Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4
    I think what’s more surprising is that Mullens or Beathard weren’t included in this deal

Glad ES is going to a contender. He was probably outside of von. The classiest best bronco we have had here in some while. Along with CHJ. But the fact that he demands a trade behind the scenes and that doesn’t get out and lower his value shows the real class that he is. Cause if he would have came out and publically demanded a trade. We wouldn’t of gotten a 3rd. Good trade all along. Opens up some much needed money as well.

Quote Originally Posted by Montoya View Post
    Glad ES is going to a contender. He was probably outside of von. The classiest best bronco we have had here in some while. Along with CHJ. But the fact that he demands a trade behind the scenes and that doesn’t get out and lower his value shows the real class that he is. Cause if he would have came out and publically demanded a trade. We wouldn’t of gotten a 3rd. Good trade all along. Opens up some much needed money as well.
    I took note of that too. He's not a dumb WR. He kept it out of the media. Media is a wildcard and could have blown up the possibility of ES desires. However, his behavior was definitely a strong sign of things to come ...... especially in hindsight. He wasn't happy and he's a passionate guy.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    I think what’s more surprising is that Mullens or Beathard weren’t included in this deal
    Right I would have taken Mullens in a Heart Beat ! Not Beathard.

It certainly appears that Elway understands the Broncos DESPERATE situation by trading one of the most talented members of the team for the uncertainty of a couple of Draft Picks. Unfortunately, those 2 Picks are highly unlikely to replace the level of talent that just left the organization. Especially when you consider Elway's consistent failures in the Draft.

Oh well, it appears the Broncos are in the process of regressing to the level of play of the late 60s and early 70s, when I first started following the Broncos.

Quote Originally Posted by pozbaird View Post
    Broncos moving into re-build mode. It’s sad to see a player like Sanders leave, but looking at it coldly, it’s a fair trade for both teams, and a good move for Sanders. There are clearly many issues affecting the Broncos, not least morale within the current roster for the rest of this season, but the biggest issue is letting Elway loose on a bunch of draft picks. He’ll likely draft two cheerleaders from THE Ohio State University.
    I understand where this sentiment comes from, believe me, I do....Osweiler, Lynch, Roby, that Wisconsin RB not in the league anymore, all the O-lineman that have been garbage, Latimer, etc., etc., etc., BUT...the last 2 years have been better, or am I wrong? We got Chubb, Sutton, Freeman, Hamilton (getting better), Risner, Fant (Hopefully will get better), Lock (unknown), Dremont Jones, Justin Hollins, and picked up Lindsay in free agency. In my mind his drafting is trending up. If you still want to grade on the average and say he's a terrible talent evaluator, I can understand that, but it feels like people are judging with their feelings more than with their eyes. I get that this team has huge holes, and he's responsible for every player on the roster. All I'm saying is it seems like his drafts have gotten better.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Well that just sucks.....
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Farewell Emmanuel. You played with more heart than most of your teammates (cough... DT... cough), left it all out there on the field, and laid it completely out to take hits that made me cringe. The post-SB50 broncos didn't deserve your talent and HEART. You were my favorite bronco after #18 left. Best of luck on your new team.

Sanders was my favorite WR throughout his years as Bronco. Couldn't help but wonder what Elway's comments were in regards to the Titans game.... Was that when Sanders asked to be traded, or was it something else. Best of luck to him in San Francisco ... Glad he was a Bronco for as long as he was.

Adopted Bronco - 2016/17 - Trevor Siemian
    Adopted Bronco - 2017/18 - Chris Harris Jr. # 25 to every player he covers
    Adopted Bronco - 2018/19 - Derek Wolfe
    Adopted Bronco - 2019/20 - Shelby Harris

Just went to nfl.com to see this plastered on their main page: