Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 31 to 45 of 136
  1. #31
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,274
    Quote Originally Posted by DenverBlood View Post
    Whoís going to call out Flacco for all his mistakes? Early in the game every time they dialed up calls to let him be the man he choked it away. Either with bad sacks of throw always.

    I mean we had a first and goal with 0 run plays called and he threw it away 3 times.

    Flacco has 0 right to call out anyone right now. Right or wrong you shouldnít be calling anyone out when you arenít squared away yourself.
    Donít get me wrong, Flacco hasnít played good football this season at all. But play calling and protection have been just as large, if not more, a part of our offensive woes as Flacco has. Play calling has been anti-rhythmic. He may string together 2-3 good plays, stay ahead of the sticks. Then we go to something stupid like the Jet Sweep and lose 5 yards. Then comes the customary inside run to Lindsay. Now itís 3rd and 14 and you want Joe to be the ďmanĒ as you say????? Not gonna happen. His last scoring drives against the Bears and Jags were great examples of the few times this season we called great plays in succession and let Joe get rolling. And he actually looked decent. Drives werenít killed with silly plays.

    Now the Chefs game........Flacco was horrendous. But today he wasnít that bad. The sacks, only Watson and Mahomes get out of those sacks. Where are you going when 3/5ths of the OL get bull rushed into you?

  2. #32
    Join Date
    Dec 2003
    Location
    NJ
    Posts
    8,274
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Disagree. There is talent there. Sutton is becoming a top 10 WR in this league and the RBs are very good.
    I agree. We need to cut out the ďtrickĒ plays after big gains into the red zone. Jet Sweep is becoming the new WR Screen for us. Itís doesnít fool anyone and often puts us at 2nd & long. And itís usually followed by a Bolles holding call. Then weíre settling for a long FG. Play calling need to be better. It will lead to better execution

  3. #33
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,342
    at this point there's no way you can fire him. The team has undergone so many OC changes that at some point you need to try to stick with one, if only for consistency. Flacco, O-line, and rookie receivers are all part of this issue right now. On top of that, the FO won't make the changes necessary to help this offense out.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  4. #34
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,561
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    at this point there's no way you can fire him. The team has undergone so many OC changes that at some point you need to try to stick with one, if only for consistency. Flacco, O-line, and rookie receivers are all part of this issue right now. On top of that, the FO won't make the changes necessary to help this offense out.
    I agree, I donít think he should be fired. He needs learn from this loss and be more aggressive.

  5. #35
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    at this point there's no way you can fire him. The team has undergone so many OC changes that at some point you need to try to stick with one, if only for consistency. Flacco, O-line, and rookie receivers are all part of this issue right now. On top of that, the FO won't make the changes necessary to help this offense out.
    Bring in Mike to be an advisor.

  6. #36
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,448
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    They had their guy, they had their future coach, it was Kubiak. Health cost us that. Elway found the perfect candidate, he made the right call. Let's not make it seem like he's whiffed on all his choices.
    Let Dennison walk after Kubiak stepped down, hired McCoy. Fired McCoy midseason, promoted Musgrave. Fired Musgrave. Ran Kubiak [the perfect OC candidate] out of town to bring Munchak. Hired Scangarello. Now Scangarello is looking like a one-and-done OC.

    Kubiak's health as HC does not justify the franchise having 4 different OC's in 4 seasons - and no one will be surprised if we see 5 in 5. And what about the QB choices since Manning retired?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  7. #37
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,561
    Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    Disagree. There is talent there. Sutton is becoming a top 10 WR in this league and the RBs are very good.
    We have enough talent to stand toe to toe with a team that beat Mahomes and Watson in back to back games.

  8. #38
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Let Dennison walk after Kubiak stepped down, hired McCoy. Fired McCoy midseason, promoted Musgrave. Fired Musgrave. Ran Kubiak [the perfect OC candidate] out of town to bring Munchak. Hired Scangarello. Now Scangarello is looking like a one-and-done OC.

    Kubiak's health as HC does not justify the franchise having 4 different OC's in 4 seasons - and no one will be surprised if we see 5 in 5. And what about the QB choices since Manning retired?
    Your take is suspect at best. Miss me with the Dennison talk, since he hired a new HC and that comes with a new staff. Yes, he missed on the the Vance Joseph era. You're counting replacements to guys being removed as "hires". That's just not how it goes. So since Kubiak he's really only hired two guys to be OC. Your take is bad and suspect.

  9. #39
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Roskilde, Denmark
    Posts
    2,844
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    They had their guy, they had their future coach, it was Kubiak. Health cost us that. Elway found the perfect candidate, he made the right call. Let's not make it seem like he's whiffed on all his choices.
    Elway also sent Kubiak packing, which is likely the worst decision he has made in his tenure, though there are many to choose from

  10. #40
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,415
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Your take is suspect at best. Miss me with the Dennison talk, since he hired a new HC and that comes with a new staff. Yes, he missed on the the Vance Joseph era. You're counting replacements to guys being removed as "hires". That's just not how it goes. So since Kubiak he's really only hired two guys to be OC. Your take is bad and suspect.
    Maybe to a point but I think there is truth there if more in the middle of the issue. Kubiak left mostly because his coaches were not approved. If the FO's hands were involved than it's probable they were before.

  11. #41
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Posts
    10,243
    Scangarello has the Broncos a home dog to the Browns. Let that marinate for a while. The radio broadcaster for Denver said itís the worst offense heís seen. And he is directly tied to the team. You canít fire him, but someone needs to light a fire under him.

  12. #42
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    Maybe to a point but I think there is truth there if more in the middle of the issue. Kubiak left mostly because his coaches were not approved. If the FO's hands were involved than it's probable they were before.
    Unlikely, as the team was in the playoff hunt all the way to week 17. They missed it by one game, with their HC missing a game, and the interm having Paxton as his QB. That was Kubiak's second major health scare as a HC, until our job was open he was rebuffing openings when he was in Baltimore. His body simply couldn't handle the consistent beat down. Stop this attempted revisionist history.

  13. #43
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by BroncoFanDK View Post
    Elway also sent Kubiak packing, which is likely the worst decision he has made in his tenure, though there are many to choose from
    Too soon to tell, will revisit the subject when Munchak has more than about half a season here.

  14. #44
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,342
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Bring in Mike to be an advisor.
    Mike Shanahan will likely never join this roster with Ellis and Elway.
    Superbowl 50 Champions!

  15. #45
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    82
    I am convinced that the playing not to lose is coming from Fangio. The getting cute is coming from Scangarello. Say what you want about Flacco, but had Kubiak been named OC, Flacco would have been his choice. Kubiak has a great deal of respect for Flacco, from their time together in 2014. They beat Pittsburgh at Heinz Field in the playoffs for the first time in team history and almost beat the Patriots at Gillette again.

    The one thing Kubiak would have done, seeing as Flacco would have been his QB, was not rest on his laurels with the offensive line. When he took over as OC in Baltimore, the biggest difference in performance came from the offensive line. The only WR they had was Steve Smith Sr., they didnít have a good TE and their top RB was Justin Forsett. Yet, they still accomplished so much.

    He would not have gone into this season with the line issues this team had.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •