X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • $Broncos$
    Playmaker
    • Aug 2010

I think we just need to pay the refs off they do a pretty good job of playing the game

Comment

• Megalodon30
      Football Immortal
      • Sep 2019

Are we forgetting we could easily be 4-3 if not for horrible officiating? We really aren't as bad as some of you think we are. We aren't good. But we aren't the Dolphins or the Bengals either.
      Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• the0rangecrush
        Captain
        • Apr 2009

If we move CHJ, I agree the tank is on. In which case we need to come away with either Andrew Thomas, Tristan Whirfs, or Okudah.
        What's the difference between ignorance and apathy?
        I don't know and I don't care

Comment

• Taos_Broncomaniac
          Football Immortal
          • Oct 2008

Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
          Just looking at some of the defenses that we will play, Flacco may not make through the last 9 Games.
          Colts- Blow out
          Browns - Close game if we can run the ball
          Vikings - Blow out
          Bills- Blow out
          Chargers - Close one
          Texans - Blow out
          Chiefs - Blow out
          Lions - Blow out
          Raiders- Blow out

We may get to 3-13
          That's ridiculous, the Chiefs defense was absolutely desperate and we "weren't prepared." Coaching???

Historically, regardless of who we have running the show, this team doesn't seem to be able to maintain a high level of motivation.

We lack fiery team leaders like Shannon Sharp, Peyton Manning and John Lynch. Like many before him, Von has been a terrible disappointment since the $$$. Our coach looks like he's sleepwalking (sometimes he wears pajamas), and John sits in the booth looking broken.

The fans have to elevate this team, if the eleven on the field fall short, the 12th man has to bring it that much harder. We can beat Indy if we play angry and we should clobber the Browns. I would fully expect to lose some games but never give up!!!!

FTR, the receiving corp looked better after Sanders left with the injury, we've got a lot of depth.
          [sigpic

Comment

• DenverJay
            Practice Squad
            • Dec 2010

I predicted 3-13 on the Poll thread. I only see them winning one more game this season, if that. This is of course based on the level of play we've seen thus far. Anything could happen I guess. They could all of a sudden start playing better. Monkeys could fly out of my butt, it's just not very likely.

Comment

• Taos_Broncomaniac
              Football Immortal
              • Oct 2008

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
              Are we forgetting we could easily be 4-3 if not for horrible officiating? We really aren't as bad as some of you think we are. We aren't good. But we aren't the Dolphins or the Bengals either.
              ^^^ This is more like it, Must spread...
              [sigpic

Comment

• samparnell
                Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DavisMVP View Post
                I'm psychic
                psycho?
                "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• samparnell
                  Soy Capitan Meshpoint
                  • Nov 2007

Originally posted by DenverJay View Post
                  I predicted 3-13 on the Poll thread. I only see them winning one more game this season, if that. This is of course based on the level of play we've seen thus far. Anything could happen I guess. They could all of a sudden start playing better. Monkeys could fly out of my butt, it's just not very likely.
                  Why not?
                  "Stultum est timere quod vitare non potes." ~ Publilius Syrus

Comment

• Megalodon30
                    Football Immortal
                    • Sep 2019

Originally posted by Taos_Broncomaniac View Post
                    ^^^ This is more like it, Must spread...
                    Yeah, I don't understand the "sky is falling" attitude. We haven't been the worst team in football but I'm seeing a lot of comments that read like we are. Seems like a lot of people are watching Dolphins games thinking they're watching the Broncos.

We've been competetive in every game, with exception to the Chiefs game. Even with a lackluster offense, we're staying in games for the most part. If our offense got its head out of its backside, we would easily be having a much better season. I don't think we're as far off of being a contender as it seems.
                    Eternal Broncos Optimist

Comment

• Bates
                      All-Time Great
                      • Jul 2014

At this point we should want to lose to the Bills. They might be able to edge out NE * (Yea I know it is a pipe dream) if they don't collapse the second half of the season.

Comment

• Spice 1
                        Football Immortal
                        • Sep 2004

Originally posted by $Broncos$ View Post
                        I think we just need to pay the refs off they do a pretty good job of playing the game
                        Elway should call the Packers and see what hands to the face is going for these days.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                          Hall of Famer
                          • Apr 2009

The sad thing is that we have a defense that’s currently ranked in the top 5, yet still we may only win around 4 games

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
                            Hall of Famer
                            • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Megalodon30 View Post
                            Yeah, I don't understand the "sky is falling" attitude. We haven't been the worst team in football but I'm seeing a lot of comments that read like we are. Seems like a lot of people are watching Dolphins games thinking they're watching the Broncos.

We've been competetive in every game, with exception to the Chiefs game. Even with a lackluster offense, we're staying in games for the most part. If our offense got its head out of its backside, we would easily be having a much better season. I don't think we're as far off of being a contender as it seems.
                            This is eerily similar to last year, yet we ultimately only won 6 games. A close loss is still a loss regardless, we can only say this team is “close” for so long.

Comment

• DenverJay
                              Practice Squad
                              • Dec 2010

What I want to see is the Broncos Org accept reality. I want them to stop deluding themselves, thinking they're just a few pieces here or there from being a decent team. Because they're not.

I want them to accept the fact that they need to rebuild, top to bottom. Place accountability where it's due, remove the decision makers that are not helping the team to improve and do the rebuild RIGHT. Don't half-ass it, and approach it like they only need a piece here or there to be a contender. Because that idiocy is only going to make the whole toxic morass they're in right now, last MUCH longer.

Do the rebuild, start with Elway, who I believe is incapable of conducting a successful rebuild. Replace him with someone who CAN, who have proven they can. Do it right, and start on this journey as quickly as possible. I don't look at it as negative at all. I look at it as doing what needs to be done to make the Broncos a great team again. And this is what needs to be done.

Go Broncos!
                              Last edited by DenverJay; 10-23-2019, 09:58 AM.

Comment

• Capt. Jack
                                Football Immortal
                                • Oct 2010

"MTBGA"
                                Make the Broncos Great Again!!!!

Comment

Working...
                                X