Page 10 of 13 FirstFirst ... 8 9 10 11 12 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Most of the pre-draft stuff I read on Lock was he was not ready to start in the NFL week 1. Everyone in the SI article I read about Lock said he was not a week 1 NFL starter.

Seems to me IR move was a good way to get a roster spot for a player who is not ready to play in the NFL
    Taking practice time away from him will not make him any more ready to play in the NFL. Dwayne Haskins also is not considered ready to start, but he is practicing.

Besides... The new #1 QB is a former 2016 6th-rd pick cut by two teams, with zero snaps in the regular season. The backup QB is now Rypien, undrafted free agent from the same class that made Lock a 2nd-rd pick. Allen can play as the starter, Rypien can serve as the backup... But Lock can't even practice?
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Taking practice time away from him will not make him any more ready to play in the NFL. Dwayne Haskins also is not considered ready to start, but he is practicing.

Besides... The new #1 QB is a former 2016 6th-rd pick cut by two teams, with zero snaps in the regular season. The backup QB is now Rypien, undrafted free agent from the same class that made Lock a 2nd-rd pick. Allen can play as the starter, Rypien can serve as the backup... But Lock can't even practice?
    It makes no sense, and speaks to a greater issue that likely Elway is not willing to risk his legacy on Lock but rather wait until 2020 with Herbert instead. Either way, this entire process has been horrifically mismanaged, and I'm having a hard time understanding those who are defending Elway's actions.

Quote Originally Posted by TheAsianPA View Post
    Either way, this entire process has been horrifically mismanaged, and I'm having a hard time understanding those who are defending Elway's actions.
    It's unconditional reverence towards a lifetime idol.

Notice that it only applies to Elway. Even Wade Phillips, the key to SB 50, does not get such treatment. The same people who give Elway limitless rope because of SB 50 say that moving on from Wade was the right move because 'the Rams gave up 40 points to the Buccaneers'. On the other hand, Elway can be the GM for as long as he wants despite the 2-6, 6-10, 5-11 records.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Lock has been medically cleared since the last week of September when he removed the splint on his right hand. He was eligible to return to practice after the Titans game and could have been active on the roster since the Colts game.

He should not have been placed on IR with a sprained thumb, that was laughable. Bryce Callahan should have been placed on IR, not Lock.
    He was cleared 2 weeks ago as per many articles and reports.... let’s not exaggerate things here...

From Lock:

Lock, who said his thumb is “healed up” and that he’s been cleared for the last two weeks, wants to be out on the practice and game fields as soon as possible

From oct 29...
    http://s7.postimg.org/hjr8fcmaz/EM2.jpg

Adopted Bronco: Andy Janovich

It's unconditional reverence towards a lifetime idol.

Notice that it only applies to Elway. Even Wade Phillips, the key to SB 50, does not get such treatment. The same people who give Elway limitless rope because of SB 50 say that moving on from Wade was the right move because 'the Rams gave up 40 points to the Buccaneers'. On the other hand, Elway can be the GM for as long as he wants despite the 2-6, 6-10, 5-11 records.
    Elway's logic really escapes me. And yes, lets be respectful of him for what he has done for us, but we should still expect common sense and good judgement, rather than look the other way.

Quote Originally Posted by EddieMac View Post
    He was cleared 2 weeks ago as per many articles and reports.... let’s not exaggerate things here...
    https://www.espn.com/blog/denver-bro...ield-next-week

Jeff Legwold Oct 11, 2019

Before Sunday's win over the Los Angeles Chargers, Lock did some throwing work on the field -- it was the first time he had thrown in pregame since his injury in August. Earlier this week, he said it "felt great" to throw and he has not had a splint on his right (throwing) hand and wrist for the past two weeks.

Hey guys,

You are all cracking me up with your arm chair GM holier than thou routine.

There are reasons why things are being done the way they are. Elway's name is being thrown around as lot. Do you think Fangio has zero say in this? Do you think Elway would go against his HC if he were pounding the table to get lock ready? What about Scang for that matter? There's an entire organisation behind this decision.

What have ya'll seen from the lad which says he's destined to make waves? I saw a young athlete with a long way to go. I saw a lot of iffy college tape with that dangerous word "potential".

I am not sure what y'all see seeing to think lock is the second coming. Situation is delicate.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    Hey guys,

There are reasons why things are being done the way they are. Elway's name is being thrown around as lot. Do you think Fangio has zero say in this? Do you think Elway would go against his HC if he were pounding the table to get lock ready? What about Scang for that matter? There's an entire organisation behind this decision.

What have ya'll seen from the lad which says he's destined to make waves? I saw a young athlete with a long way to go. I saw a lot of iffy college tape with that dangerous word "potential".

I am not sure what y'all see seeing to think lock is the second coming. Situation is delicate.
    I saw absolutely nothing in preseason that has me wanting to rush Lock back into the line up.

Multiple people have said he has a lot of work to do before he is a NFL ready QB.

You know when we rush him onto the field and he fails miserably because he is not ready the same arm chair GMs who wanted him rushed onto the field will then rush to say pushing Lock onto the field is another reason why Elway should be gone.

I personally would not mind if we saw min 1 game each from Allen, Rypien and Lock before the season is done.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

From what I have seen said about Lock on TV from people who have played in the NFL or coached in the NFL there are things he needs to work on that can be done from where he is now.

Yea he should get onto the field in 2019 but it does not HAVE to be right now. There is nothing wrong with seeing what we got with all of our QBs

He practiced a lot leading up to preseason and imo he looked pretty bad in preseason.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Hmmm I think your reading too much into it. Were not saying Lock is the second coming and hes our savior. Wete talking about a Qb who was drafted and was mishandled getting back on the practice field. He didnt have to be activated from IR to practice. Lock could have been practicing already . It seems like they want Lock to make his debut against the Chargers.

Quote Originally Posted by Zealander View Post
    Hey guys,

Uh yes Elway is making all the executive decision vetoing everyone else.

Do you honestly believe Munchak and Kuper are continuously marching Garrett Bolles our there?

Doesn’t matter if they don’t have anyone else, they’d find someone if given the option.

Do you really think it is Vic Fangios staff saying all the very same things about Drew Lock “not being ready” just as Vance Joseph’s staff said about Paxton Lynch?

Do you really think it was Gary Kubiak playing Michael Schofield over Ryan Harris and Tyler Polumbus?

After seeing film of Conor McGovern getting bull rushed into case Keenum last season that it was Mike Munchak that decided to over pay for an injury prone RT (Juwan James) instead of paying the pro bowl center Matt Paradis?

Was it Vic Fangio who made the decision NOT to extend CHJ last off-season and in turn irritating Harris to the point where he requests a guarantee in his one year contract that he’ll be given the chance to hit the free agent market without receiving a franchise tag in 2020?

As far as the “arm chair” comment goes, that was a cop out used by bad coaches in defense of horrible play calling. Kind of like what we have now and whats worse is a fan using that horrible coaches cope out against other fans.

It’s actually a very amusing piece in a drone controlled society.
    Last edited by Sam_Z; 10-31-2019 at 06:51 AM.

I think they’re wanting to get a full 3 weeks of practice in when they activate him. If they activate him now he’ll only get 2 days of practice during the bye. They want him to get a full 3 weeks before he’s activated for a game.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Elway's logic really escapes me. And yes, lets be respectful of him for what he has done for us, but we should still expect common sense and good judgement, rather than look the other way.
    I don’t know if I’m all that big on this virtual reality stuff but anyway I’ve heard that lock is really struggling with reading the middle of the defense while using this virtual reality thing.

I almost want to say that John may be somewhat afraid to insert Lock into the game right now out of fear of looking as if he’s missed again. Also if lock plays horribly, it may drive down any trade value.

Quote Originally Posted by Sam_Z View Post
    He does, you guys can assume that he doesn’t All you want but he does make game day decisions. I’ve been telling you guys this for years and I’m sure you’ve heard Mark Schlereths rant in national TV a few days ago.

You “knock it off” I can’t believe how you guys refuse to hear or accept the truth. What era are we living in, the 16th century witch trials?
    Anyone who goes against Elway is strung up and burned.

My goodness stop lying to yourselves and accept the truth already.

Also Don’t tell me that Mark Schlereth doesn’t know what he’s talking about just to fit your narrative.
    Mark Schlereth was a great lineman, but like a lot of JE naysayers here, it's easy to sit back and punch away when a team is on the ropes. But the Broncos are a top 5 team in wins and losses the last 10yrs. So I will ride with Elway before handing it over to anyone else. I'm really glad some of the posters here have nothing to do with the operation of the team or we would be kissing SB50 goodbye. Besides, I know JE can come from behind to win it all again and I want to watch it unfold. Some posters here have perfect hindsight. Like Schlereth.