Page 1 of 11 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Noah Can't Play

Noah Can't Play

Noah Fant continues to display the kind of softness you should be able to detect BEFORE the draft. It was known there was a rumor about this

...... now he cut himself removing tape after practice. I think he's scared to fail. Actually I could only hope he cares that much
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

A bit extremely premature for this thread. At least with Bolles weve had 2 1/2 years of failing miserably to judge him off of before that thread popped up.

I think he just needs one good game to get in rhythm, and to build some confidence. Obviously it hasn't been pretty so far, and the term soft is probably applicable to his play, but I liked the pick, and I still think he can turn into a good player. I will say though, right now I wouldn't mind seeing another 1st round offensive lineman out there as opposed to Fant.

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    A bit extremely premature for this thread. At least with Bolles weve had 2 1/2 years of failing miserably to judge him off of before that thread popped up.
    That's slightly massively an oxymoron.

But I agree 100%. I wouldn't throw in the towel on a guy 7 games into his career. He's going through some growing pains, but I trust he'll get better moving ahead.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    That's slightly massively an oxymoron.

But I agree 100%. I wouldn't throw in the towel on a guy 7 games into his career. He's going through some growing pains, but I trust he'll get better moving ahead.
    I felt it fit with the theme of the thread.

I felt it fit with the theme of the thread.
    Nice. In that case, very well done.

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    Noah Fant continues to display the kind of softness you should be able to detect BEFORE the draft. It was known there was a rumor about this

...... now he cut himself removing tape after practice. I think he's scared to fail. Actually I could only hope he cares that much
    Ive said it several times b4, hes our new Julius Thomas. Only different is at least Julius had decent hands.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Ive said it several times b4, hes our new Julius Thomas. Only different is at least Julius had decent hands.
    If any of our current TEs is Julius Thomas, its gotta be Jake Butt. Definitely talented, but can't stay healthy. I don't see a Fant comparison there.

Fant may be more like Virgil Green. He's not making plays. He's just kind of there. Nothing special, at least not yet.

https://forums.denverbroncos.com/sho...2070-Noah-Fant

All my opinions on this matter are in here

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    If any of our current TEs is Julius Thomas, its gotta be Jake Butt. Definitely talented, but can't stay healthy. I don't see a Fant comparison there.

Fant may be more like Virgil Green. He's not making plays. He's just kind of there. Nothing special, at least not yet.
    JT was soft. He couldn't block, and he was always hurt, not injured, but hurt. He missed games for things like a 4th degree hangnail. Huge difference between he and Butt. Butt has been oft injured, with major injuries. He plays hurt. But when he was on the field...he leaves it all out there. That's wasn't JT and it's not Fant.

And Virgil was a great blocking TE, just could catch. Tweet CJ and ask him about Virgil on the edge. That's not Fant at all.
    #swapping

JT was soft. He couldn't block, and he was always hurt, not injured, but hurt. He missed games for things like a 4th degree hangnail. Huge difference between he and Butt. Butt has been oft injured, with major injuries. He plays hurt. But when he was on the field...he leaves it all out there. That's wasn't JT and it's not Fant.

And Virgil was a great blocking TE, just could catch. Tweet CJ and ask him about Virgil on the edge. That's not Fant at all.
    Has Butt ever played more than 5 minutes in a game to ... Leave it all out there?

Fangio, on Noah Fant: “He cut his foot yesterday after practice, so we had to give him the day off. We think he’ll be fine.” Expected to play Sunday. He cut his foot while cutting the tape off his ankle

https://twitter.com/masedenver/statu...697181187?s=21
    Ah jeez....

He can't catch.

Poor blocker.

He can't even remove TAPE from his ankle properly.
    Last edited by Peerless; 10-25-2019 at 08:15 PM.

I think Noah realized these NFL LBs and DBs are much different than the ones he faced in college.
    IMO, he's too busy thinking about the pending hit or being de-cleated.

I think now that Sanders is gone,
    Fant would make a great weapon opposite Sutton.

Has Butt ever played more than 5 minutes in a game to ... Leave it all out there?
    My point was it was bad to compare Butt to JT. Two different styles and different and two different mentalities on how they approached the game week after week.

My point was it was bad to compare Butt to JT. Two different styles and different and two different mentalities on how they approached the game week after week.
    I don't know how Butt approaches the game because I've almost never seen him play. Sort of like Julius Thomas and his first few seasons here. Combined they played 12 games in their first 2 seasons in Denver.

Do they have different games? Sure. Thomas was basically a glorified WR. He was a big bodied basketball player. Only reason he was at TE was because of his size. Whereas Butt is an actual TE.

But going off of what we expected out of them in terms of production, we got basically the same from each. Young, talented TEs that didn't do much because they were injured most of the time. Thomas eventually overcame his injury issues and was able to play once Manning came in, and hopefully Butt can too. I'm just saying the comparison isn't entirely invalid.