Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Wow Elway a Comments are pretty strong why he is gone.

now they'll trade harris im sure for probably 3rd rounder

Excellent value for a 32 year old No.2 receiver coming off a major injury and in the last year of his contract. I understand Sanders ask for the trade after the loss to the Chiefs so he wins in this as well by going to a contender.

Quote Originally Posted by Narco View Post
    Excellent value for a 32 year old No.2 receiver coming off a major injury and in the last year of his contract. I understand Sanders ask for the trade after the loss to the Chiefs so he wins in this as well by going to a contender.
    I agree now we gotta hope Elway can hit gold with all or most of these picks next year because we have a lot of holes

I think we made out like bandits.

3rd and 4th for a 32 year old receiver coming off a major injury in the last year of his contract?

Highway robbery.

Hoping we can get a 2nd for Harris. A 4th for Wolfe.

I’d trade Von for two firsts if someone offered. Especially a team with false hope like the Browns or Titans.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Please don't take this as insulting, because it's not meant to be, but you don't see fair value because you're not honestly assessing the players. Sanders' contract is up at the end of the year, meaning San Fran gave up a 3rd and a 4th with a 5 rounder coming back for 10 games. New England gave up a second because they are getting Sanu for 25 games (9 this year, 16 next), if they want. Also, Sanu doesn't have the injury concerns Sanders has had, AND he is 2 years younger. It's not just all about who is the best player. Head to head, yeah, I take Sanders all day. But without knowing if we can re-sign him next season, or if he'll be healthy, and knowing Sanu is 2 years younger with a lot less wear on his body? That's a different story.
    Yeah that all sounds good but the value was stupid no matter how you slice it. Sanu won’t be on that team next season they can cut him with no dead money. Gordon and Dorsett aren’t going to break the bank to be resigned and they’re both better than Sanu is right now. Then the Patriots are getting N’Keal Harry back pretty soon and they have Jakobi Meyers who stepped in well this season and had a strong preseason. Gunner Olszewski is their return man and likely heir apparent to Edelman in the slot. Sanu might not make it through the season if he can’t get up to speed on the playbook fast enough.

Gordon, Dorsett, or Edelman’s injuries may be more serious than were being led to believe or Gordon has to “step away” again. Even then it still makes no sense, I doubt the Falcons believed it when they got the offer.

Next up.....Flacco and Bolles...Except how much will we pay for someone to take them?

Quote Originally Posted by MHOC View Post
    Wow Elway a Comments are pretty strong why he is gone.
    Sounds like the Broncos believe Sanders quit during the Titans game and then when they called him out on it he asked for the trade.

Surprised they had him play Thursday night based on this, although it sounds like they were really REALLY trying to win the game, which is a pretty scary thought.

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Sounds like the Broncos believe Sanders quit during the Titans game and then when they called him out on it he asked for the trade.

Surprised they had him play Thursday night based on this, although it sounds like they were really REALLY trying to win the game, which is a pretty scary thought.
    Flacco quit after the first drive last Thursday night. Too bad Elway won’t call him out. Why would any talented player want to be in Denver with the way Elway (and Ellis) have destroyed the team?

Quote Originally Posted by dipablo View Post
    am i the only one that feels we didn't get good value here?

Sanu just went for a 2nd rd pick. He is 30 only 2 years younger then sanders. Sanders is still much better then Sanu, Sanders will be there #1, Sanu will be behind Gordon and Edleman.
    The market was set at a 2nd and it feels like we took less.

the 2rd pick value at spot 32 is 270

3rd at spot 32 is 116, 4th at spot 32 is 44, 5th at spot 32 is 27

116+44-27=133

I used 32 spot as both the the niners and pats could be at 32 next draft. I understand it could vary. i dont see how we got fair value when Sanu set the market.
    Sanu is irrelevant to the Sanders trade.

The Patriots gave what they were willing to give for whatever reason.

The Broncos were willing to accept what they accepted for whatever reason, part of which is that Sanders requested a trade.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I won’t Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Broncos moving into re-build mode. It’s sad to see a player like Sanders leave, but looking at it coldly, it’s a fair trade for both teams, and a good move for Sanders. There are clearly many issues affecting the Broncos, not least morale within the current roster for the rest of this season, but the biggest issue is letting Elway loose on a bunch of draft picks. He’ll likely draft two cheerleaders from THE Ohio State University.

sad thing is I don't think we are moving into rebuild mode. Sounds like Elway made this decision based on certain circumstances ......... and those circumstances aren't at all common with other players on this roster. It's not about a firesale. I wish it was. Because it would precipitate a faster turnaround. Yes we'd be a worse team in the short run. But in the long run we'd have hope
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by Kansas Bob View Post
    If the Super Bowl ends up being anybody Vs. NE, go anybody other than NE!
    Yup. I would root for the devil himself over NE.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    sad thing is I don't think we are moving into rebuild mode. Sounds like Elway made this decision based on certain circumstances ......... and those circumstances aren't at all common with other players on this roster. It's not about a firesale. I wish it was. Because it would precipitate a faster turnaround. Yes we'd be a worse team in the short run. But in the long run we'd have hope
    That’s the scary thing, they’ve been so delusional about state of this team the last few years. We talk about orange tinted glasses, well Elway’s glasses are tinted the orangest and it’s lead to many of the terrible decisions he’s made the last few years.

There was nothing indicting this team was going to compete this year, the entire media knew it along with 95% of the fans. Yet Elway was convinced everybody was wrong, he built this team like it was 1 or 2 players away. Sanders should’ve been traded before the draft, when we could’ve got something to help this year, instead he drags it out with a player who didn’t want to be here because Flacco was going to turn everything around this year.

Until the front office starts evaluating this team realistically, they’re going to keep getting the same results.

Quote Originally Posted by Letswinplz77 View Post
    Please don't take this as insulting, because it's not meant to be, but you don't see fair value because you're not honestly assessing the players. Sanders' contract is up at the end of the year, meaning San Fran gave up a 3rd and a 4th with a 5 rounder coming back for 10 games. New England gave up a second because they are getting Sanu for 25 games (9 this year, 16 next), if they want. Also, Sanu doesn't have the injury concerns Sanders has had, AND he is 2 years younger. It's not just all about who is the best player. Head to head, yeah, I take Sanders all day. But without knowing if we can re-sign him next season, or if he'll be healthy, and knowing Sanu is 2 years younger with a lot less wear on his body? That's a different story.
    Yea i didnt look at sanu's remaining years. Still feels light to me but it is what it is.

BCMB Div I - AB's Etsy Shop | BCMB FF Smackdown - Cold Feet