Page 10 of 12 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 LastLast
    Looks like Flacco could be out for 5-6 weeks. No surgery needed, but his rehab will give the Allen a shot to show us all something. Hopefully Lock will be off IR within that time frame and we'll really get a chance to see the offensive future of the team.

^^^^^ This looks like the perfect ending to an otherwise messy situation. No reason to see him play in 6 weeks. Can there possibly be a reason???

Never believed in rookies being better off sitting. I don't understand the thinking of that. You get better by playing, period.

The only exception imo is if you're putting the kid into a disastrous situation of an oline so I suppose in our case, maybe that's excusable but otherwise, you gotta see what they can do and how they progress. You can usually see early on if they have "it"

There's a reason I drafted Mahomes for my fantasy team his 1st year as starter. You could tell he had it when he played us his rookie year.

You see it in some QB's, you can tell with the others. I can't think of a single QB that I thought sucked early who became a stud. Goff is closest thing but Jeff Fischer, and Goff hasn't necessarily shown he can do it consistently either.

Play this kid Allen, if he sucks, play Lock and see what we got BEFORE going into another offseason

Also, Flacco wasn't wrong. I hate what I've seen from this staff.

Always playing not to lose, trash. Frustrating as hell to see us miss again imo with our HC.

Wish we'd grabbed Shannahan, said it at the time too.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

Always playing not to lose, trash. Frustrating as hell to see us miss again imo with our HC.

Whether he should have said it publicly is one thing, but I agree with Flacco's point too. Third and 5 with the D knowing you're trying to kill the clock so their priority is to stop the run.

If we passed, let's say we had a 50/50 chance of getting the first. If we got it, we win the game right then. If we didn't get it, they have an extra time out but still have the same distance to go and still with a chance for the D to stop them. I know which I'd choose.

Quote Originally Posted by #24 Next Champ View Post

Through eight games the Broncos scored 125 points, the lowest since 1992. We know the offense struggled but that’s almost hard to do.

Saw on the news that Flacco will go on season ending IR and we will be the only team to have both QB’s who have never taken a snap. Also said Lock has accepted the Broncos slow playing his return to practice.

Is anyone else concerned with how much Brandon Allen resembles Paxton Lynch in the face.

Watching the press conference today, I couldn’t help but to make the comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    Is anyone else concerned with how much Brandon Allen resembles Paxton Lynch in the face.

Watching the press conference today, I couldn’t help but to make the comparison.
    As long as he doesn’t play like Lynch I’m fine
    He also happens to only be 6’1”
    Last edited by 58Miller; 10-30-2019 at 06:35 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post

He does kind of look like him, that's weird. As long as he doesn't play like him, he should be fine though.
    Eternal Broncos Optimist

I expect an even more conservative game plan for Allan. Gonna be an extremely boring game, lots of punts and turnovers

Dang I'm wondering what I should do with Sutton on my ffl

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Dang I'm wondering what I should do with Sutton on my ffl
    Start him. Here's already been doing great with a bad qb. Alien would have to be terrible to change that

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    Start him. Here's already been doing great with a bad qb. Alien would have to be terrible to change that
    Good point lol

I hope allen comes out and plays lights out and have the game of his career. Mist guys dont get an opportunity but he is. What better way to put on a show and win a starting gig even if it's just for a few weeks. So hopefully he goes out and plays loose.