Page 1 of 13 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Noah Can't Play

Hybrid View

Noah Can't Play

Noah Fant continues to display the kind of softness you should be able to detect BEFORE the draft. It was known there was a rumor about this

...... now he cut himself removing tape after practice. I think he's scared to fail. Actually I could only hope he cares that much
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

A bit extremely premature for this thread. At least with Bolles we’ve had 2 1/2 years of failing miserably to judge him off of before that thread popped up.

Quote Originally Posted by denverblood View Post
    a bit extremely premature for this thread. At least with bolles we’ve had 2 1/2 years of failing miserably to judge him off of before that thread popped up.
    :d:d:d:d:d:d:d:d
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    A bit extremely premature for this thread. At least with Bolles we’ve had 2 1/2 years of failing miserably to judge him off of before that thread popped up.
    How do you figure? I didn't claim anyone was a bust. All I said was he couldn't play (because he cut his foot)

What I can evaluate is what I see. I don't know if he's going to pan out. But the negatives are piling up. And I'm not talking about bottom line production. I'm talking about the kind of things you can see with your eyes. ie...

Passion -- I don't see any - do you?
    Desire -- Does he attack catches? Or does he alligator arm? (compare to little E Sanders.... that little guy plays BIG~~ Noah plays small
    Love for football -- again I it doesn't seem like he's having any fun out there. You can make your own destiny
    physicality -- clearly this is what bothers me most. He's a giant that can fly down the field but he doesn't assert his physique. Remember Brandon Marshall 15? physical
    sportsmanship -- he doesn't do much to bail out his QB when the ball is in the air. Instinct seems lacking.
    intelligence -- evidently he cut himself badly enough that he couldn't practice ...... with a a tool that is child proof. Fangio called one of the oddest injuries he's ever seen (top 5)

Of course I don't spend the day with the guy so all I can do is go by what I see. I realize he's a rook and it takes time for TE's ...........but you can tell when a guy comes out hungry and confident and has a football attitude regardless of what his bottom line production is.

With Elway's history of draft picks, can I just give the kid the benefit of the doubt? No I can't.

I wasn't unhappy when he was picked. But at his size and speed you expect a physical presence out there ..... I mean a DB half his size punk'd strip fumbled him on a catch........ remember that? Play your size at least.
    Red 98

Kareem rises to the top

I think he just needs one good game to get in rhythm, and to build some confidence. Obviously it hasn't been pretty so far, and the term soft is probably applicable to his play, but I liked the pick, and I still think he can turn into a good player. I will say though, right now I wouldn't mind seeing another 1st round offensive lineman out there as opposed to Fant.

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I think he just needs one good game to get in rhythm, and to build some confidence. Obviously it hasn't been pretty so far, and the term soft is probably applicable to his play, but I liked the pick, and I still think he can turn into a good player. I will say though, right now I wouldn't mind seeing another 1st round offensive lineman out there as opposed to Fant.
    Hopefully we just saw that game
    Champ Bailey is the only player in NFL history to earn 200+ (203) Passes Defended
    Terrell Davis is 3rd all time in rushing yards per game (97.5)

That's slightly massively an oxymoron.

But I agree 100%. I wouldn't throw in the towel on a guy 7 games into his career. He's going through some growing pains, but I trust he'll get better moving ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    That's slightly massively an oxymoron.

But I agree 100%. I wouldn't throw in the towel on a guy 7 games into his career. He's going through some growing pains, but I trust he'll get better moving ahead.
    I felt it fit with the theme of the thread.

I felt it fit with the theme of the thread.
    Nice. In that case, very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Noah Fant continues to display the kind of softness you should be able to detect BEFORE the draft. It was known there was a rumor about this

...... now he cut himself removing tape after practice. I think he's scared to fail. Actually I could only hope he cares that much
    I’ve said it several times b4, he’s our new Julius Thomas. Only different is at least Julius had decent hands.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    I’ve said it several times b4, he’s our new Julius Thomas. Only different is at least Julius had decent hands.
    If any of our current TEs is Julius Thomas, its gotta be Jake Butt. Definitely talented, but can't stay healthy. I don't see a Fant comparison there.

Fant may be more like Virgil Green. He's not making plays. He's just kind of there. Nothing special, at least not yet.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    If any of our current TEs is Julius Thomas, its gotta be Jake Butt. Definitely talented, but can't stay healthy. I don't see a Fant comparison there.

Fant may be more like Virgil Green. He's not making plays. He's just kind of there. Nothing special, at least not yet.
    JT was soft. He couldn't block, and he was always hurt, not injured, but hurt. He missed games for things like a 4th degree hangnail. Huge difference between he and Butt. Butt has been oft injured, with major injuries. He plays hurt. But when he was on the field...he leaves it all out there. That's wasn't JT and it's not Fant.

And Virgil was a great blocking TE, just could catch. Tweet CJ and ask him about Virgil on the edge. That's not Fant at all.
    #swapping

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    JT was soft. He couldn't block, and he was always hurt, not injured, but hurt. He missed games for things like a 4th degree hangnail. Huge difference between he and Butt. Butt has been oft injured, with major injuries. He plays hurt. But when he was on the field...he leaves it all out there. That's wasn't JT and it's not Fant.

And Virgil was a great blocking TE, just could catch. Tweet CJ and ask him about Virgil on the edge. That's not Fant at all.
    Has Butt ever played more than 5 minutes in a game to ... Leave it all out there?

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...2070-Noah-Fant

All my opinions on this matter are in here

Fangio, on Noah Fant: “He cut his foot yesterday after practice, so we had to give him the day off. We think he’ll be fine.” Expected to play Sunday. He cut his foot while cutting the tape off his ankle

https://twitter.com/masedenver/statu...697181187?s=21
    Ah jeez....

He can't catch.

Poor blocker.

He can't even remove TAPE from his ankle properly.
    Last edited by Peerless; 10-25-2019 at 08:15 PM.