Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13
    Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    Rypien did not make it on the field in the second half......
    Very true statement. Solid bump.

Quote Originally Posted by 58Miller View Post
    The team rewarded the hard work of a player who has stay healthy and practiced all year, great game by Allen.
    I don't think it's out of line to say that Allen earned a chance to start in this situation. Although it's not extensive (to put it mildly) he does have a work history. Good for him, he had a decent game out there today.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    I expect to see Rypien some time today in the second half.
    hmmmmmm.... You and Colin should probably talk
    My Boss is a Jewish Carpenter

Quote Originally Posted by orange crush75 View Post
    Maybe they think that Allen will play great and we go on a run then they'll just leave Lock on the IR ........I kid I kid lol
    Um...it's really not a joke. I don't mean Allen becoming suddenly studly, but leaving Lock on IR is a very real possibility. There is no reason to be waiting to let him practice other than to preserve his IR designation.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    I am one who needs to "calm down" I suppose....and yet, I don't think I need to in this situation. A group of us do not feel the need to. Why not start the practice routine going? Look at Brees and Mahomes….who seemed to want to rush to return, which sounds more dangerous to me if I'm running an organization. They are proven stars, and a false move with them would be very hard to explain. Admittedly, Mahomes is not back, but he seems to have wanted to.

So, possibly our next starting QB for the future has to wait, just to practice. Are we missing something? Is he more injured than anyone is saying? Is he guaranteed (I was going to say "a lock" but I spared you all) to have the job, so lets hold him back? Do we know who is starting next year? When we will know? Before FA and The Draft? After?

Lots of questions that lead me to this...if the kid is ready to get on the field, time is a wastin. Let him loosen up, so that he can get his rightful shot at the job, and at the very least, gain as much NFL experience as possible.
    Well there was no chance of him playing against the Browns, even if they wanted him to. So giving him snaps last week would have been a waste and Allen needed all he could get. We are OFF this week because of the bye. That means you give him snaps next week, 4 days at most, before his first start? You still can't start him, especially if he isn't grasping the playbook, which is the rumor, and giving him snaps would again be taking from Allen, who still needs them. It might not be the time table any of us want, but it's not crazy, nor is it necessarily wrong. It just is.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT

Quote Originally Posted by listopencil View Post
    Um...it's really not a joke. I don't mean Allen becoming suddenly studly, but leaving Lock on IR is a very real possibility. There is no reason to be waiting to let him practice other than to preserve his IR designation.
    While I understand the delay in letting him practice, not practicing him or playing him AT ALL this year would be a huge mistake, in my humble opinion. How can we possibly go into the off season not knowing if he can play well enough to forgo drafting another QB next spring? There is no way they don't play him, unless they are sure he isn't the guy, and I have no idea how they could be sure of that.
    All it takes to win is doing whatever it takes to win: COMMITMENT