Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Noah Can't Play

Quote Originally Posted by mozzerpete View Post
    Imagine
    R1 DE Derrick Brown
    R2 DE Raekwon Davis
    R3 NT Marvin Wilson
    And once again further ignore the major and most negatively impactful area of the team for the last 4 years, the offensive line ? This plan sounds horrible, and honestly something Elway would probably do. We need to bring in some young offensive lineman who can actually play on a consistent basis.

I hope Denver continues to utilize Fant down the seams. You can really open an offense up with a weapon like that...

Fant has the most receptions of any rookie Bronco TE

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    With a Qb who can utilize the bootleg in this offense he could turn into a nightmare for opposing defenses.
    This last game the 75 yard TD wasn’t the only play he made his other two catches were for first downs.
    Good to see we kept going back to him and he stepped up.

The longest TD by a Broncos TE since JT in 2013. He has more upside than JT did, IMO.
    Last edited by Al Wilson 4 Mayor; 11-06-2019 at 08:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    And once again further ignore the major and most negatively impactful area of the team for the last 4 years, the offensive line ? This plan sounds horrible, and honestly something Elway would probably do. We need to bring in some young offensive lineman who can actually play on a consistent basis.
    For the past few years, I've wanted DEN to use high draft picks
    to solidify our OL. Glad to see you have caught up to me.

At this point, I'll take any player worth his draft selection.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    With a Qb who can utilize the bootleg in this offense he could turn into a nightmare for opposing defenses.
    Which was a key point many were citing as a reason as to why we should move on from Flacco in the first place. It's also why I believed a younger more athletic player could execute this offense more efficiently than Flacco was, and we seen that with Allen in his first ever NFL action.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    This last game the 75 yard TD wasn’t the only play he made his other two catches were for first downs.
    Good to see we kept going back to him and he stepped up.
    How many times did others try to get this message through to you in the discussion about Lock?

Now that you brought up Fant’s 75 yard touchdown, did you notice how that play happened in spite of the missed block by Bolles? Allen stood in the pocket, delivered the ball to Fant in stride. Allen was leveled thanks to Bolles. I think the defender held up a bit knowing he could have taken Allen out of the game. Yet you thought Bolles played well.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    How many times did others try to get this message through to you in the discussion about Lock?

Now that you brought up Fant’s 75 yard touchdown, did you notice how that play happened in spite of the missed block by Bolles? Allen stood in the pocket, delivered the ball to Fant in stride. Allen was leveled thanks to Bolles. I think the defender held up a bit knowing he could have taken Allen out of the game. Yet you thought Bolles played well.
    That's painful to watch Bolles on that play. Kudos to Allen for delivering that ball knowing that he was about to be blown up.

I do give Bolles credit for not just outright tackling Vernon and killing the play (as is often the case). He's actually less detrimental when he just stands there.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post
    That's painful to watch Bolles on that play. Kudos to Allen for delivering that ball knowing that he was about to be blown up.

I do give Bolles credit for not just outright tackling Vernon and killing the play (as is often the case). He's actually less detrimental when he just stands there.
    McChesney’s imitation of Bolles when he helped Allen off the turf, “Welcome to the NFL, you’ll get used to it”.

I think some have unrealistic expectations of rookie TEs. They generally don't do very well If Fant can end the season with 40+ catches he'll have done great and he's on pace for that.

Also a few days ago one of the local Denver sports guys (Shapiro?) said the Broncos made a change to give Fant easier catches the last 2 games. Before they were sending Fant deep down the seam and recently are having him running routes that get him the ball more quickly and let him run after the catch, which is what he did at Iowa.

Quote Originally Posted by Lumiere View Post

Just gives warm and happy thoughts about putting Lock back there.......

Allen definitely showed good poise and that play should definitely help Fants confidence moving forward. That had to feel good for him.. The best thing that may have happened for Fant this season is Flacco not being the qb anymore.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

I want to bring this topic back to life. I'm sorry I know he is a rookie but he was counted on in a few key moments today and the guy continues to wet the bed. I will not say I'm done with the guy but I'm close. Only reason I'm not done is I don't know if we got a good coordinator that knows how to use him. Then again he is missing plays on his own.

Guy got worse hands than Dr. No he can't grip and hold anything most times. His blocking skills are close to average but a little bit below. If he cant get separation and catch then early on hes not helping the team much. It's one thing if he can block but so far hes proven he can't do either.

If I'm him I'm going to get with a HOF Qb or something to learn how to block and up my game. This is a subpar first round pick. Much like Ray I think he will be decent just not great. Of course this is year one but it's a head scratcher of a choice so far for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    I want to bring this topic back to life. I'm sorry I know he is a rookie but he was counted on in a few key moments today and the guy continues to wet the bed. I will not say I'm done with the guy but I'm close. Only reason I'm not done is I don't know if we got a good coordinator that knows how to use him. Then again he is missing plays on his own.

Guy got worse hands than Dr. No he can't grip and hold anything most times. His blocking skills are close to average but a little bit below. If he cant get separation and catch then early on hes not helping the team much. It's one thing if he can block but so far hes proven he can't do either.

If I'm him I'm going to get with a HOF Qb or something to learn how to block and up my game. This is a subpar first round pick. Much like Ray I think he will be decent just not great. Of course this is year one but it's a head scratcher of a choice so far for me.
    Lol, you can’t be serious

4 catches, 11 targets for 60 yards. He can definitely do better and I think he will. We cant give up on him yet. Just sucks none of our other TEs can step up