Page 7 of 12 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast
Results 91 to 105 of 177
  1. #91
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,691
    Quote Originally Posted by FL BRONCO View Post
    I don't necessarily want Lock in there yet, but I will take anyone over the turnover machine that likes to call out the coaches for not trusting him with the ball. He can take his tude with him and not let the door hit him in the ass. He has more turnovers then TD's and the coaches did the right thing keeping it out of his hands. The Oline is still a problem for sure, but Flacco just added a hole lot more of problems to the dumpster fire. Between his play and his mouth I have no sympathy for him whatsoever.

    Don't get me wrong, what ever injury he may have, I wish him the best on getting healthy, I will just be happy to see him doing so somewhere else. And there is no part of me that thinks an injury lingering for weeks is the reason he is being benched and maybe IR'd.
    FL....I am likin your "direct" commentary on this subject. I too hope he's ok, but I did not want him here, and he has proven to be more or less what many of us expected. I see no reason to play him, and it's time to cut the cord. Go with the young guys and see what they got. BUT design for them (run game/screens/dink and dunk/added blocking/But stretch the field for D respect), while giving them a chance to show what they got.

  2. #92
    Join Date
    May 2004
    Location
    Madison,WI
    Posts
    18,850
    Perfect! Hope yesterday was his last game as a Bronco!

  3. #93
    Join Date
    Apr 2009
    Location
    Loveland
    Posts
    8,520
    Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    FL....I am likin your "direct" commentary on this subject. I too hope he's ok, but I did not want him here, and he has proven to be more or less what many of us expected. I see no reason to play him, and it's time to cut the cord. Go with the young guys and see what they got. BUT design for them (run game/screens/dink and dunk/added blocking/But stretch the field for D respect), while giving them a chance to show what they got.
    Yep, this is the perfect opportunity to part ways without bad blood. Move him to IR and workout an injury settlement, take the dead cap hit and move on. Hopefully Elway learned his lesson this time, but probably not.....

  4. #94
    Join Date
    Oct 2017
    Posts
    1,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Too many people are happy to see a no name kid have his career ruined behind our Oline and crappy playcalling.

    There is one option and no one wants it. No one will want to hear it. And I hate to be the one who says it but we need someone who can run for their life behind our online.

    Swallow whatever pride you have left Elway and call Kap.

    Ill take my flaming now but you all know Im right. I hate the guy but our options are literally garbage right now.
    People are in their feelings thinking ever team in the NFL has a good oline and its. Not like that. Some do and some don't. Do you see or hear deshon watson complaining. He run for his life, get kicked in the eye and still throw a td with one eye. And people on this board always complain about the oline. You get you a REAL qb and see how bad this line really is.

  5. #95
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    People are in their feelings thinking ever team in the NFL has a good oline and its. Not like that. Some do and some don't. Do you see or hear deshon watson complaining. He run for his life, get kicked in the eye and still throw a td with one eye. And people on this board always complain about the oline. You get you a REAL qb and see how bad this line really is.
    O-line is abysmal. Period.

  6. #96
    Join Date
    Mar 2019
    Posts
    14
    Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Neck injury huh? Is that for getting his neck rung by the coaching staff for his tirade after the game.
    Pretty sure it was the last huge hit he took on the final play due to yet more horrible O-Line play....his neck got snapped badly. Allen will be running for his life against an angry Browns team this week....

  7. #97
    Join Date
    Jul 2013
    Location
    Mile High Stadium
    Posts
    9,496
    Quote Originally Posted by Ear2dastreets View Post
    People are in their feelings thinking ever team in the NFL has a good oline and its. Not like that. Some do and some don't. Do you see or hear deshon watson complaining. He run for his life, get kicked in the eye and still throw a td with one eye. And people on this board always complain about the oline. You get you a REAL qb and see how bad this line really is.
    I agree with you on this one, for example Colts oline is considered pretty good and our dline bullied Sunday.

  8. #98
    Join Date
    Mar 2008
    Location
    Winnipeg
    Posts
    32,691
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Yep, this is the perfect opportunity to part ways without bad blood. Move him to IR and workout an injury settlement, take the dead cap hit and move on. Hopefully Elway learned his lesson this time, but probably not.....
    Yes....this could be one of the ongoing changes that will help reshape the team/organization, and help us get back on the road of respectability. And as many have mentioned, it's the hope factor that makes sports so much sweeter.

    Hey, I've seen many rebuilds, and I mean much more active than what I expect of The Broncs, and some have gone good, some bad and some in between. The ones that typically go good, especially for the fans, are when you feel more part of it. That is, they shine light on the young talent that takes on full time roles. And if done correctly, fans get over the fact that the team will need a year or two, but it's clear that the direction makes sense, and adds excitement....with new, upbeat folks coming in.

    It's how you do it. And for me, it should make sense to the fans, especially all those loyal ones who spend money and always show up. Rebuilds can be fun. HOPE is the key word.

  9. #99
    Join Date
    Jun 2007
    Posts
    3,919
    Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    Too many people are happy to see a no name kid have his career ruined behind our Oline and crappy playcalling.

    There is one option and no one wants it. No one will want to hear it. And I hate to be the one who says it but we need someone who can run for their life behind our online.

    Swallow whatever pride you have left Elway and call Kap.

    Ill take my flaming now but you all know Im right. I hate the guy but our options are literally garbage right now.
    Lol! Kaepernick is straight out garbage. Hasn't played in three years and was crap the last season he did play

  10. #100
    Join Date
    Oct 2015
    Location
    San Antonio
    Posts
    9,335
    Well Flacco's career as a Bronco has likely come to an end. And unsurprisingly off an injury like I thought he would. The only mishap to it all is that Lock is STILL on IR, a huge mismanagement by Elway.

  11. #101
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Lake Charles LA
    Posts
    3,873
    Guys I'm a little but disappointed...I know Flacco is bad but should we really be kind of celebrating the fact that he got hurt just so we can see another QB. I mean he is a human being so let's kind of cool it on the "Great as long as we don't have to see Flacco play post."

    Besides Elway the reason I stayed a bronco fan for so long is because I feel we have the greatest fan base. Let's show a little class.

    As for the Situation it's a tough break for Flacco. I didn't expect us to bring him back next year but now the dude may not start again. I think if he does come back depending on injury he'll be a backup. I wish him well. I don't even know this Qb we have now.

    I heat he has never taken a snap, well he get a week max to show what he's got. Otherwise I'd have to assume Lock will be the Qb going forward. We kind of need to see what he has anyways as I believe Lock is a project much like Lynch and want to see games to prove it. If he proves me wrong great I'm still on the we need to go out and draft a Fields Tua type guy.

    However if Lock gets it done then I'm cool with that scenario as well.

    One final tidbit now Rich has no one to blame if the playcalling is still suspect going forward so let's see if we need to dump a coordinator along the way haha.

    Oh and I did not mean to offend anyone with my post I just think we can cool it on openly celebrating Joe's injury even though I get why some do it he's still human at the end of the day.

  12. #102
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,890
    Since Denver hasn't really done anything with the restructured money they saved on Flacco can't they just basically pay it back and not take a dead money hit?


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  13. #103
    Join Date
    Jan 2005
    Location
    Iowa
    Posts
    5,890
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Guys I'm a little but disappointed...I know Flacco is bad but should we really be kind of celebrating the fact that he got hurt just so we can see another QB. I mean he is a human being so let's kind of cool it on the "Great as long as we don't have to see Flacco play post."

    Besides Elway the reason I stayed a bronco fan for so long is because I feel we have the greatest fan base. Let's show a little class.

    As for the Situation it's a tough break for Flacco. I didn't expect us to bring him back next year but now the dude may not start again. I think if he does come back depending on injury he'll be a backup. I wish him well. I don't even know this Qb we have now.

    I heat he has never taken a snap, well he get a week max to show what he's got. Otherwise I'd have to assume Lock will be the Qb going forward. We kind of need to see what he has anyways as I believe Lock is a project much like Lynch and want to see games to prove it. If he proves me wrong great I'm still on the we need to go out and draft a Fields Tua type guy.

    However if Lock gets it done then I'm cool with that scenario as well.

    One final tidbit now Rich has no one to blame if the playcalling is still suspect going forward so let's see if we need to dump a coordinator along the way haha.

    Oh and I did not mean to offend anyone with my post I just think we can cool it on openly celebrating Joe's injury even though I get why some do it he's still human at the end of the day.
    I don't think anyone is celebrating the fact that he actually got hurt we're just glad he is no longer starting.


    Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

  14. #104
    Join Date
    Sep 2019
    Posts
    396
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncoyearound View Post
    Guys I'm a little but disappointed...I know Flacco is bad but should we really be kind of celebrating the fact that he got hurt just so we can see another QB. I mean he is a human being so let's kind of cool it on the "Great as long as we don't have to see Flacco play post."

    Besides Elway the reason I stayed a bronco fan for so long is because I feel we have the greatest fan base. Let's show a little class.

    As for the Situation it's a tough break for Flacco. I didn't expect us to bring him back next year but now the dude may not start again. I think if he does come back depending on injury he'll be a backup. I wish him well. I don't even know this Qb we have now.

    I heat he has never taken a snap, well he get a week max to show what he's got. Otherwise I'd have to assume Lock will be the Qb going forward. We kind of need to see what he has anyways as I believe Lock is a project much like Lynch and want to see games to prove it. If he proves me wrong great I'm still on the we need to go out and draft a Fields Tua type guy.

    However if Lock gets it done then I'm cool with that scenario as well.

    One final tidbit now Rich has no one to blame if the playcalling is still suspect going forward so let's see if we need to dump a coordinator along the way haha.

    Oh and I did not mean to offend anyone with my post I just think we can cool it on openly celebrating Joe's injury even though I get why some do it he's still human at the end of the day.
    I don't think anyone is "celebrating" that he got hurt. Are a lot of us glad that a new QB will be starting Sunday? Sure. But I don't see anybody cheering the fact that Flacco is hurt. You can hope he makes a quick and full recovery and also hope he never starts for the Broncos again.

  15. #105
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Derby, Kansas, United States
    Posts
    27,047
    Quote Originally Posted by CharmCityBronco View Post
    Pretty sure it was the last huge hit he took on the final play due to yet more horrible O-Line play....his neck got snapped badly. Allen will be running for his life against an angry Browns team this week....
    That is incorrect.

    The oline game up 3 sacks with an immobile statue at qb. Flacco is abysmal. The oline is above average and has been in all but two of our games this season. They will play better with Allen who isn't made of ancient stone.


Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •