Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    I don’t know, we were saying that all last year too, 6 of the 10 losses were by 1 score, eventually we just have to admit they’re not a very good team.

Until they can get an offense that can actually build and hold a lead, expect the close loses to keep happening. The margin of error is so small right now that all these games are toss ups and we’re just hoping to get some luck to win them. That’s simply not a sustainable winning formula, as we’ve seen the last 2+ years.
    I'm not disputing the record, the loses are loses. What I'm saying is the front office had every right to feel they were competitive and 'still in it' two weeks ago.
    Last edited by JW7; 10-30-2019 at 10:03 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by JW7 View Post
    I'm disputing the record, the loses are loses. What I'm saying is the front office had every right to feel they were competitive and 'still in it' two weeks ago.
    Yes, they were in it before the KC game and probably still are if they win out. Delusional.....yes probably now. Now that we've seen JF play, I think BA will give the Broncos a better chance to win if he can scramble considering the O-line. If BA can complete over 60% of his passes, then the last second losses should end.

I'm not disputing the record, the loses are loses. What I'm saying is the front office had every right to feel they were competitive and 'still in it' two weeks ago.
    Absolutely. We were coming off 2 straight wins; KC was coming off 2 straight losses. Had we won, we would have been 1 game back of KC. There's nothing delusional about believing we were still in it at 2-4. If they believe we're still in it now, I'd say that's delusional, but it definitely wasn't delusional going into the game against KC.

Two weeks ago they were a KC win away from being a game back in the division. Good on them for wanting to be competitive and not giving up. The team has also lost of 3 game ending field goals. With that said, they are 2-6 and the season is over. Time to bring back Lock and start rebuilding for next year.
    All I want for Xmas is a Bronco QB controversy where two Qbs play so well that we do not know who to start in 2020

Do not care which two Qbs play exceptionally
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

This all makes me frustrated.....this QB foolishness. Elway, put Flacco on IR and move on with the young guns. We've said it here a thousand times for sure. "see what you got in the stable, to help you make a decision in the offseason." It's quite basic strategy. Simple points:
    1) Flacco is not the answer, shelve/release him. Whatever...do not start next season with him.
    2) Lock and/or other young guns might be, sooooooo….
    3) Test them out, so that we can observe their capabilities, and help them grow, with a whole offseason for them to refresh and move forward.
    4) Test them out, so that they can learn and gain much needed experience.
    5) Design around them, so that the Oline is not going to minimize their chances. Other coaches do it, so why can't we? Run, throw short, add blocking via TEs/RBs, spread the field occasionally going long ball, just to keep Ds honest.
    6) IF none of these young guns has a starting future, based on what is observed, make this offseason another serious attempt at finding our future QB!!!!!!!
    Last edited by CanDB; 10-30-2019 at 11:29 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Megalodon30 View Post
    Absolutely. We were coming off 2 straight wins; KC was coming off 2 straight losses. Had we won, we would have been 1 game back of KC. There's nothing delusional about believing we were still in it at 2-4. If they believe we're still in it now, I'd say that's delusional, but it definitely wasn't delusional going into the game against KC.
    Yes, I get how the math played out, but in reality only 1 team in NFL history has made the playoffs after starting 0-4. It was pretty asinine to think they could win like 10 straight games and be back in contention, especially with one of the leagues worst offenses and Flacco playing poorly.

Regardless, they shouldíve let Lock start practicing after the Chiefs loss, especially if it was true that Flacco was having neck problems then. This whole situation has been so poorly managed, the lack of any foresight is almost disturbing.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Someone needs to hide Elway's phone and laptop
    and fax machine

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    This all makes me frustrated.....this QB foolishness. Elway, put Flacco on IR and move on with the young guns. We've said it here a thousand times for sure. "see what you got in the stable, to help you make a decision in the offseason." It's quite basic strategy. Simple points:
    1) Flacco is not the answer, shelve/release him. Whatever...do not start next season with him.
    3) Test them out, so that we can observe their capabilities, and help them grow, with a whole offseason for them to refresh and move forward.
    5) Design around them, so that the Oline is not going to minimize their chances. Other coaches do it, so why can't we? Run, throw short, add blocking via TEs/RBs, spread the field occasionally going long ball, just to keep Ds honest.
    6) IF none of these young guns has a starting future, based on what is observed, make this offseason another serious attempt at finding our future QB!!!!!!!
    Try to be patient, I know itís hard, but a good chance the things you are asking to be done will be.

Brandon Allen and Rypien are the starter and back up going into this week. Those are young guns.

I havenít heard anybody say Flacco wonít go on IR, so until they do we got to be patient.
    Elway isnít going to decide on the second IR player until he has to.
    Rumor has it Lock will start practicing after the bye week. That means he may still play this year. I personally hope we get to see him, but I also believe if he is this teams next franchise Qb he will stand out and take the job, him not practicing this week and or playing is going to prevent that. ( didnít hurt Aaron Rodgers or Mahomes), if the kid can play heís gonna stand out.

Next season will be a whole new story, i doubt any of us predicted Elway would trade for Flacco and trade away Keenum this last off-season. After free agency and the draft our team will look a lot different.

One move Iím am hoping happens soon is a long term deal for Simmons.
    Also a restructure for Von would help.

Quote Originally Posted by roushmartin6 View Post
    He sprained his thumb, Drew Brees tore a ligament and is back already. Lock has been throwing for weeks now. For whatever reason they just won't pull the trigger.
    Lock has been medically cleared since the last week of September when he removed the splint on his right hand. He was eligible to return to practice after the Titans game and could have been active on the roster since the Colts game.

He should not have been placed on IR with a sprained thumb, that was laughable. Bryce Callahan should have been placed on IR, not Lock.
    http://forums.denverbroncos.com/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=349348&dateline=13355  71607

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post
    Lock has been medically cleared since the last week of September when he removed the splint on his right hand. He was eligible to return to practice after the Titans game and could have been active on the roster since the Colts game.

He should not have been placed on IR with a sprained thumb, that was laughable. Bryce Callahan should have been placed on IR, not Lock.
    Most of the pre-draft stuff I read on Lock was he was not ready to start in the NFL week 1. Everyone in the SI article I read about Lock said he was not a week 1 NFL starter.

I do not think it was just his injury which put him on the IR.

Combo of not NFL ready
    Combo not wanting to carry 3 Qbs ... specially when one is not NFL ready
    Combo how ever long the injury would keep him out

Lock could be practicing now.

The team still does not think he is ready even though his injury was healed long time ago

Seems to me IR move was a good way to get a roster spot for a player who is not ready to play in the NFL

I like doing things the way they are going now because there is a chance we may get a decent playing sample from 3 young QBs before the season is over. Considering how bad we need a QB that seems like a good thing.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    Most of the pre-draft stuff I read on Lock was he was not ready to start in the NFL week 1. Everyone in the SI article I read about Lock said he was not a week 1 NFL starter.

I do not think it was just his injury which put him on the IR.

Combo of not NFL ready
    Combo not wanting to carry 3 Qbs ... specially when one is not NFL ready
    Combo how ever long the injury would keep him out

Lock could be practicing now.

The team still does not think he is ready even though his injury was healed long time ago

Seems to me IR move was a good way to get a roster spot for a player who is not ready to play in the NFL
    Welk then look for the NFLPA to take action and Denver to lose draft picks because you can't go on IR for any other reason but an injury.

Him missing practice by going on IR was a terrible, idiotic move that lacked any foresight or planning. Much like most of Elway's QB moves. No plan B. Just plan A. Disturbingly enough we chose a bottom 10 QB who is oft injured as our plan A.

You don't acquire NFL "readiness" by ot playing and not practicing. In Fangio's own words "I've found the only way players get better is when they actually play.".

Elway is out of his mind and anyone defending this series of event is fighting an uphill battle because it defies all logic, common sense, and successful trends of the NFL- both past and present.

They say they have a plan concerning Lock. For what? Because dating back to training camp, the only plan it looks like they have is one to tank his career because they have set him up for failure with every move they have made for him. Starting with giving Kevin Hogan all of the 2nd team reps in camp for several weeks, to placing him on IR with a minor injury, to renegotioating Flacco's deal, to keeping him away from practice longer than necessary, to calling him a liar- saying Lock is not physically ready a day after Lock told the media he's been medically cleared and good to go for a while.

If Lock doesn't end up a massive bust, it will be a compete credit to his work ethic and maturity for fighting through be set back so far by such a terribly managed FO.

Multiple reports came out and said Minshew and Allen from Panthers werent ready either . All that talk is just speculation. Some people adapt and respond different. Just because someone says it doesnt make it true .

Quote Originally Posted by -Rod- View Post

Rod....I almost always agree with you, and this time is no exception. And clearly, others here support the bizarre nature of how we are dealing with QBs. It has actually turned me and others (I read) off about Elway and gang.

Look around Broncs....seems like every year another QB or two make a name for themselves by simply getting handed the ball.

This hide 'em in IR, or holding him back from practice junk is merely that....junk. Ask Drew Brees about "being on the field". That's what you want from a vet, and what you want in a rookie. If the basic conclusion is that we are out of the playoffs (other than miracles/complete turnarounds), isn't it 101 stuff to let your highest prospect get out there? And yes, he will be sacked, and he will make poor decisions, and he will throw imperfectly. But each time he will file away....and there is nothing like the power of a young mind, and a strong young body. These dudes learn quickly, and they tend to improve as time goes on.

Put Lock out there!!! And if he looks bad, I will accept that. But even if not too good, I believe that he could store, work on, and mature into the role by next season.

Rod....I almost always agree with you, and this time is no exception. And clearly, others here support the bizarre nature of how we are dealing with QBs. It has actually turned me and others (I read) off about Elway and gang.

Look around Broncs....seems like every year another QB or two make a name for themselves by simply getting handed the ball.

This hide 'em in IR, or holding him back from practice junk is merely that....junk. Ask Drew Brees about "being on the field". That's what you want from a vet, and what you want in a rookie. If the basic conclusion is that we are out of the playoffs (other than miracles/complete turnarounds), isn't it 101 stuff to let your highest prospect get out there? And yes, he will be sacked, and he will make poor decisions, and he will throw imperfectly. But each time he will file away....and there is nothing like the power of a young mind, and a strong young body. These dudes learn quickly, and they tend to improve as time goes on.

Put Lock out there!!! And if he looks bad, I will accept that. But even if not too good, I believe that he could store, work on, and mature into the role by next season.
    Exactly, well said. What we cannot accept is entering the 2020 draft, a top 10 pick, and no clue as to whether or not to pick a QB.