Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Thread: Chase Young

Quote Originally Posted by broncos SB2010 View Post
    and so then we have 3 OLB but no Oline, CB, or ILB. Until the Oline and QB positions are fixed, it won't matter who we have at any other position and it will take at least a couple of drafts to get the Oline position group to a respectable level.
    I see your point. I do think you get rid of Von if this is the direction they go. Right now this kid is looking better than Bradley Chubb, of which I am a huge fan of. It is possible to draft an excellent OL in the second round, we just did it with Risner. It is also possible to get an ILB in a later round that is good, Reggie Ragland for KC comes to mind. Heck Alex Jonson didn't even get drafted.

I don't think we draft Chase Young by the way. I am not sure if I have seen a top 5 pick OT this year, maybe a CB. IF, Callahan ever sees the field you might not need to spend a #1 on a CB. That is a big if. What we might be able to do is get a QB hungry team to trade up and get more picks in RD 1 or 2 and then address some of these issues that way.

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    why would young be a de in this defense. he plays OLB or edge rusher. a big part of his game is speed and that is kinda neutralized rushing from an the inside. he is only 265 and i just feel it wouldn't fit our defense we want bigger D-linemen.
    Young is a DE for the Buckeyes, he is not an outside LB. his hand is on the ground 90% of the time. He would serve the same role as Nick Bosa and Joey Bosa in our defense. He has the framcto add weight and would be an absolute beast at around 280-285. He is the best DE to come out in a decade. I know Donald and Watt play different positions, I was saying he will impact games like those 2. He can play anywhere on our d-line, he is a generational talent.

Iím ok with Andrew Thomas as well, anyone other than these 2 is a horrible reach on the top 5 imo.

Quote Originally Posted by Spice 1 View Post
    He's really good, but nobody is making Nick Bosa look average right now. lol.
    Well it has to translate to the NFL so I see your point.

I am not an OSU fan. I have watched several of their games the last 10 years. This kid is thebest defensive player I have seen come out of Ohio State in that time period. It is a joke trying to block him with 1 guy.
    Last edited by WYBRONCO; 10-28-2019 at 09:09 AM.

Completely agree. If we traded down and got another pick than that is an outstanding player to target.

Quote Originally Posted by WYBRONCO View Post
    Well it has to translate to the NFL so I see your point.

I am not an OSU fan. I have watched several of their games the last 10 years. This kid is thebest defensive player I have seen come out of Ohio State in that time period. It is a joke trying to block him with 1 guy.
    I may be able to get on board with that. Joey was a game changer. So far, Young is a game wrecker.

Quote Originally Posted by KWHIT97 View Post
    Young is a DE for the Buckeyes, he is not an outside LB. his hand is on the ground 90% of the time. He would serve the same role as Nick Bosa and Joey Bosa in our defense. He has the framcto add weight and would be an absolute beast at around 280-285. He is the best DE to come out in a decade. I know Donald and Watt play different positions, I was saying he will impact games like those 2. He can play anywhere on our d-line, he is a generational talent.

Iím ok with Andrew Thomas as well, anyone other than these 2 is a horrible reach on the top 5 imo.
    i am not sure that is true. his best asset is speed and bend. he was designed to be an edge rusher and in our DEfense most of the edge rushing comes from the OLB not DE. the DE job is more to contain the run and open up the pass rush from the OLB. you want to put a player like him him in a position where he has the best chance of rushing the edge and getting to the passer.

plus ohio state plays a 4-3 and we play a 3-4 it is mainly the difference in these 2 defense i think he moves to OLB if we draft him and does not stay at DE. plus asking a guy to gain 20-35 pounds and hoping he keeps his explosiveness is a risk

oakland raders gm
    latavis murray trade bait

Nearly every scout I've seen says he can be a Stud or a 3-4 LB. He has the best athleticism of the class (though Darrell Taylor appears to be faster to me). He is a rare talent that is hard to pass up.

That being said. I feel Anae or Taylor in later rounds would fill the role but not take away a major need. If somehow Thomas falls or its possible to trade up to get him that would be 1st priority. Our secondary needs major upgrades (even if we dont trade Harris or loss him to FA). If our front office doesnt think either can be achieved I wouldn't mind having him.
    Last edited by Joshecalpoly; 10-28-2019 at 04:56 PM.

If he can block the edge at LT and keep holds to a minimum then yes, otherwise no. Its time to throw some water on the dumpster fire that is and has been our Oline for a few years now.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Chase Young is scary good. That's a blue chip prospect that people would be putting at #1 in re-drafts years from now. I love Andrew Thomas and would be ecstatic if he fell to us, but if by some miracle, Chase Young is available, I don't care what our needs are... we have to take him.

Fangio doesn't exclusively run a 3-4. There will be packages where we can line Chase Young up as a 3-4 DE in pass-rushing situations, and heck, he's a great run stopper too (although he's not an ideal fit as a 5-tech). But he can also play 4-3 DE (his natural fit) and obviously 3-4 OLB too (as Chubb did). And so what if Von is still on the roster? Young would have the great opportunity to learn from a future Hall of Famer while also rotating with him (31 years old next year) and Chubb (coming off a torn ACL).

I would prioritize our top needs as OT, CB, and QB. But looking ahead, with the FA situation and the personnel we have on the roster, picking a true generational talent (I get that the term is overused) in Chase Young would provide a valuable cornerstone in turning our franchise around in the 2020s.
    2014 Adopt-A-Bronco: #43 T.J. WARD & #38 QUINTON CARTER
    2013 Adopt-A-Bronco: #25 CHRIS HARRIS

chase young looks like a kid who will work his way up into mack and miller standings of best pass rusher in the league. he would be an asset to have but if we grab young i'd be looking to trade miller here soon. it would defintelly signify the end of miller in denver. but we need O-line if we get into a position where we could take Andrew Thomas and Chase young is on the board. i would go Thomas just cause have a need more. i feel Thomas has All-pro LT upside.

oakland raders gm

He will be a top 3 pick .

Quote Originally Posted by Kyousukeneko View Post
    chase young looks like a kid who will work his way up into mack and miller standings of best pass rusher in the league. he would be an asset to have but if we grab young i'd be looking to trade miller here soon. it would defintelly signify the end of miller in denver. but we need O-line if we get into a position where we could take Andrew Thomas and Chase young is on the board. i would go Thomas just cause have a need more. i feel Thomas has All-pro LT upside.
    We wonít need to trade Miller. Again, Young would be a DE in Fangios defense, ala DeMarcus Walker but much better. Young, Chubb, and Miller will be a nightmare for any QB.

I really like Thomas as well, these 2 guys are the safest picks in the draft and if we finish with a top 5 pick we must land one of them.

maybe he will be a great player, maybe he won't. Chubb didn't help win many games. Miller isn't helping win many games. Pass rushers don't matter if you don't have DBs who can cover and don't have an offesne who can get a lead. Next year we will have the worst Oline I can remeber ever having and the starting CBs will be Callahan and Dawson/Bausby. Throw on top of that we don't a QB who you can build a team around...sure doesn't seem like it anyway and then I have ask...why in the world would we want another OLB, or DE if that possibility were even real when we need those other positions so much more?

looking back now, how many here would have rather have taken Quenton nelson over Chubb? My hand is up. I was a huge proponent of nelson, which many of you know, but that isn't the reason I ask this. You CAN"T do anything without a solid Oline and we will have a very young QB either next year or the year after. We have to protect him. Do you really want to put Lock, or some other QB, behind our current Oline? Where do you want to find these Olinemen? 5th round? 6th?

I'll leave out the QBs because I am unsure if they will be looking at one this season in the first round. We might be able to get Thomas in the 1st and Biadasz or Kindley in the 2nd ( if they come out). Bryce Hall, Fulton, and Jaylen Johnson are all solid CB prospects to be taken in the 1st or 2nd round. Chase Young is a luxury pick we can't afford to make this year.

We wonít need to trade Miller. Again, Young would be a DE in Fangios defense, ala DeMarcus Walker but much better. Young, Chubb, and Miller will be a nightmare for any QB.

I really like Thomas as well, these 2 guys are the safest picks in the draft and if we finish with a top 5 pick we must land one of them.
    no he would be an edge rusher he would be focused at OLB such as a guy like MAck not like Walker. Young would be used to try to explode around the edge and get sacks. we want him more focused on pass rushing on all downs not just the end of the round. WAlker and Young are different players and young has never played DT at Ohio state so i am not sure he would be as effective rushing from the inside. plus Fangio Likes having Beef on his D-line which Young doesn't bring. he wants so 300+ pound guys with freaky atheletism he would play the Role of a Guy like MAck or Aldon Smith aka OLB. DE in fangios D are need to be to focused on gap control to play the way we would want to play Young

oakland raders gm

Quote Originally Posted by HDbroncos02 View Post
    Chase Young is scary good. That's a blue chip prospect that people would be putting at #1 in re-drafts years from now. I love Andrew Thomas and would be ecstatic if he fell to us, but if by some miracle, Chase Young is available, I don't care what our needs are... we have to take him.

Fangio doesn't exclusively run a 3-4. There will be packages where we can line Chase Young up as a 3-4 DE in pass-rushing situations, and heck, he's a great run stopper too (although he's not an ideal fit as a 5-tech). But he can also play 4-3 DE (his natural fit) and obviously 3-4 OLB too (as Chubb did). And so what if Von is still on the roster? Young would have the great opportunity to learn from a future Hall of Famer while also rotating with him (31 years old next year) and Chubb (coming off a torn ACL).

I would prioritize our top needs as OT, CB, and QB. But looking ahead, with the FA situation and the personnel we have on the roster, picking a true generational talent (I get that the term is overused) in Chase Young would provide a valuable cornerstone in turning our franchise around in the 2020s.

Why does the D need turned around? We already have a good D.

So we keep concentrating on players for the D that are down the priority list. So we will be able to hold teams to 16 pts a game meanwhile we will score 6. I get what your saying, But outside pass rush is not an issue that needs to be addressed on defense. But it certainly is an extremely high need on Offense, along with Center and guard and we will see how RT works out. The whole adding expensive free agent OL cause they are the best available at the time has been a miserable failure. Our last draft wasn't to bad imo and we actually got a starting quality Olineman. I would like to continue this trend. Our Oline is not a player or 2 away, imo it is many players away including depth. It would be nice to be able to pick the best player available. But we are at a point where we need the best player available at a position of need. And other than 1 guy, pretty much our hole line is a need. I'd like to think James would also work out, but at this point he has shown me nothing to say I would have confidence in him next year. And we aren't going to be able to fill out all our Oline positions with expensive free agents. Nor has that worked out so far cause the best ones at the positions normally aren't available so instead of paying for the best at the position, we are over paying for the best available at that position. That is surely not a way to turn this franchise around. IMO we need to deal with the elephant in the room cause it won't fit under the carpet anymore.
    Last edited by FL BRONCO; 10-29-2019 at 06:20 PM.
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter