Page 2 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 12 ... LastLast
    You see......we do not move forward with Flacco. And we do not move forward without observing our rookie 2nd round QB. We may learn a little bit about our backups, but we have to get Lock on the field this season.

Quote Originally Posted by Papa-pwn View Post
    Klis reports Lock to be held out of practice two more weeks.

https://mobile.twitter.com/mikeklis/...675331585?s=21

Elway is clearly trying to unite the fanbase against him. He's going to draw an angry mob at this point.
    Wow. There is no explanation for this. Really hope it's not true. Lock needs to be taken off the IR immediately and start practicing.

Quote Originally Posted by CanDB View Post
    You see......we do not move forward with Flacco. And we do not move forward without observing our rookie 2nd round QB. We may learn a little bit about our backups, but we have to get Lock on the field this season.
    This is the exact correct explanation. You need to have some direction going into the offseason. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture.

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    I just don't get it!!! Why on Earth wouldnt they activate him now and let him start practicing now????
    I will let Elway's own words answer

“I will say this: The most important thing for a young quarterback is not to put him out there before he’s ready,” Elway said on KOA radio on Wednesday, via The Athletic. “So that is the most important thing and if he’s not ready, we’re not going to put him out there. That is the key thing.

“And as you know dealing with quarterbacks, it’s a very tough thing because if you don’t put him in a situation where he has a chance to be successful and he’s not successful, the whole roof will cave in. So we have to make sure that Drew is ready when he does get in there, if he does get in there.”
    https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...2%2D5%20record.
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Lock is Elways last get out of jail free card with the fans, hes going to drag this out as long as he can. It Locks plays and plays poorly, the calls for Elways head will grow ten-fold. But, if he plays well he can buy himself at least a few more years.

Quote Originally Posted by Hadez View Post
    I will let Elway's own words answer

https://www.reuters.com/article/us-f...2%2D5%20record.
    Iditioc. What makes Lock unready to practice? I doubt Allen and Rypien are all that "ready".

Iditioc. What makes Lock unready to practice? I doubt Allen and Rypien are all that "ready".
    Who who has better information to make this decision

HoF Qb who as GM has taken two teams to the Super Bowl and has and a coaching staff with inside knowledge of all players involved...

Or Angry (for good reason) Fans
    All I want for Christmas is a Bronco QB controversy

Because if the activate him now the fans will immediately start calling for him to start. They want everything perfect when he starts because he has to show something, or else its game over for Elway and his staff.

Quote Originally Posted by Broncos-R-Great View Post
    Lock is Elways last get out of jail free card with the fans, hes going to drag this out as long as he can. It Locks plays and plays poorly, the calls for Elways head will grow ten-fold. But, if he plays well he can buy himself at least a few more years.
    Unless Allen lights it up and turns out to be a franchise QB. I mean, the odds are slim, but it could happen.

Meh, I have to believe that Lock sucks and thats why all the cloak and dagger shenanigans. Theyve had enough time to see what they need. Right now, every QB Elway drafts sucks until they prove otherwise. Maybe the answer is really that simple.

Because if the activate him now the fans will immediately start calling for him to start. They want everything perfect when he starts because he has to show something, or else its game over for Elway and his staff.
    Makes sense I guess, if they truly want this to be as good as can be for him they should go out and trade for a new LT. Soldier and Cordy Glenn are 2 available right now

Andy Jano 2017 adopted Bronco

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Meh, I have to believe that Lock sucks and thats why all the cloak and dagger shenanigans. Theyve had enough time to see what they need. Right now, every QB Elway drafts sucks until they prove otherwise. Maybe the answer is really that simple.
    What time? 3 preseason games?? Please, don't just hate just to hate

They should have got him going in practice two weeks ago, when he was first elgible; if they truly wanted everything to be perfect he would be practicing. Elway has shown to not give a particular damn about what the fans want until this point but now he's afraid of them calling for Lock?

Quote Originally Posted by JvDub95 View Post
    What time? 3 preseason games?? Please, don't just hate just to hate
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but past history with drafted QBs is what Im going off of.

Quote Originally Posted by Bronco51 View Post
    Sorry to burst your bubble, but past history with drafted QBs is what Im going off of.
    That's pathetic seriously, just because he was an Elway drafted quarterback you automatically have him as a bust without even seeing anything