Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast
Results 46 to 60 of 136
  1. #46
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Rio de Janeiro, Brazil
    Posts
    19,447
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    So since Kubiak he's really only hired two guys to be OC.
    1) Mike McCoy
    2) Musgrave
    3) Scangarello

    Can you count? Apparently not...
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

  2. #47
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Mike Shanahan will likely never join this roster with Ellis and Elway.
    It was very close to happening about a year ago. He even visited camp this year, things are trending in a positive direction.

  3. #48
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    It was very close to happening about a year ago. He even visited camp this year, things are trending in a positive direction.
    Couldn’t disagree more.

    If any of these law suits filed by the Bowlens make it to the court room, you’d better believe that Mike Shanahan will be the first witness called on their behalf and it won’t be good for Eliss at all.

  4. #49
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,409
    1. This isn't the smack forum
    2. Personal attacks are against the code of conduct.

  5. #50
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    1) Mike McCoy
    2) Musgrave
    3) Scangarello

    Can you count? Apparently not...
    Musgrave was brought in to be the QB coach, got promoted to the position. He was not hired by Elway to be the OC, he had the tag lifted. Different situation. Can you make fair and justified criticism? Apparently not...

  6. #51
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Couldn’t disagree more.

    If any of these law suits filed by the Bowlens make it to the court room, you’d better believe that Mike Shanahan will be the first witness called on their behalf and it won’t be good for Eliss at all.
    https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.cbs...h-in-2017/amp/

    I mean it was close to happening.

  7. #52
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,289
    Scangs has done nothing to “wow” me at any point this season. His play calling goes from predictable and boring to strange and head scratching.

  8. #53
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    Musgrave was brought in to be the QB coach, got promoted to the position. He was not hired by Elway to be the OC, he had the tag lifted. Different situation. Can you make fair and justified criticism? Apparently not...
    Musgrave held the position for a whole other season after McCoy was fired. Wether he was hired for the position in the beginning or not he was in fact promoted by Elway which is the same thing.

    Scang is in fact the fourth offensive coordinator put in place by John Elway and that is in fact a “fair and just criticism”!

  9. #54
    Join Date
    Oct 2006
    Posts
    10,582
    More than one thing can be true at the same time...

    The talent on offense is bad. They have Sutton and Linsday, and that's about it.

    The carousel of offensive coordinators has led to inconsistency and poor development of younger players.

    The playcalling and coordination has been consistently bad.

    BUT...regardless, I think you HAVE TO stick with Scangarello through this season and at least halfway into next season. I know that's something some fans may not want to hear but this is getting to the point of equaling when Shanahan would fire defensive coordinators every year.

  10. #55
    Join Date
    Oct 2013
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    13,409
    Quote Originally Posted by RocketArm006 View Post
    Scangs has done nothing to “wow” me at any point this season. His play calling goes from predictable and boring to strange and head scratching.
    After all these games I'm left with the impression that he's in over his head. Flacco hasn't done him any favors but boy does the party calling look anemic.

    I don't see us moving in from him though only after half a season in his first OC position.

  11. #56
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    More than one thing can be true at the same time...

    The talent on offense is bad. They have Sutton and Linsday, and that's about it.

    The carousel of offensive coordinators has led to inconsistency and poor development of younger players.

    The playcalling and coordination has been consistently bad.

    BUT...regardless, I think you HAVE TO stick with Scangarello through this season and at least halfway into next season. I know that's something some fans may not want to hear but this is getting to the point of equaling when Shanahan would fire defensive coordinators every year.
    This could be the blessing in disguise that this franchise so desperately needs.

    Eliss pushed for shanny to be fired and if Bowlen was still alive and running this team, we may had seen Eliss pushing for Elways dismissal just the same, it’s just a shame Eliss can’t muster the fortitude to it himself.

  12. #57
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Posts
    14,858
    Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Musgrave held the position for a whole other season after McCoy was fired. Wether he was hired for the position in the beginning or not he was in fact promoted by Elway which is the same thing.

    Scang is in fact the fourth offensive coordinator put in place by John Elway and that is in fact a “fair and just criticism”!
    He was promoted by VJ, not Elway. Elway decided to try for consistency at the coaching positions, after the Shannahan deal couldn't be reached. So no, it's not a fair and just criticism.

  13. #58
    Join Date
    May 2008
    Posts
    2,289
    Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    After all these games I'm left with the impression that he's in over his head. Flacco hasn't done him any favors but boy does the party calling look anemic.

    I don't see us moving in from him though only after half a season in his first OC position.
    I agree he seems to be in over head. Not really calling for his head yet, he just doesn’t impress me at all.

  14. #59
    Join Date
    Dec 2004
    Location
    The 5280
    Posts
    13,346
    Quote Originally Posted by the0rangecrush View Post
    He was promoted by VJ, not Elway. Elway decided to try for consistency at the coaching positions, after the Shannahan deal couldn't be reached. So no, it's not a fair and just criticism.
    Now your just reaching and making things up to support your narrative. VJ did not promote him without John’s approval.

  15. #60
    Join Date
    Oct 2011
    Posts
    639
    SCANGA-I-BLOW is horrible. The play calling is atrocious. Predictable and boring. Can't get much worse than that
    Wanting to win does not make you a winner. Refusing to fail does.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •