Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    To add insult to injury, the 11th-hour divorce with Kubiak was caused by the insistence to bring Munchak and block some of Kubiak's coaches from returning.

Guess what, the OL is not playing any better and Scangarello and Munchak are not a good combination. No surprise though, since Munchak is primarily a man-blocking coach and does not come from the Shanahan / ZBS coaching tree.

The OL coach usually coordinates the run game and, as a result, the Broncos are running a lot of man-blocking scheme. No wide zones, no ZBS focus like the Shanahan offense is supposed to be.

So Elway brought Scangarello, who is a disciple from Kyle Shanahan, but Scangarello is not running Kyle Shanahan's system because the OL coach comes from another tree and teaches man/power blocking.

Basically we're mixing some Shanahan passing game with a hybrid running game with a lot of man blocking and no wide zones.

All the success of the passing game and play action in this offense comes from the structure of the running game, which we are not using.

It's brilliant. And Elway / Fangio certainly knew what they were getting into when they sent Kubiak away to bring a rookie OC without experience.

On the other hand, Kubiak's system with Rick Dennison as the OL coach is working nicely in Minnesota, even with Kevin Stefanski calling the plays.

There will be zero shock if Scangarello becomes the scapegoat for another losing season and Elway - without any accountability - goes for his 5th OC in 5 seasons. It's almost as if the front office is drunk, and the 'almost' was ironic.
    Bruh I’ve been saying this all season about the zone blocking scheme vs the power blocking scheme however I’m just accused of hating the brass but I’m glad somebody else is finally saying the same.

I don’t know what Elway was thinking but he should’ve went with who Munchak would’ve suggest and ran a more power blocking style since we signed Munchak first.

Munchaks style would had benefited Flacco as well sinces he’s not mobile at all. Lock may make a difference in Scangarellos offense being that he can scramble but how long would it take him to fully understand the offense. I don’t think we’ll see either get the chance to work together in a game, at least not this season.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-27-2019 at 07:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Oh he lucky I not the O cord I'd have told him, hell you ain't done nothing with the ball all game so what make me think you'll produce on a 4th down call?
    And you’d be dead wrong. Joe is completely right. Play calling has been a major issue all season long. It’s been more of the problem than Joe’s play. And that’s not saying Joe has been anything close to good. But the OC has been beyond terrible.

We absolutely must retain Munchak and dump Scangarello and hire an OC who runs more of a power scheme.

Not sure about him tbo. Were 8 games in that's it . We have new coaches , scheme and Qb. I think hes learning . We need continuity and you cant get that by hiring and firing every other year. The play at the end was horrid . 3rd and 5 and Colts only need a FG to win . If they need a TD to win then running is right play.

Here’s the kicker for me. There are many posters who point out that firing coaches every year will make us a coaching graveyard that no coach will want to be a part of.

There’s a reason why our HC is getting his 1st shot at 61. There’s a reason why our OC is a full blown rookie play caller.

It kind of feels like we’re already in take what we can get mode.

Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Here’s the kicker for me. There are many posters who point out that firing coaches every year will make us a coaching graveyard that no coach will want to be a part of.

There’s a reason why our HC is getting his 1st shot at 61. There’s a reason why our OC is a full blown rookie play caller.

It kind of feels like we’re already in take what we can get mode.
    Seriously, then they bring up big names like Jim Harbaugh, like why in the world would he come to this mess???

I'm not going to judge a young coach in a new position for his first go-a-round. I don't like his play calling much but I'm sure it will improve with experience, a better O-line and QB. I agree with JF on the last game. A quick button hook to Sutton or a tight end sounds like much higher percentage play to pick up 5 yards.

I could be in the minority on this, but I don't think scangarello is a bad play caller at all. I think he is hindered by a terrible quarterback and a terrible tandem of tackles. I don't care if you are Kyle shanahan, that is a recipe for disaster

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

People want to give him grief for not throwing on third down, I get it. But, Flacco couldn't convert 3rd and 4 shortly before what makes you think he can do it on 3rd and 5? Running the ball and trusting a defense that was dominant was not a bad call in my opinion. In reality if they do let him throw the odds are actually greater that he gets sacked and the possibility of him turning it over

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Seriously, then they bring up big names like Jim Harbaugh, like why in the world would he come to this mess???
    Especially when you look at the state of the organization. If I were a coach, the state of this franchise, starting with ownership vs trust, would be a huge red flag. We're sort of stuck IMO.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    People want to give him grief for not throwing on third down, I get it. But, Flacco couldn't convert 3rd and 4 shortly before what makes you think he can do it on 3rd and 5? Running the ball and trusting a defense that was dominant was not a bad call in my opinion. In reality if they do let him throw the odds are actually greater that he gets sacked and the possibility of him turning it over
    The jury is still out on Scangs, for sure. Totally agree that it doesn't really help matters that we have a QB who moves like a glacier and blasts the coaching staff in his presser.

Well, running the ball could result in a fumble and possible loss of yardage. But, in the end they are pros and should be able to connect on a quick hitch. I do believe JF has a better feel for the situation then..... most, by actually being in the game. The defense has been great in all the last minute losses.

I don't have any problems with The coaching staff so far. They are dealing with an abysmal O line and were given a garbage statue of a QB./ We cant expect them to compete in the Indy 500 with a pinto.

The D is strong still and I feel if we fix the O, we will be in good shape. DRAFT O LINE
    Going on record saying I love our off season coaching hires.

It's not about what if they didnt convert on a pass play , it was the conservative sit on your hands and hold your breath mindset . Had they thrown and didnt convert then oh well. If Colts needed a TD to win the game a run play is a smart play. When a FG is all that is needed the 1st down became a priority over forcing the Colts to take a to thus a pass play was the better option. Heck we went all aggresive at the beginning of the Chiefs game only to clam up at the end of the Colts game . We have 2 wins and running the ball on 3rd & 5 was gutless .

Remember last year when the 49ers had their backup QB
    in and they kicked our butts? Hopefully he can do that with our Young QB?