Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Noah Can't Play

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    Kittle isnít a rookie... you mean hockenson
    Think he meant compared to Kittles rookie year.

Quote Originally Posted by rst08tierney View Post
    Fant will be solid in 2-3 years. Its not like this team can win now so whats the rush?
    Because we are Broncos fans. We are inpatient and want everyone to be super stars right away. Other wise they are busts.

Have to agree with the ďsoftĒ comments. My biggest issue with Fant is he doesnít use his size and attack the ball. He doesnít locate it well either.

The Flacco pass that bounced off his back is an obvious example.

But that drop in the corner of the endzone prior to Suttonís TD really stood out too. He should have planted his feet and gone up for the ball instead of continuing to run and let it drop i to his hands...which he failed at anyway. He just doesnít seem to make much of an attempt to go get the ball and it irritates me to no end.

Youíre a big guy Fant! Start playing like it.

Time to open this wound again. OustElway is right. Fant can't locate the ball. Lock's pass (today against Chargers) was not on the money, but Fant looked like he needs glasses.

The guy shows great upside in my opinion. People giving up on rookies so quickly on here. I am excited about this draft class so far. Fant, Risner, Lock, Holland and Jones have all contributed. Another good draft. Future may be looking bright.

I wasn't a fan of the Fant draft pick, but the kid is showing some great upside. I think it is hard to make an evaluation on him with the revolving door at QB and an OC who doesn't seem to know how to use his weapons in his play calling.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post

Because we are Broncos fans. We are inpatient and want everyone to be super stars right away. Other wise they are busts.
    I don't think everyone's calling him a bust, I'm just not satisfied with his production. And that's coming from what I see on the field, I get he's a rookie. He doesn't block worth anything, but IMO he was drafted to be a receiving TE, so I'll throw that out. My expectation was that he'd be a threat in the passing game, stretching the field and in the red zone. The pass from Lock up the sideline wasn't perfect but had big play potential all over it. He's lost a few balls in the air this season, and one hit him in the back and got picked off. Running a fade with so much space to the outside, I'm not sure why he would look inside. The play in the end zone should've been an easy TD but he didn't seem to know he was supposed to square up and high point the ball. He's had like 7 end zone targets and 0 catches. They seem to be almost force-feeding targets to Fant, and he's just not delivering.

Most TEs I see that struggle aren't blocking well and running the wrong routes and they get benched/ targets taken away. Fant is on the field a lot and gets consistent targets. He's gotta show heart and the ability to go get contested passes.
    Last edited by champ&dreallday; 12-02-2019 at 10:18 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by champ&dreallday View Post
    I don't think everyone's calling him a bust, I'm just not satisfied with his production. And that's coming from what I see on the field, I get he's a rookie. He doesn't block worth anything, but IMO he was drafted to be a receiving TE, so I'll throw that out. My expectation was that he'd be a threat in the passing game, stretching the field and in the red zone. The pass from Lock up the sideline wasn't perfect but had big play potential all over it. He's lost a few balls in the air this season, and one hit him in the back and got picked off. Running a fade with so much space to the outside, I'm not sure why he would look inside. The play in the end zone should've been an easy TD but he didn't seem to know he was supposed to square up and high point the ball. He's had like 7 end zone targets and 0 catches. They seem to be almost force-feeding targets to Fant, and he's just not delivering.

Most TEs I see that struggle aren't blocking well and running the wrong routes and they get benched/ targets taken away. Fant is on the field a lot and gets consistent targets. He's gotta show heart and the ability to go get contested passes.
    he needs to develop he was raw in College and has great athletic traits, give him a year or 2 to develop

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

I think Fant is still struggling with the mental aspect of playing football at this level. It's like he's not ready to catch the ball when it comes to him. To me that's a sign that, maybe, the game just hasn't 'slowed down' enough for him. I don't know what they can do other than to force feed him targets and that's what they are doing. It's a work in progress.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    I think Fant is still struggling with the mental aspect of playing football at this level. It's like he's not ready to catch the ball when it comes to him. To me that's a sign that, maybe, the game just hasn't 'slowed down' enough for him. I don't know what they can do other than to force feed him targets and that's what they are doing. It's a work in progress.
    For him to be effective now, he needs more short/intermediate routes. Heís looked fine catching the passes that are in front of his body, heís really struggled tracking the ball over his shoulder. I was shocked he didnít try to high point that pass in the endzone but I guess he thought heíd get pushed and land out of bounds if he jumped up so he opted to try and catch it over his shoulder. Less streaks and corner routes, more crossers, slants, ins, and posts. Definitely more crossing routes where his speed can shine and he doesnít have to break down and make a sharp cut and lose any potential separation.

Heís kind of a clunky runner, doesnít really seem to have great flexibility in his hips so he probably wont ever be a great route runner, but Gronkowski was also a very clunky runner who just used sheer physicality to overwhelm people covering him and deceptive straight line speed to gain separation.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    For him to be effective now, he needs more short/intermediate routes. He’s looked fine catching the passes that are in front of his body, he’s really struggled tracking the ball over his shoulder. I was shocked he didn’t try to high point that pass in the endzone but I guess he thought he’d get pushed and land out of bounds if he jumped up so he opted to try and catch it over his shoulder. Less streaks and corner routes, more crossers, slants, ins, and posts. Definitely more crossing routes where his speed can shine and he doesn’t have to break down and make a sharp cut and lose any potential separation.

He’s kind of a clunky runner, doesn’t really seem to have great flexibility in his hips so he probably wont ever be a great route runner, but Gronkowski was also a very clunky runner who just used sheer physicality to overwhelm people covering him and deceptive straight line speed to gain separation.
    Good points all around. Maybe we'll see more of those routes out of him over the next few weeks.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    For him to be effective now, he needs more short/intermediate routes. He’s looked fine catching the passes that are in front of his body, he’s really struggled tracking the ball over his shoulder. I was shocked he didn’t try to high point that pass in the endzone but I guess he thought he’d get pushed and land out of bounds if he jumped up so he opted to try and catch it over his shoulder. Less streaks and corner routes, more crossers, slants, ins, and posts. Definitely more crossing routes where his speed can shine and he doesn’t have to break down and make a sharp cut and lose any potential separation.

He’s kind of a clunky runner, doesn’t really seem to have great flexibility in his hips so he probably wont ever be a great route runner, but Gronkowski was also a very clunky runner who just used sheer physicality to overwhelm people covering him and deceptive straight line speed to gain separation.
    Yeah I noticed the same thing. When the ball is in the air he just can't locate it, and he looks completely lost. He has made a few decent plays, but the early signs are not great. I like you think he needs to be more featured on the shorter routes, one cut, get into his line, and move.

Noah Fant CAN play!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Noah Fant CAN play!!!!
    Itís amazing how much better the WR corps and tight ends can look when they have a quality QB who isnít afraid to pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Itís amazing how much better the WR corps and tight ends can look when they have a quality QB who isnít afraid to pull the trigger.
    Noah is oozing potential. That's scary, because he is having one of the better rookie TE seasons in recent memory. He needs refinement, but if he puts in the work, man he could be a scary weapon. Here's hoping he works out with Kittle this off-season.

62 receiving yards on the scoring drive including his 14 yd td.
    Leads all rookie TEs and is 8th among ALL rookies with 441 total yards. Per Patrick Smyth.
    Last edited by Saddletramp; 12-08-2019 at 05:53 PM.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey