• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
  • Mel B.
    All-Time Great
    • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Nobody has an issue with Allen starting the next few games, the problem is they’re not even letting Lock practice. They don’t even have activate him yet, they can let him practice then make a decision. It’s completely mind boggling.

The only theory I can come up with is it’s Fangio and Elway’s desperate attempt to keep the pressure off them. They’re going to try to drag this out till next year if they can, they basically get a free year once Lock starts playing, that clock starts ticking as soon as he plays.

Yeah I get that and that upsets me also but like some have said...if we (fans) know he's cleared to practice and is practicing then we (fans) will be calling for him to play soon after Allen (and Rypien) show their 'worth'.

As much as I want to see him in live reps I don't want to see his first start(s) come at the expense of two of the better defenses in the league. If we were playing against lesser defenses or if he had already been playing then I wouldn't have a problem with starting him coming off the bye.

Comment

• coffee
      Practice Squad
      • May 2008

Originally posted by BroncosIsLife View Post
      Go get Mariota or Winston? LOL wow, you are smoking some gooooooooooooooooood stuff. Winston who is clearly a bust, Mariota was benched for Tannehill and those are the guys you want to supposedly 'win now'...? cmon....
      Agreed, which means this is exactly the kind of move Elway would make.

Comment

• Broncos-R-Great
        Hall of Famer
        • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Mel B. View Post
        Yeah I get that and that upsets me also but like some have said...if we (fans) know he's cleared to practice and is practicing then we (fans) will be calling for him to play soon after Allen (and Rypien) show their 'worth'.

As much as I want to see him in live reps I don't want to see his first start(s) come at the expense of two of the better defenses in the league. If we were playing against lesser defenses or if he had already been playing then I wouldn't have a problem with starting him coming off the bye.
        Yeah, that's only theory I have on it. They need to get it right with Lock and are trying to setup the best possible scenario for him.

Comment

• Bronco51
          Football Immortal
          • Jan 2005

Go get Mariota or Winston? LOL wow, you are smoking some gooooooooooooooooood stuff. Winston who is clearly a bust, Mariota was benched for Tannehill and those are the guys you want to supposedly 'win now'...? cmon....

"Joe Flacco is in his prime".......nuff said.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
            Captain
            • Aug 2008

This Elway we're talking about. He thought trading for the perennially inured, bottom 10 QB that is Joe Flacco was a "win-now" move.

Comment

• Papa-pwn
              Captain
              • Aug 2008

So the team is afraid of the fans saying things about how they want Lock to play? That's what is holding them back? How sad

Comment

• Mel B.
                All-Time Great
                • Apr 2009

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                So the team is afraid of the fans saying things about how they want Lock to play? That's what is holding them back? How sad

Nah I think they could give 2 'you-know-whats' about what we're saying and their thinking is more on the lines of what I said in my 2nd sentence.

Comment

• Freyaka
                  Football Immortal
                  • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Saddletramp View Post
                  Have you or anyone else for that matter ever, considered the fact that lock may actually have an injury and that it may have been worse than reported???.
                  He's been throwing for weeks. There is nothing of the sort to consider. Additionally they've confirmed he's healthy enough. It's not a health issue at play here.
                  sigpic

Comment

• broncolee
                    Football Immortal
                    • Jan 2007

Originally posted by Papa-pwn View Post
                    I think that was the consensus when Flacco was the starter. Assuming Flacco’s injury is legit, maybe that still is the case.

If Flacco is out for only one game and is still the starter, they might not want the boo birds calling for Lock with an actual chance he could play.

At this point, they might as well give both Allen and Rypien a shot. If they don’t work out, give Lock the job.
                    Last edited by broncolee; 10-29-2019, 07:55 AM.
                    Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• orange crush75
                      Captain
                      • Feb 2006

I'm starting to think their plan was to sit Lock this year and next year and go with Flacco . Who the heck knows what the vision of our FO is .

Comment

• Freyaka
                        Football Immortal
                        • Jan 2007

Originally posted by orange crush75 View Post
                        I'm starting to think their plan was to sit Lock this year and next year and go with Flacco . Who the heck knows what the vision of our FO is .
                        That assumes our front office has a vision. Something I'm starting to firmly doubt.
                        sigpic

Comment

• broncolee
                          Football Immortal
                          • Jan 2007

Just heard that Flacco is out five to six weeks.

They need to get Lock on the field.
                          Stop Feeding The Trolls, Please!!!!!

Comment

• Freyaka
                            Football Immortal
                            • Jan 2007

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

I'd put my money on Elway leaving him on ir. If he does, there are going to be riots. Especially if flacco sees the field again.
                            sigpic

Comment

• Peerless
                              Football Immortal
                              • May 2004

Originally posted by broncolee View Post

"A chance to come back and prove himself next year!"

-Elway, probably

Comment

• BroncosIsLife
                                Captain
                                • Jan 2017

Originally posted by Freyaka View Post
                                He's been throwing for weeks. There is nothing of the sort to consider. Additionally they've confirmed he's healthy enough. It's not a health issue at play here.
                                unless I am mis-remembering it was reportedly stated by the Denver folks that Lock was the furthest along recovery-wise of ANY of the guys on IR.

Comment

Working...
                                X