Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Yeah, and everyone was saying that for the Chargers game too.....
    Man look at the chargers record vs the viks....the viks def is waaaay better and will have flacco seeing ghost too. Not a good comparison at all.

Quote Originally Posted by Vikefan1st View Post
    I would have agreed with that until the Buffalo game last year in MPLS...

In reality the Vikings are the Broncos (offense wise at least) with better personnel to run the Shanny/Kubiak spread run stuff...

Bottom Line is Both these teams do not have enough O Line talent to pocket pass downfield against a competent defense...Vikes have just have had the talent to overcome it
    What viks are you watching??? Have you seen their last 3 games. Kirk is the best qb in that time. 10-2 td int....cook...and smith coming on as a te....idk what viks yall see.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I really loathe the idea of trotting Flacco out there for another season and a half. The funny thing is, I truly believe Elway's approach of bridge QB/developmental QB is his way of building for the future. Problem is, the way he does it, the future never comes.
    Yeah.....I feel like it's becoming sort of like this the last few seasons:

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

LOL. Spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    Yeah, and everyone was saying that for the Chargers game too.....
    No, everyone wasnít saying that for the Chargers game. Some were but not everyone.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post

WoW So very very True.

To be honest I hope that they lose the Next 9 in a row because with Joe Blow Starting they will not win anymore anyways so lets just get this over with already once again a season with no hope all because of the the QB position now if they do activate Drew then there just might be hope however as of now there is no hope.

The mild joy from a high draft pick consolation prize only lasted a couple of years. Seeing the horrendous drafting Broncos have done thereís no joy left in another badly losing season.

Successful teams like Seahawks, Saints and Patriots have consistently drafted way lower and done a much better job building a formidable roster.

Quote Originally Posted by River Side View Post
    The mild joy from a high draft pick consolation prize only lasted a couple of years. Seeing the horrendous drafting Broncos have done thereís no joy left in another badly losing season.

Successful teams like Seahawks, Saints and Patriots have consistently drafted way lower and done a much better job building a formidable roster.
    They also have Hall of Fame QBs. It's a lot easier to develop talent elsewhere when you aren't worried about the most inportant position in football. How many picks have the Seahawks missed on? How many have the Patriots? I'm willing to bet they have just as many missed draft picks we've had, you just don't hear about those guys because they have great QBs that keep them in Super Bowl contention despite holes on other positions on their depth charts.

Quote Originally Posted by River Side View Post

Last I checked Denver has won a Superbowl more recently than Seattle and New Orleans and they have their franchise QBs still and coaches.
    Peyton and Kubiak both retired.

The patriots have a system and they fill the needs Mainly through bargain free agents.
    Key players like Michel, Mcourtney, and Hightower were high draft picks.

They donít play guys til they are ready,
    Second rd pick cb duke Dawson never saw the field ( traded too us after one year).

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Last I checked Denver has won a Superbowl more recently than Seattle and New Orleans and they have their franchise QBs still and coaches.
    Peyton and Kubiak both retired.

The patriots have a system and they fill the needs Mainly through bargain free agents.
    Key players like Michel, Mcourtney, and Hightower were high draft picks.

They donít play guys til they are ready,
    Second rd pick cb duke Dawson never saw the field ( traded too us after one year).
    The Patriots play whoever does well in their system, draft pick or not. They can afford to do this because they have a QB and a coach who knows how to run the team. On the other hand, we play rookie top picks no matter what, except if you're a QB. It's the worst form of competition that's ever existed, and is showing to be a huge issue right now.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    The Patriots play whoever does well in their system, draft pick or not. They can afford to do this because they have a QB and a coach who knows how to run the team. On the other hand, we play rookie top picks no matter what, except if you're a QB. It's the worst form of competition that's ever existed, and is showing to be a huge issue right now.
    Your right they have a HOF QB and HOF Coach. What about the other 30 teams.

Elway built the last team to beat the Pats, NO other teams have beat them since the Ravens in 2012 in the AFC.

The Eagles are the only team besides the Broncos to beat New England since the Broncos in 2015. Thatís why I donít view our team that has had to replace a HOF Qb and a SB winning coach as negative as some.

Just a thought Mike Shannahan inherited Elway, won two SBís and then never was able to find another franchise Qb through the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Your right they have a HOF QB and HOF Coach. What about the other 30 teams.

Elway built the last team to beat the Pats, NO other teams have beat them since the Ravens in 2012 in the AFC.

The Eagles are the only team besides the Broncos to beat New England since the Broncos in 2015. Thatís why I donít view our team that has had to replace a HOF Qb and a SB winning coach as negative as some.

Just a thought Mike Shannahan inherited Elway, won two SBís and then never was able to find another franchise Qb through the draft.
    What? Elway beat the Pat's in 2015. What year is it now? Sorry, but I care about what's going on with my team today, not past history. These days we aren't beating anyone. Just because we were competitive half a decade ago does NOT mean the franchise is allowed to become the state it is now. Fans need to realize that certain mistakes were made that led us to this state, and without acknowledging them and living in the past instead will only prolong this era of losing.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    Yes, there are a lot of people in the NFL. You're saying there isn't anyone in the league that may be available now or at the end of the season that can evaluate talent better than Elway? Really!?
    I didn't say anything. I asked a question.

If you can provide a quote from me to support your erroneous statement, knock yourself out.
    Last edited by samparnell; 10-25-2019 at 04:30 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    Yes, there are a lot of people in the NFL. You're saying there isn't anyone in the league that may be available now or at the end of the season that can evaluate talent better than Elway? Really!?
    Specifically who? If I form an opinion about Elway being replaced I want to know SPECIFICALLY who you want to replace him? It isn't good enough to say "there must be someone better" you have to actually suggest a specific replacement. It's easy to say Elway neds to be firedm the hard part is the "with who"? If you come up with a good replacement, I'll probably agree with you.