Page 5 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Scangerello is about as good as we could hope from a rookie OC. The issue is we have arguably the worst QB for running this offense. You can't fault Scangs for Flacco.
    But Flacco is a given, I mean what can you fault him for in this loss, was he flat out missing ? No

Was he a statue, no not today

Did he hit his open guys yes

Flacco in known... he isnít a scrambler, he isnít going to scramble around and take off for 20, heís not gonna make a defender miss a sack
    Heís a see it throw it QB

But we all know that... so should our OC and call plays accordingly!!

You think that Flacco is following the script to a tee until we hit the red zone and then calls his own plays? ... no the red zone offense has been absolutely horrible and it isnít just Flacco itís the play caller

Our 3rd down offense is putrid ... we havenít converted more than 10 3rd down conversions all season

Some is Flacco, some is drops like we see each week... but most is just in creative crap calls

Quote Originally Posted by arapaho View Post
    But Flacco is a given, I mean what can you fault him for in this loss, was he flat out missing ? No

Was he a statue, no not today

Did he hit his open guys yes

Flacco in known... he isnít a scrambler, he isnít going to scramble around and take off for 20, heís not gonna make a defender miss a sack
    Heís a see it throw it QB

But we all know that... so should our OC and call plays accordingly!!

You think that Flacco is following the script to a tee until we hit the red zone and then calls his own plays? ... no the red zone offense has been absolutely horrible and it isnít just Flacco itís the play caller

Our 3rd down offense is putrid ... we havenít converted more than 10 3rd down conversions all season

Some is Flacco, some is drops like we see each week... but most is just in creative crap calls
    I don't think the FO or coaching staff has been honest with themselves about Flacco. I think they hyper-focused on his play in a similar offense in 2014, no realizing or giving credence to his deteriorating play the years to follow. In August, Scangerello called Flacco the most athletic QB he's ever worked with. Clearly he is either incapable of assessing strengths or he only was seeing what he wanted to see.

At this point, I don't trust the coaching staff's "he's not ready" evaluation of Drew Lock, either. I won't be surprised if the best offensive play we see all year comes in his 1 or 2 starts.

Quote Originally Posted by Rastic View Post
    After all these games I'm left with the impression that he's in over his head. Flacco hasn't done him any favors but boy does the party calling look anemic.

I don't see us moving in from him though only after half a season in his first OC position.
    Did someone say party? I could use a strong drink about now. Lol

To add insult to injury, the 11th-hour divorce with Kubiak was caused by the insistence to bring Munchak and block some of Kubiak's coaches from returning and, guess what, the OL is not playing any better and Scangarello and Munchak are not a good combination. No surprise though, since Munchak is primarily a man-blocking coach and does not come from the Shanahan / ZBS coaching tree. The OL coach usually coordinates the run game and, as a result, the Broncos are running a lot of man-blocking scheme. No wide zones, no ZBS focus like the Shanahan offense is supposed to be. So Elway brought Scangarello, who is a disciple from Kyle Shanahan, but Scangarello is not running Kyle Shanahan's system because the OL coach comes from another tree and teaches man/power blocking.

Basically we're mixing some Shanahan passing game with a hybrid running game with a lot of man blocking and no wide zones. All the success of the passing game and play action in this offense comes from the structure of the running game, which we are not using. It's brilliant. And Elway / Fangio certainly knew what they were getting into when they sent Kubiak away to bring a rookie OC without experience. On the other hand, Kubiak's system with Rick Dennison as the OL coach is working nicely in Minnesota, even with Kevin Stefanski calling the plays. There will be zero shock if Scangarello becomes the scapegoat for another losing season and Elway - without any accountability - goes for his 5th OC in 5 seasons. It's almost as if the front office is drunk, and the 'almost' was ironic.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Definitely not a Joe Flacco weíve heard before but he is in fact blasting the playing calling.
    It's about time I'd say.
    http://i93.photobucket.com/albums/l7...amp69/asdf.jpg
    And yes it is a scheme problem.
    Adopted player Lindsey

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    To add insult to injury, the 11th-hour divorce with Kubiak was caused by the insistence to bring Munchak and block some of Kubiak's coaches from returning and, guess what, the OL is not playing any better and Scangarello and Munchak are not a good combination. No surprise though, since Munchak is primarily a man-blocking coach and does not come from the Shanahan / ZBS coaching tree. The OL coach usually coordinates the run game and, as a result, the Broncos are running a lot of man-blocking scheme. No wide zones, no ZBS focus like the Shanahan offense is supposed to be. So Elway brought Scangarello, who is a disciple from Kyle Shanahan, but Scangarello is not running Kyle Shanahan's system because the OL coach comes from another tree and teaches man/power blocking.

Basically we're mixing some Shanahan passing game with a hybrid running game with a lot of man blocking and no wide zones. All the success of the passing game and play action in this offense comes from the structure of the running game, which we are not using. It's brilliant. And Elway / Fangio certainly knew what they were getting into when they sent Kubiak away to bring a rookie OC without experience. On the other hand, Kubiak's system with Rick Dennison as the OL coach is working nicely in Minnesota, even with Kevin Stefanski calling the plays. There will be zero shock if Scangarello becomes the scapegoat for another losing season and Elway - without any accountability - goes for his 5th OC in 5 seasons. It's almost as if the front office is drunk, and the 'almost' was ironic.
    I would love to read your post but itís too much. Perhaps, paragraphs might help to aid the readers? Too much content without paragraphs?
    Last edited by broncoslover115; 10-27-2019 at 04:38 PM.

I can't judge him until I see him with a QB that can actually run an NFL offense.

I won't judge an OC that's saddled with one of the worst QBs in the NFL.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Did someone say party? I could use a strong drink about now. Lol
    Last edited by Rastic; 10-27-2019 at 05:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by flosstein View Post
    Heís right though.........
    Oh he lucky I not the O cord I'd have told him, hell you ain't done nothing with the ball all game so what make me think you'll produce on a 4th down call?

Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Oh he lucky I not the O cord I'd have told him, hell you ain't done nothing with the ball all game so what make me think you'll produce on a 4th down call?
    It was a 3rd and 5, not a 4th down play.

And Iíd hope if you were the OC and donít like how Flacco is playing you would just bench him for Brandon Allen instead of making the letís run clock and punt........on a 3rd and 5!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    It was a 3rd and 5, not a 4th down play.

And Iíd hope if you were the OC and donít like how Flacco is playing you would just bench him for Brandon Allen instead of making the letís run clock and punt........on a 3rd and 5!!!!!
    Not the head coach but yes I'd mention it. Season is lost anyways let's see what the others got unless Flacco is long term and id hope that he wasn't

Scared-garello. Yes, no...

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I don't think the FO or coaching staff has been honest with themselves about Flacco. I think they hyper-focused on his play in a similar offense in 2014, no realizing or giving credence to his deteriorating play the years to follow. In August, Scangerello called Flacco the most athletic QB he's ever worked with. Clearly he is either incapable of assessing strengths or he only was seeing what he wanted to see.

At this point, I don't trust the coaching staff's "he's not ready" evaluation of Drew Lock, either. I won't be surprised if the best offensive play we see all year comes in his 1 or 2 starts.
    Who knows if he can improve, maybe with a more mobile qb we might get a real look

But right now this offense sucks

I am ready for lock

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Great post.

Quote Originally Posted by Shiz View Post
    Scared-garello. Yes, no...
    that is the best Iíve heard it put so far.