilSpawn View Post
    I don't think anyone knows at this point. The rumors are so lukewarm.

For the Patriots 2020 season, Tom would need to make the decision as early as possible so they can prepare either way. Don't do like Luck did.

If I had to guess, I would say he retires if the Pats win the Super Bowl but he comes back for one last hurrah if they don't.
    Hey pal, for me it's irony perhaps, but the team you have on your post (as in, they suck) seems like a good destination, if he goes anywhere. Now, Rivers has to move over, but Brady is familiar with Southern Cal, and that teams has all sorts of O weapons. But hey, that's just a wild guess on my part. Odds are, as you say, he does not leave for another team.

And to be honest, I am not sure he is the QB he once was. Certainly not more mobile. But he's still better than most, if given the time to throw.

At this stage of his career I really don't know why Brady would move anywhere, just can't see it happening. He is familiar with NE, Belicheck, the system, Foxboro, etc.......... why would he uproot all of that ?

Its not like some older QB's who are moved on by teams, I imagine NE will let him play as long as he wants to or if he has a couple of bad years and it looks like he is finished.

NE are in a similar situation to us where they have a good D but need a couple more weapons and to solidify the OL, my guess is they try to do that in the offseason and Brady is back for another go at the SB.

I would be amazed if Brady is not lining up as the NE QB week 1 next year.......... its not like they even have a successor ready to supplant him.

Quote Originally Posted by bronx_2003 View Post
    At this stage of his career I really don't know why Brady would move anywhere, just can't see it happening. He is familiar with NE, Belicheck, the system, Foxboro, etc.......... why would he uproot all of that ?

Its not like some older QB's who are moved on by teams, I imagine NE will let him play as long as he wants to or if he has a couple of bad years and it looks like he is finished.

NE are in a similar situation to us where they have a good D but need a couple more weapons and to solidify the OL, my guess is they try to do that in the offseason and Brady is back for another go at the SB.

I would be amazed if Brady is not lining up as the NE QB week 1 next year.......... its not like they even have a successor ready to supplant him.
    If he moves, itís an ego thing or he is really just dead set on playing until heís 45 or whatever number heís throwing out now. But despite all his success there will still be people that say he was a system QB, just like people did for Montana. Brady doesnít want that for his legacy so I do think itís likely he ends up playing for another organization. I doubt he pulls a Favre and goes within the division but I also donít think he likes having so much of his legacy tied to Bill Belicheck. I do think he wants to leave to prove he can do it somewhere else and heíll probably want the Patriots to fail without him so the narrative can only be Tom Brady was the best no matter the system or the coach.

Yeah, I'd be shocked if he didn't retire a Patriot.

If he went anywhere, my money would be on LA unless Carolina hired McDaniels. There's just no way I see that ever happening, though. I'd also be surprised if he retires this year unless they win the SB (not gunna happen).
    Last edited by Spice 1; 01-03-2020 at 11:01 PM.

But Bronx.....that would be The Pats' mistake not his. They should not assume he will keep playing. In fact, given his production this year, I think they'd be foolish not to be considering a serious backup.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    If he moves, it’s an ego thing or he is really just dead set on playing until he’s 45 or whatever number he’s throwing out now. But despite all his success there will still be people that say he was a system QB, just like people did for Montana. Brady doesn’t want that for his legacy so I do think it’s likely he ends up playing for another organization. I doubt he pulls a Favre and goes within the division but I also don’t think he likes having so much of his legacy tied to Bill Belicheck. I do think he wants to leave to prove he can do it somewhere else and he’ll probably want the Patriots to fail without him so the narrative can only be Tom Brady was the best no matter the system or the coach.
    I think you are correct about the possibilities, even though he may not leave. He has a ton of reasons to be proud of his career, but when you are at the elite level, and comparisons are made, some will not choose him given the Belichick situation, and possibly, the "system" label. Of course none of us think he is "just" a system bi product. Even the biggest haters must give him his dues.

But listening to Belichick and him on the NFL Top 100, when they discussed Manning's great legacy, it was clear that Peyton was the QB/Coach/OC often, whereas almost every QB who ever played was a QB and not too much more than that capacity. Yes, many had a hand in the plays, but no one did it the way Manning did. And therefore I can see Brady wanting to make another statement as to why he is the best. Plus I do think that he is not as excited about the Pats as he once was. The rumours suggest he has differences this year.

All in all, I may be wasting time thinking about it, because the odds are against him leaving. BUT, it hit me recently, given The Titans' solid play, and the loss to Miami, that this could be the last game of The Pats' season...and if so, time will tell what Brady is up to.

People say about Brady having a tarnished reputation because of BB, which I think is rubbish as its obvious he is a special QB, but I think the bigger question mark is BB..... he is a great HC but people are quick to say he is the greatest ever but he has only done it with Brady..... the GOAT.

BB failed at Cleveland, and if NE crash out tonight and continue to struggle into next season it just coincides with Brady getting older, rather then BB having the midas touch, and if he walks away when Brady leaves or retires instead of re-building another contender then he still has some question marks IMO.

Its the same with McD, its easy to look good with the best ever QB, but he struggled in St Louis as the OC, was terrible in Denver as the HC, and all his success is tied to Brady.

Is BB a great coach ? Yes........ but he has not proven he can win without Brady at QB, which any other coach in history would kill for.

No one would say Kubiak or Fox are legendary HC's but during the 4 years they had PM here we were more successful then NE in terms of wins, head to head, and SB appearances........... I think that is quite telling.

People say about Brady having a tarnished reputation because of BB, which I think is rubbish as its obvious he is a special QB, but I think the bigger question mark is BB..... he is a great HC but people are quick to say he is the greatest ever but he has only done it with Brady..... the GOAT.

BB failed at Cleveland, and if NE crash out tonight and continue to struggle into next season it just coincides with Brady getting older, rather then BB having the midas touch, and if he walks away when Brady leaves or retires instead of re-building another contender then he still has some question marks IMO.

Its the same with McD, its easy to look good with the best ever QB, but he struggled in St Louis as the OC, was terrible in Denver as the HC, and all his success is tied to Brady.

Is BB a great coach ? Yes........ but he has not proven he can win without Brady at QB, which any other coach in history would kill for.

No one would say Kubiak or Fox are legendary HC's but during the 4 years they had PM here we were more successful then NE in terms of wins, head to head, and SB appearances........... I think that is quite telling.
    Interesting perspective. But Jimmy G gave them a chance when Brady was hurt, and he was not nearly as good a QB back then.

As much as I do not like BB, I think he is easily one of the best. His game planning and ability to change the plan during the game are a big piece of why the pats have won so often. Plus he has a great D mind.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Interesting perspective. But Jimmy G gave them a chance when Brady was hurt, and he was not nearly as good a QB back then.

As much as I do not like BB, I think he is easily one of the best. His game planning and ability to change the plan during the game are a big piece of why the pats have won so often. Plus he has a great D mind.
    Jimmy G and Brisset. Plus thereís Matt Cassell who did go 10-6 despite missing the playoffs. The teams were still very talented but those guys would be the go to for an argument against B.B.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Jimmy G and Brisset. Plus there’s Matt Cassell who did go 10-6 despite missing the playoffs. The teams were still very talented but those guys would be the go to for an argument against B.B.
    I actually meant Cassell. Thx.

Brady will retire, BB will retire and Baby Hoodie will take over.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    Brady will retire, BB will retire and Baby Hoodie will take over.
    And chowder won't ever taste as good again in New England.