Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
    Benjamin Allbright

@AllbrightNFL
    Counterpoint to Flacco:

If it "isnt that hard to get in FG range" why wasn't he able to get them there on the Broncos final 6 drives

Quote Originally Posted by fraguela09 View Post
    Benjamin Allbright

@AllbrightNFL
    Counterpoint to Flacco:

If it "isnt that hard to get in FG range" why wasn't he able to get them there on the Broncos final 6 drives
    Exactly!! The more I think about his comments the more pissed I got. How dare he have the Mango's to call out anyone when he's been junk all year

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Joe is averaging 5.4 yards a throw, we needed 5 yards.......i am no math mathematician but that seems like something we probably could convert.
    Yeah. Putting the ball into Flacco's hands (which good teams should be able to do - ya know, winning based off the play of their QB in crunch time) on the most important play and/or third down of the game really gives me hope that he'd be able to convert it based off the awesome past efficiency of going 2 for 12 on third downs earlier in the game...

Since you claim to be no mathematician - that's a whopping 0.16% conversion rate.

This isn't a thread on Flacco's ability it's a thread on our coaches being way too conservative. I don't care if you have Ryan Leaf back there, if it's 3rd and 5 and a first down wins the game you don't dial up a run play.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    Yeah. Putting the ball into Flacco's hands (which good teams should be able to do - ya know, winning based off the play of their QB in crunch time) on the most important play and/or third down of the game really gives me hope that he'd be able to convert it based off the awesome past efficiency of going 2 for 12 on third downs earlier in the game...

Since you claim to be no mathematician - that's a whopping 0.16% conversion rate.
    As long as Flacco is the QB the best bet was the run the ball.

Flacco has been failing on 3rd downs all season long. His rating on 3rd and 4th down is 33rd in the NFL (there are 32 teams if you forgot) before last weekend games.

https://www.milehighreport.com/2019/...down%20passing.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    This isn't a thread on Flacco's ability it's a thread on our coaches being way too conservative. I don't care if you have Ryan Leaf back there, if it's 3rd and 5 and a first down wins the game you don't dial up a run play.
    Even with Ryan Leaf? So you think a good coach is one who will throw the ball even though everything tells them that play will fail?

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    It's all hand in hand.

Flacco wants to pass, fine throw a pass play.

But let's be honest - not that our first-time offensive coordinator has been wowing anyone with his play-calling, his lame offensive scheme and play calls could in part be due to the fact that we have a very average quarterback trying to throw the ball - and he simply knows he can't put the ball in his hands in situations like these.

I know, I know. Scangarello SHOULD allow him to throw the ball. But maybe he doesn't trust Joe Flacco? I mean - the best p

I mean - here's Joe Flacco on a 3rd and 4 before the half:

https://gfycat.com/unselfisheasygoingfinwhale-football

If Flacco thinks it's "not that hard" to get into field goal range - why couldn't he do it here? All I see is a QB who gets pressured - breaks down and locks onto a receiver - and misses a WIDE open Sutton crossing the field.

I'm sure Scangarello and Flacco went over this play at halftime right? Really inspires a lot of faith for a future game-changing play....

The run play was weak. But hey - I bet if you took a poll in Broncos country:

Who do you trust more to make a play on a third and 5: Joe Flacco or Phillip Lindsey - I would bet a good penny Lindsey would come out on top.
    Last edited by Peerless; 10-28-2019 at 05:17 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Peerless View Post
    It's all hand in hand.

Flacco wants to pass, fine throw a pass play.

But let's be honest - not that our first-time offensive coordinator has been wowing anyone with his play-calling, his lame offensive scheme and play calls could in part be due to the fact that we have a very average quarterback trying to throw the ball - and he simply knows he can't put the ball in his hands in situaiton like these.

I know, I know. Scangarello SHOULD allow him to throw the ball.

I mean - here's Joe Flacco on a 3rd and 4 before the half:

https://gfycat.com/unselfisheasygoingfinwhale-football

If Flacco thinks it's "not that hard" to get into field goal range - why couldn't he do it here? All I see is a QB who gets pressured - breaks down and locks onto a receiver - and misses a WIDE open Sutton crossing the field.
    Maybe Ryan Leaf would have hit that first down but Flacco missed it

Well, at least people can stop insinuating that Joe doesnít care.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

Quote Originally Posted by mojo0730 View Post
    Joe Flacco basically said that the coaches cost them the game today, saying they should have allowed them to either go for it on 4th down, or thrown it on third when they were trying to close out the game. He said essentially they're playing not to lose the game.
    Flacco had the 33rd ranking of QBs on 3rd and 4th down in the NFL going into the weekend.

A couple posts above shows him missing a wide open first down throw on 3rd and 4.

There is a reason Flacco won a Super Bowl MVP in Balt and they still wanted to trade him. His comments yesterday and his play in 2019 are just examples of why we should have never traded for him imo

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Well, at least people can stop insinuating that Joe doesn’t care.
    Did average Joe care when we were playing KC a few weeks back, as he kept checking down time after time in important drive sustaining situations?

Flacco can rip coaches all he wants. He is just as big of a problem as their play-calling. But like I said before, their play calling is probably because of average Joe himself.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post
    Well, at least people can stop insinuating that Joe doesn’t care.
    Maybe he should care more about improving his horrible performance so that coaches can have faith in his ability to convert 3rd down

32 QBs in the NFL have a better rating on 3rd and 4th down than Flacco going into the weekend. There are 32 teams in the NFL

Part of his comments were "Why can be we more aggressive"

Well look into the mirror Joe Flacco....that is why

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Even with Ryan Leaf? So you think a good coach is one who will throw the ball even though everything tells them that play will fail?
    Letting them have to burn their last timeout isn't a big deal when they just have to drive down to kick a FG to win.

I don't care who the players are. If it's 3rd and 5 and you have a chance to win the game, you pass the ball. It's a mentality and killer instinct that I want the broncos to have whether it's Flacco at QB or Manning.

I really think Flacco going off on the podium pretty much sums up the current culture of the franchise.

Itís obvious the locker room is fractured and guys are starting to point fingers.

I really donít care if heís right or not - which he is, of course, because the play call was horrific. Still, shut your face because youíve been playing poorly and the coaching staff trusts Taz more than you.

This isnít about play calling. Itís about the fractured, toxic culture that has developed in the organization.

The real problem is Joes performance to even throw it 5 yards. What really would of happened is that the other team would of blitzed Joe would of panicked and threw an interception or a 2 yard pass or better yet just like he did on the last play he would of fumbled it. Before calling out the OC for which I also think is part of the problem Joe is the Real Problem.