Page 9 of 12 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    How long will Kaps name be brought up lol. Let it go hes garbage . We've had enough of garbage Qb play .

But letís keep throwing rookies to the wolves, because that always works right? Rookies sit on the bench for years before they are asked to take over so they can learn.

Iím not claiming Kap to be some savior (I hate the guy, heís a smug jerk), but everyone placing their faith in an injured rookie is just insane.

Ahh finally the team is embracing the tank. Flacco mightíve been able to eek out a win with how much Cleveland turns it over. And announcing that heís out so early gives Cleveland time to prep for Allen and a more run heavy offense. Hopefully I never have to see Flacco on the field again

Quote Originally Posted by Bates View Post
    But letís keep throwing rookies to the wolves, because that always works right? Rookies sit on the bench for years before they are asked to take over so they can learn.

Iím not claiming Kap to be some savior (I hate the guy, heís a smug jerk), but everyone placing their faith in an injured rookie is just insane.
    Rookies donít sit for years anymore especially at QB. Teams that need QBs donít have that luxury

Quote Originally Posted by beastlyskronk View Post
    Rookies donít sit for years anymore especially at QB. Teams that need QBs donít have that luxury
    Right. And if they do, odds are they won't be successful when they do play! There have been many QBs drafted the last 10 years, and almost as many that have sat over 75% of their rookie year. Only one QB that sat over 75% of his rookie year in that span had any success. That's Patrick Mahomes.

Players learn by playing.

But let’s keep throwing rookies to the wolves, because that always works right? Rookies sit on the bench for years before they are asked to take over so they can learn.

I’m not claiming Kap to be some savior (I hate the guy, he’s a smug jerk), but everyone placing their faith in an injured rookie is just insane.
    Brandon Allen isn't a rookie, he's been in the league 4 years. Talk about throwing to the wolves, bring in Kap, who hasn't thrown a pass in nearly 3 years, and throw him out there with less than a week of practice.

Why are Broncos fans wasting data on asking for Kaepernick to be signed by the Broncos?

Itís not happening.

Thereís no real evidence that Kaepernick even wants to play football.

There is evidence that John Elway no longer wants Kaepernick to be a Bronco. Elway gave the guy a chance and Kaepernick declined.

I wonder if Flacco complained of his neck injury or if the team did it for him. I know he mentioned getting his necked rubbed down on the sideline but I donít recall him saying it was an injury.
    Negs are Cowardly Acts of Nonsense. I wonít Back Down.
    No Matter How Stupid Your Comments Are!
    Still Not Backing Down!!!

But let’s keep throwing rookies to the wolves, because that always works right? Rookies sit on the bench for years before they are asked to take over so they can learn.

I’m not claiming Kap to be some savior (I hate the guy, he’s a smug jerk), but everyone placing their faith in an injured rookie is just insane.
    No they don't. Maybe 30 years ago, but plenty of young QBs didn't spend years on the bench. What did sitting on the bench do for Lynch?

You either have what it takes or you don't. Waiting isn't going to magically make it better.

Here it is, in all of it's glory, Brandon Allen's career preseason highlights:

Our 6th different starting QB in just 57 games...........

Quote Originally Posted by Freyaka View Post
    No they don't. Maybe 30 years ago, but plenty of young QBs didn't spend years on the bench. What did sitting on the bench do for Lynch?

You either have what it takes or you don't. Waiting isn't going to magically make it better.
    But Lynch didn't sit. He was, by most accounts, a 2-3 year project. He had no business starting his rookie year, yet he was thrown out there anyway. That's why I'm glad they're keeping Lock away from the starting job. Lock looked just as raw as Lynch in the preseason; he has no business starting in his rookie year.

I think they finally realized that starting a guy that isn't ready for the speed of the NFL game yet is a really dumb idea and hinders their development. One can certainly argue against drafting a project at all, especially when you don't have an established starter for them to sut behind, but that's the strategy Elway wants to employ. So that's the strategy we have to watch play out.

IMO, we need to stop drafting project QBs. They just aren't worth the hassle. Not so surprisingly, the only QB that Elway's drafted that wasn't a project was Siemien and he was the most successful of the QBs we've drafted. But as long as we have a project, we should do this right and not rush him into the starting role as a rookie. It just gets us right back in the same boat in a year or two.

Quote Originally Posted by broncolee View Post

There’s no real evidence that Kaepernick even wants to play football.
    Not wanting to get bogged down in any Kap chat but this statement is patently false.

But I will concede to your other points.

I wish I knew what Elway's plan was. I don't think he has a plan. He is spitballing as best he can. Lock was a waste of a pick when we could have gotten a contributing player (maybe, lord knows he has wiffed on enough picks) and I fear next year's draft will go by, they will screw it up and we will have no young QB to build on.

Now if that is the plan, so we can suck and pick up Trevor Lawrence in 2021, I will help build the Elway statue myself.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Here it is, in all of it's glory, Brandon Allen's career preseason highlights:

Our 6th different starting QB in just 57 games...........
    We'll see how he does when the games matter. I'm not gonna throw the towel in on a guy that has never thrown a regular season pass. Minshew didn't look great in the preseason, he's handling himself well. Kyle Allen didn't look like a world beater, yet the Panthers have been better with him than they were with Cam at the beginning of the year.

Give the kid a chance. The guy may not be good, but I don't see a reason to be so pessimistic before he's played even one snap.

I only read the first page of posts so this may have already been brought up. The cameras were on Flacco on the bench while the training staff was looking at his neck. Flacco could clearly been seen pointing out a tender spot in his neck and the med staff checking it. Brandon Allen was close by paying attention and the announcers even commented about Flacco's injury and wondered if Allen would take off the baseball cap and start warming up. Flacco returned to the game next series.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    But Lynch didn't sit. He was, by most accounts, a 2-3 year project. He had no business starting his rookie year, yet he was thrown out there anyway. That's why I'm glad they're keeping Lock away from the starting job. Lock looked just as raw as Lynch in the preseason; he has no business starting in his rookie year.

I think they finally realized that starting a guy that isn't ready for the speed of the NFL game yet is a really dumb idea and hinders their development. One can certainly argue against drafting a project at all, especially when you don't have an established starter for them to sut behind, but that's the strategy Elway wants to employ. So that's the strategy we have to watch play out.

IMO, we need to stop drafting project QBs. They just aren't worth the hassle. Not so surprisingly, the only QB that Elway's drafted that wasn't a project was Siemien and he was the most successful of the QBs we've drafted. But as long as we have a project, we should do this right and not rush him into the starting role as a rookie. It just gets us right back in the same boat in a year or two.
    I mentioned the bolded somewhere. Probably the Lock thread.

A lot of people disagreed. There were some good reasons to support their opinions. I think it's situational.

I don't like Flacco. I didn't want him here. But, I hope he gets healthy and whatever happens to him, I hope he goes out his way.
    Administrator

#LupusAwareness

Adopted Bronco: Derek Wolfe --- I adopted: Everyone!

"a semicolon is used when an author could've chosen to end their sentence, but chose not to. The author is you and the sentence is your life ; "

LOL....Flacco still gets sacked with Bolles holding.