Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Are we forgetting we could easily be 4-3 if not for horrible officiating? We really aren't as bad as some of you think we are. We aren't good. But we aren't the Dolphins or the Bengals either.
    We got some calls swing our way too. NFL is not coulda woulda should. You are what your record says you are. We suck period

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Wow, we stand absolutely no chance vs the viks. Well I'll give us a .0000000000001, so I guess you are right there is a chance.
    Yeah, and everyone was saying that for the Chargers game too.....

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    Wow, we stand absolutely no chance vs the viks. Well I'll give us a .0000000000001, so I guess you are right there is a chance.
    I would have agreed with that until the Buffalo game last year in MPLS...

In reality the Vikings are the Broncos (offense wise at least) with better personnel to run the Shanny/Kubiak spread run stuff...

Bottom Line is Both these teams do not have enough O Line talent to pocket pass downfield against a competent defense...Vikes have just have had the talent to overcome it

Quote Originally Posted by Alaskajoe View Post
    I dont know what cps are but Im on record of saying 4-12 is our final record unless Lock comes in. Then all bets are off due to the unknown nature of his play.
    https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...s-quot-feature
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by chessic View Post
    Do the rebuild, start with Elway, who I believe is incapable of conducting a successful rebuild. Replace him with someone who CAN, who have proven they can. Do it right, and start on this journey as quickly as possible.
    覧覧覧覧覧覧
    Are there really people that fit this description waiting to be hired?
    It's a big league. Surely there is someone out there who's had success managing a rebuilding effort before. Maybe there isn't anyone available that's done that. But I definitely know that if we have to rely on Elway for the rebuild, which includes the OLine, we're already screwed.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverJay View Post
    It's a big league. Surely there is someone out there who's had success managing a rebuilding effort before. Maybe there isn't anyone available that's done that. But I definitely know that if we have to rely on Elway for the rebuild, which includes the OLine, we're already screwed.
    Thirty-two is big?

Quote Originally Posted by samparnell View Post
    Thirty-two is big?
    Yes, there are a lot of people in the NFL. You're saying there isn't anyone in the league that may be available now or at the end of the season that can evaluate talent better than Elway? Really!?

@ Indy
    Cleveland
    Bye
    @ Vikings
    @ Bills
    Chargers
    @ Texans
    @ KC
    LIons
    Raiders

Of these games, I think Cleveland here, and either of the last 2 games are quite winnable. Cleveland is a hot mess so far, and Mayfield will be rattled here. The last 2 games may be important to those two teams, so I do not want to underestimate what's at stake. Just that, at home, and against 2 average teams IMO. Probably split though.

So that's 4 wins.

I can see us winning one or two on the road, but not an easy schedule! We're talking 5 playoff contenders, on their turf!! I don't like The Buffalo game, and one could argue that our best bets will be inter-divisional. But Mahomes will be back, per current reports, and The Chargers might get back on track, though we seem to have their number. I am going to say 2 wins possible, but not easy.

That would be 6 and 10....and dare I say, I think that's as high as I go.

6-10 doesn't help us. 6-10 may actually trick Elway into thinking were one or two players away and keep Flacco as the starter in 2020

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    @ Indy
    Cleveland
    Bye
    @ Vikings
    @ Bills
    Chargers
    @ Texans
    @ KC
    LIons
    Raiders

Of these games, I think Cleveland here, and either of the last 2 games are quite winnable. Cleveland is a hot mess so far, and Mayfield will be rattled here. The last 2 games may be important to those two teams, so I do not want to underestimate what's at stake. Just that, at home, and against 2 average teams IMO. Probably split though.

So that's 4 wins.

I can see us winning one or two on the road, but not an easy schedule! We're talking 5 playoff contenders, on their turf!! I don't like The Buffalo game, and one could argue that our best bets will be inter-divisional. But Mahomes will be back, per current reports, and The Chargers might get back on track, though we seem to have their number. I am going to say 2 wins possible, but not easy.

That would be 6 and 10....and dare I say, I think that's as high as I go.
    I think that all sounds very reasonable. 6 wins seems to be the ceiling.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    6-10 doesn't help us. 6-10 may actually trick Elway into thinking were one or two players away and keep Flacco as the starter in 2020
    I think that's where Elway's head is at, period. I'm fully expecting Flacco to be the starter again next year regardless. Seriously, even if we lose out, they will stick with the vet QB because that gives them the "best chance to win".

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    I think that's where Elway's head is at, period. I'm fully expecting Flacco to be the starter again next year regardless. Seriously, even if we lose out, they will stick with the vet QB because that gives them the "best chance to win".
    That is worrisome to me, and probably you as well. You build a team to win long term, not just in the interim. And long term does not happen if you don't earn your money as a GM. Winning a game here, and a game there, is futile to me, if not attached to a bigger plan.

This thread is arguing about whether we値l finish 6-10 or 3-13, that痴 like arguing about which color of poop is better, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    This thread is arguing about whether we値l finish 6-10 or 3-13, that痴 like arguing about which color of poop is better, lol
    LOL, can't argue with that. I'm actually trying to steer the discussion to NEXT steps. Because regardless of whether they finish with 3 wins or 6 wins, they still suck and need to undertake some degree of rebuild either way. And I'm merely saying that Elway shouldn't be the one to do that because his track record proves he sucks at it.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    That is worrisome to me, and probably you as well. You build a team to win long term, not just in the interim. And long term does not happen if you don't earn your money as a GM. Winning a game here, and a game there, is futile to me, if not attached to a bigger plan.
    I really loathe the idea of trotting Flacco out there for another season and a half. The funny thing is, I truly believe Elway's approach of bridge QB/developmental QB is his way of building for the future. Problem is, the way he does it, the future never comes.