Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Maybe they think that Allen will play great and we go on a run then they'll just leave Lock on the IR ........I kid I kid lol
    Are you sayin there might be a Plan B???

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    Are you sayin there might be a Plan B???

I'm not even sure they have plans . I think they might be using those magic 8 balls we used to play with to make all their decisions lol.

As much as Elway did for the organization whether that be playing QB or head of football operations. I think its time for a change in management. Hes been through countless QBs and a handful of coaches. I'm tired of seeing this carousel of whose next!

I'm not even sure they have plans . I think they might be using those magic 8 balls we used to play with to make all their decisions lol.
    Ah, brings back memories of Spencer’s at the mall.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    Ah, brings back memories of Spencer’s at the mall.
    Haha no doubt !

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am one who needs to "calm down" I suppose....and yet, I don't think I need to in this situation. A group of us do not feel the need to. Why not start the practice routine going? Look at Brees and Mahomes….who seemed to want to rush to return, which sounds more dangerous to me if I'm running an organization. They are proven stars, and a false move with them would be very hard to explain. Admittedly, Mahomes is not back, but he seems to have wanted to.

So, possibly our next starting QB for the future has to wait, just to practice. Are we missing something? Is he more injured than anyone is saying? Is he guaranteed (I was going to say "a lock" but I spared you all) to have the job, so lets hold him back? Do we know who is starting next year? When we will know? Before FA and The Draft? After?

Lots of questions that lead me to this...if the kid is ready to get on the field, time is a wastin. Let him loosen up, so that he can get his rightful shot at the job, and at the very least, gain as much NFL experience as possible.
    OK, the thing is, I don't think the Broncos think of Drew Lock as THE guy. They think of him as A guy. They drafted him because he was value at the pick. Brandon Allen has actually been around a bit longer and has been through the routine for a couple of seasons as a #3 and they probably value him more RIGHT NOW than they do Lock. Lock is a future guy, a potential guy, not seen as someone who will come in and make an impact as a rookie. So the deal is you do what you need to do to keep Lock on the roster until you're ready for him to take up a meaningful spot. They probably looked at his thumb injury like a gift from Fate and they aren't going to blow that gift if they don't have to. So they pick a time frame that lets him get some good, long practice time in and decide if they want to keep him active or stash him back on IR again for next year. That means activating him at a time when he can get a full three week practice schedule.

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    OK, the thing is, I don't think the Broncos think of Drew Lock as THE guy. They think of him as A guy. They drafted him because he was value at the pick. Brandon Allen has actually been around a bit longer and has been through the routine for a couple of seasons as a #3 and they probably value him more RIGHT NOW than they do Lock. Lock is a future guy, a potential guy, not seen as someone who will come in and make an impact as a rookie. So the deal is you do what you need to do to keep Lock on the roster until you're ready for him to take up a meaningful spot. They probably looked at his thumb injury like a gift from Fate and they aren't going to blow that gift if they don't have to. So they pick a time frame that lets him get some good, long practice time in and decide if they want to keep him active or stash him back on IR again for next year. That means activating him at a time when he can get a full three week practice schedule.
    Absolutely horrible management. Thank you for laying out just how inept this front office's line of thought is concerning the QB position.

OK, the thing is, I don't think the Broncos think of Drew Lock as THE guy. They think of him as A guy. They drafted him because he was value at the pick]. Brandon Allen has actually been around a bit longer and has been through the routine for a couple of seasons as a #3 and they probably value him more RIGHT NOW than they do Lock. Lock is a future guy, a potential guy, not seen as someone who will come in and make an impact as a rookie. So the deal is you do what you need to do to keep Lock on the roster until you're ready for him to take up a meaningful spot. They probably looked at his thumb injury like a gift from Fate and they aren't going to blow that gift if they don't have to. So they pick a time frame that lets him get some good, long practice time in and decide if they want to keep him active or stash him back on IR again for next year. That means activating him at a time when he can get a full three week practice schedule.
    If I buy a used car, tell my neighbor it was a good value, leave it parked and don’t drive it anywhere...it was a waste of money. It wasn’t good value.

Exactly......going back to draft day it's clear Lock wasn't the target. When he was still available after we got our guy (Risner) then he became an option....a dart throw.
    I think you hit the nail on the head.....the team sees him as A guy, not THE guy.

After we traded back and selected Fant at 20 there were 9 picks traded before we selected again. If Lock was our target we would have moved up to get him then. No matter how inept people think Elway is, he never would have gone into the draft saying "let's just let all the smoke clear before we make our move for our future franchise QB"

I hope Lock surprises me, but nothing the team has done gives me any reason to believe they think he will. We moved off of 10 when he was there, we didn't select him him at 20 when we could have got the 5th year, didn't move up for him when 9 picks were being traded, and then we selected Risner at 41 ensuring that if we did work a trade for 42 Lock would get paid less. These aren't moves you make to secure your franchise guy. I'm just hoping he doesn't turn out to be a completely wasted selection.

I expect to see Rypien some time today in the second half.

Quote Originally Posted by atwaterandstir View Post
    Exactly......going back to draft day it's clear Lock wasn't the target. When he was still available after we got our guy (Risner) then he became an option....a dart throw.
    I think you hit the nail on the head.....the team sees him as A guy, not THE guy.

After we traded back and selected Fant at 20 there were 9 picks traded before we selected again. If Lock was our target we would have moved up to get him then. No matter how inept people think Elway is, he never would have gone into the draft saying "let's just let all the smoke clear before we make our move for our future franchise QB"

I hope Lock surprises me, but nothing the team has done gives me any reason to believe they think he will. We moved off of 10 when he was there, we didn't select him him at 20 when we could have got the 5th year, didn't move up for him when 9 picks were being traded, and then we selected Risner at 41 ensuring that if we did work a trade for 42 Lock would get paid less. These aren't moves you make to secure your franchise guy. I'm just hoping he doesn't turn out to be a completely wasted selection.
    Who cares what the “plan” was, they drafted a QB and now need a QB with the starter on IR. At 2-6 what difference does it make if you drafted to be the guy or not, let him practice and play and see if you have anything there.

This really shows how poor this FO is at adapting to the situation. Whatever plans you had going into the season need to be thrown out when you’re 2-6 and your starting QB is on IR

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Absolutely horrible management. Thank you for laying out just how inept this front office's line of thought is concerning the QB position.
    You have consistently over rated Lock since well before the draft and you haven't been objective about the QB situation at any point this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Fantaztic7 View Post
    If I buy a used car, tell my neighbor it was a good value, leave it parked and don’t drive it anywhere...it was a waste of money. It wasn’t good value.
    Do you keep 53 cars in your garage and decide which 46 of them to drive simultaneously one day a week? Some analogies are pointless because they don't really make any sense no matter how good they sound in your head.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Who cares what the “plan” was, they drafted a QB and now need a QB with the starter on IR. At 2-6 what difference does it make if you drafted to be the guy or not, let him practice and play and see if you have anything there.

This really shows how poor this FO is at adapting to the situation. Whatever plans you had going into the season need to be thrown out when you’re 2-6 and your starting QB is on IR
    We have two other QB's on the roster. Looks like the FO would like to see what they have there.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I expect to see Rypien some time today in the second half.
    Rypien did not make it on the field in the second half......

You have consistently over rated Lock since well before the draft and you haven't been objective about the QB situation at any point this season.

Do you keep 53 cars in your garage and decide which 46 of them to drive simultaneously one day a week? Some analogies are pointless because they don't really make any sense no matter how good they sound in your head.

We have two other QB's on the roster. Looks like the FO would like to see what they have there.
    The team rewarded the hard work of a player who has stay healthy and practiced all year, great game by Allen.

Maybe they think that Allen will play great and we go on a run then they'll just leave Lock on the IR ........I kid I kid lol
    You kid but after one game we are 1-0 and scored as many points as we have scored all season.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy