Page 5 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Noah Can't Play

Not sure why some expect a rookie like Fant to be like Shannon Sharpe but you got a glimpse of what he is capable of. He will be a franchiseTE so yeah he can bring great things given another year.

Quote Originally Posted by Oxygen Bandit View Post
    Not sure why some expect a rookie like Fant to be like Shannon Sharpe but you got a glimpse of what he is capable of. He will be a franchiseTE so yeah he can bring great things given another year.
    What was Shannon like as a rook? I don't recall anyone comparing him to Sharpe

By the way it was cool to hear Phill Simms say he looked like Gronk on that TD ......... and he sort of did. He's gigantic. But his physique looks similar before all the extra pads and guards Gronk had to don in his later years lol.
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    As is typical of rookie TEs. I think itíll be interesting to see him after the bye week. I think Scangerello is really gonna try to get him going.

Outside of Sutton there isnít anyone at WR. I think Spencer was the only other WR to catch a pass today and he fumbled it. Has hamilton caught anything recently? Hopefully Patrick can pick up some of the slack as well.
    That's a good point. One might wonder what our offense would have looked like had we given Allen a shot when we still had Manny Sanders.

[QUOTE=dizzolve;5850353]What was Shannon like as a rook? I don't recall anyone comparing him to Sharpe

I guess you didn't but you will eventually.

[QUOTE=Oxygen Bandit;5850363]
    Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    What was Shannon like as a rook? I don't recall anyone comparing him to Sharpe

I guess you didn't but you will eventually.
    welcome to the boards
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Very interesting comparison
    Sutton and Fant if healthy will be dynamic. Hopefully we can find another big time receiver in the draft.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sutton and Fant if healthy will be dynamic. Hopefully we can find another big time receiver in the draft.
    Spencer deserved criticism for the fumble. However he showed some speed on the deep route. Little more timing with Allen and that might have been a TD. He also had a great block in the final TD.

Not only did he make a few plays today.... including an incredible 75-yard run (breaking 3 tackles)...

But the kid stepped up, and helped out his young QB teammate, producing when it truly mattered.

Letís hope this sparks Noah.

Terrible defense missing tackles but hey, we will take that. The kid will be fine. On the other hand Cleveland has some issues with player conduct such as players deciding what shoes to wear lol.
    Last edited by Oxygen Bandit; 11-03-2019 at 11:13 PM.

Great game from Noah. As a fan who has criticized his play, (which has been warranted as a first-round pick) he sure played huge and was a great safety net for an inexperienced quarterback.

Let's hope he can continue to build on this...

Just watched the highlight catch again and the 1st defender that "attempts" to tackle Fant just bounces off like bug off a windshield LOL

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Talented player that needs to refine several areas of his game (blocking, penalties, focus, etc.). Hardly a hopeless case though, despite how often he irritates many of us...

Fant had a massive game last night. Without him we don't win this game. Hope he continues to build on this experience and grow

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Great game from Noah. As a fan who has criticized his play, (which has been warranted as a first-round pick) he sure played huge and was a great safety net for an inexperienced quarterback.

Let's hope he can continue to build on this...
    Same thoughts here.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Sutton looks amazing, and you can see Fant is going to be dangerous when we can figure out how to get him the ball consistently. Would love to add a speed WR like KJ Hamler out of Penn State.