Page 4 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Thread: Noah Can't Play

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    As of right now Fant is only 17 yards behind Hockenson
    Iíve told people Hockenson has also been struggling his first year as a TE.

Quote Originally Posted by PhoenixDread View Post
    I mainly see lack of confidence. IN EVERYTHING.

One thing all great tight ends in this league share is confidence. If you're a big, fast mismatch you have to understand how scary you are to a defense and go in there with intentions on making it hell for the other team to limit you.
    Hmmmm, I'd say he looked fairly confident out there today.....what changed??

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

As a huge critic of the pick of Fant, I will say he had a great game today. His blocking is still bad, but he was far more sure handed today. Great catch and run on the big TD pass, breaking arm tackles that I have to believe wouldíve been made had Flacco still been the QB, lol!

But in all seriousness, he appeared to be a much different and better player today. And for that......

Quote Originally Posted by johnlimburg View Post
    I think he just needs one good game to get in rhythm, and to build some confidence. Obviously it hasn't been pretty so far, and the term soft is probably applicable to his play, but I liked the pick, and I still think he can turn into a good player. I will say though, right now I wouldn't mind seeing another 1st round offensive lineman out there as opposed to Fant.
    Hopefully we just saw that game
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

He made a few big plays today. Also some mistakes. But I was very impressed with the effort. It's the effort or at least the perceived effort that troubled me.

I wonder if he was just staying in his lane under Joe's leadership, but with the new QB he knew he had to step up and is finding himself?

Or we just played a bad Browns team too. Seriously bad tackling on that play --- still he did his job. And listening to his post game presser -- just hearing his perspective on the game and what he's trying to do quelled some of my fears about him. By the way what a physical specimen. I can't believe how big this guy is (seeing him without the pads). We just need to see more big plays like that if he's going to be making mistakes. Or limit the errors and hold your own at least as a rook. Then again, where he was drafted you have expectations.

I was really never against the pick. I was excited. But I was also not impressed for quite a few weeks. Today was really great to see though. And Sutton too. Wow
    Red 98

The early bird may get the worm, but the 2nd mouse gets the cheese

Quote Originally Posted by dizzolve View Post
    He made a few big plays today. Also some mistakes. But I was very impressed with the effort. It's the effort or at least the perceived effort that troubled me.

I wonder if he was just staying in his lane under Joe's leadership, but with the new QB he knew he had to step up and is finding himself?

Or we just played a bad Browns team too. Seriously bad tackling on that play --- still he did his job. And listening to his post game presser -- just hearing his perspective on the game and what he's trying to do quelled some of my fears about him. By the way what a physical specimen. I can't believe how big this guy is (seeing him without the pads). We just need to see more big plays like that if he's going to be making mistakes. Or limit the errors and hold your own at least as a rook. Then again, where he was drafted you have expectations.

I was really never against the pick. I was excited. But I was also not impressed for quite a few weeks. Today was really great to see though. And Sutton too. Wow
    I believe you stated ďNoah Fant Canít play!Ē

Iím gonna wait until he has a full season under his belt before I decide if he can play or not.
    Today he looked like a first rd pick
    - had a 75 yard TD
    - has 2 big first down grabs on a TD drive
    - he also had some nice chip blocks

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    As a huge critic of the pick of Fant, I will say he had a great game today. His blocking is still bad, but he was far more sure handed today. Great catch and run on the big TD pass, breaking arm tackles that I have to believe wouldíve been made had Flacco still been the QB, lol!

But in all seriousness, he appeared to be a much different and better player today. And for that......
    Agreed......

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    I believe you stated “Noah Fant Can’t play!”

I’m gonna wait until he has a full season under his belt before I decide if he can play or not.
    Today he looked like a first rd pick
    - had a 75 yard TD
    - has 2 big first down grabs on a TD drive
    - he also had some nice chip blocks
    I did say that. He was not able to participate in practice because he cut his foot
    Red 98

I haven't been impressed with the guy. Part of that isn't really his fault because I'm biased by his draft position, which he had no control over. Part of that is completely his fault because I've seen him make horrible plays all year. He made a positive impact today. He even got a TD with some big yardage based mostly on his own hard work. Not bad. I hope it's a sign of things to come.

As for the arm tackles, Iíd argue they werenít trying to tackle him at all and that that play was a result of him fumbling against the Packers. Defenders see guys fumble especially like that and they start attacking the ball. Every defender attacked the ball on that play and no one tried to wrap him up.

Kind of think the same thing happened to our defense against Chubb today. They limited him fairly well but I thought he broke a few more tackles because they were trying to strip the ball.

Most TEs struggle their first year. I would rather give him time before I over react to the first half of his rookie season.

Looks like he plays quite well for qbs not named Joe...
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by myoung View Post
    Most TEs struggle their first year. I would rather give him time before I over react to the first half of his rookie season.
    I think as long as we're not calling him a lock or a bust but just reacting to what we've seen to this point is completely fair
    Red 98

Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Iíve told people Hockenson has also been struggling his first year as a TE.
    As is typical of rookie TEs. I think itíll be interesting to see him after the bye week. I think Scangerello is really gonna try to get him going.

Outside of Sutton there isnít anyone at WR. I think Spencer was the only other WR to catch a pass today and he fumbled it. Has hamilton caught anything recently? Hopefully Patrick can pick up some of the slack as well.

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    As for the arm tackles, I’d argue they weren’t trying to tackle him at all and that that play was a result of him fumbling against the Packers. Defenders see guys fumble especially like that and they start attacking the ball. Every defender attacked the ball on that play and no one tried to wrap him up.

Kind of think the same thing happened to our defense against Chubb today. They limited him fairly well but I thought he broke a few more tackles because they were trying to strip the ball.
    You're right. I just looked at that play again in slo-mo. They all went for the ball.